Compet Payout?

Status

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
Anyone know what's going on with this? If I understand correctly, the game is in it's fourth month of being live.

I tried downloading the game last night, I did not find it as easy to play as other similar games. Mousing over a building should bring up a tooltip, but doesn't, you have to click on each building individually, then go back to the previous menu to find out what each building does. I probably didn't give it a fair chance, but after about 10 minutes, I stopped playing, I just wasn't feeling it.

When I had logged on, I was hoping that the game would entice me to want to spend real life cash on it, like one of those war games, but I didn't even want to play it for free. I cede, maybe I'm not the target market.

I understand where MA is coming from here with the secrecy. If they said something to the effect of "compet has had no income in the first three months," then it could kill confidence in the game, so they can't say that. Still, the sparse, non-specific response from devs is exactly what one would say if that were the case.

I really want Compet to succeed. I want the people who invested in deeds to start getting a return. I want the fact that Kim and others were taken away from this game, not to have been for nothing.

How long do you think it will be until payouts start? Do you think they pushed it out of beta too soon? Because it feels like it's still in beta phase. There was a comment on the other forums that they don't want to advertise Compet until it's in a better state of development, but if it's anything like EU, it's going to always be in a state of development.

4 to 6 months from what I seemingly read when they deferred this.

I suspect, and it's speculation, that this is deferred because people actually haven't been buying anything in it (there's no incentive to do so and I attempt to play everyday).

I probably didn't give it a fair chance, but after about 10 minutes, I stopped playing, I just wasn't feeling it.

If you had given Entropia 10 minutes you wouldn't be posting on this forum years later.

You need to give Compets at least an hour, I gave it that long and then found myself playing it each day.

As for the payout, well lets hope more give it an hour test than a 10 minute test, or payout amount could be less than impressive.

Disclaimer: I dont hold any Compet deeds.

on 3 February 2017 i received this from MA :

"We understand that the recent news about delayed Compet Deed payouts was unexpected and that this may have caused a certain amount of inconvenience.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we assure Deed Holders that the prioritization of the development of core gameplay systems over non-gameplay systems was considered necessary for the fully-rounded development of ComPet as a competitive and well-crafted product. We are currently working hard to develop these systems so that ComPet Deed Holders may receive payouts as soon as possible. We also want to clarify that the deed revenues are being accumulated and have done so since the launch of the game.
We also appreciate that ComPet Deed Holders wish to receive timely and relevant information regarding ComPet development. Newsletters will therefore be sent on a regular basis to Compet Deed Holders to ensure that you are kept informed of future developments.
Best regards,
Klas Moreau
CEO MindArk PE AB"

I've similar view as the OP regarding compet and my first impression.
I too wanted to see it succeed and kept that view to myself but in the end I gave up after a week.
Besides I really don't have the time for another game atm.

Full Disclosure: I don't have any Compet deeds atm

Last edited:
What will happen to Mind Ark and EU should the compet game fail on the smartphone/tablet market?

What will happen to Mind Ark and EU should the compet game fail on the smartphone/tablet market?

Personally, I think they'd roll it into EU.

I don't think it's going to happen though. I just wish they were a bit more open about everything, but I know that's not going to happen.

So funny, people actually expecting a payout :lolup::eyecrazy:

on 3 February 2017 i received this from MA :

"We understand that the recent news about delayed Compet Deed payouts was unexpected and that this may have caused a certain amount of inconvenience.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we assure Deed Holders that the prioritization of the development of core gameplay systems over non-gameplay systems was considered necessary for the fully-rounded development of ComPet as a competitive and well-crafted product. We are currently working hard to develop these systems so that ComPet Deed Holders may receive payouts as soon as possible. We also want to clarify that the deed revenues are being accumulated and have done so since the launch of the game.
We also appreciate that ComPet Deed Holders wish to receive timely and relevant information regarding ComPet development. Newsletters will therefore be sent on a regular basis to Compet Deed Holders to ensure that you are kept informed of future developments.
Best regards,
Klas Moreau
CEO MindArk PE AB"

Has anyone actually read this
There is payout, it just doesn't get paid out as far as I understand

We also want to clarify that the deed revenues are being accumulated and have done so since the launch of the game.

Problem is, I'm a deed holder and haven't received any communication or newsletters on the subject. So no I didn't see that.

Princess|ComPet said:
Venture said:
The value of them is dropping like crazy in game, it is destroying the trust in the product.

You guys said January for payments and the value rose, and then you now say it won't come till much later, that shocked the value of them...

What is stopping payouts from occurring as development goes? It would not affect development in any way? It sounds like a cop out to me. This is extremely distressing.

Venture,

Because we thought we would have enough players during Dec-Jan that's why we went out with that statement. We didn't do this on purpose. We had to delay it in the last minute. We need more players in ComPet before we can start rolling out the payouts. It is still accumulating from the day we announced it though. We haven't stopped it.

We are trying our best on our end. We haven't abandon you guys. I apologize in my behalf. There is nothing I can do at this moment than to work on the product.

I inquired on forums

So funny, people actually expecting a payout :lolup::eyecrazy:

lol I banked on AUD because ark team cares about developing their investment.

I would NEVER bank on MA because I am a space player... and space players know how little MA gives a damn about developing an already existent product that is making them money.

Till proven wrong by them, which I do hope happens. I am dead set that MA are just coming out with "new release" hype idea's. Like Auction delivery(still no missions, how much ped MA make so far on that?), equus, ethereal armor, mission galactica(not a space mission), and new firebirds even.

IF gambling were allowed in this game, my 10 bucks would be on that compet deed holders dont see jack for at least another year.

lol I banked on AUD because ark team cares about developing their investment.

I would NEVER bank on MA because I am a space player... and space players know how little MA gives a damn about developing an already existent product that is making them money.

Till proven wrong by them, which I do hope happens. I am dead set that MA are just coming out with "new release" hype idea's. Like Auction delivery(still no missions, how much ped MA make so far on that?), equus, ethereal armor, mission galactica(not a space mission), and new firebirds even.

IF gambling were allowed in this game, my 10 bucks would be on that compet deed holders dont see jack for at least another year.

Actually AUD had a similair problem. UG wasn't popular, 1 deed only generated 1 pec every 5 days. The deed also hit all time lowest of 40 ped if I remember. That's when they removed the npc that was selling these deeds for 50 ped. After a long year and a half they all sold out and can finally begin with adding content to the underground.

Actually AUD had a similair problem. UG wasn't popular, 1 deed only generated 1 pec every 5 days. The deed also hit all time lowest of 40 ped if I remember. That's when they removed the npc that was selling these deeds for 50 ped. After a long year and a half they all sold out and can finally begin with adding content to the underground.

Thats not my point at all.

I knew arkadia development team would press their rights to develop their land area. Might take a little time like ya said for the deeds to sell, but A teams record for pursuing advancement to their storyline and planet are solid.

While... MA... how long have they been promising citizenship, space updates, new vehicles, more caly story line... Seems to me they come out with a new hot item they sell "directly to the players" that people by half speculating on whats to come.

Mean they promised missions for space, new auction/delivery system, and released equus. What happened? equus bought up, fee's being paid left and right for delivery of items... but still not a single new fking space mission has come...

Compet is trusting MA to pursue development of something they already got your cash for... and their record in these situations provides little assurance compared to AUD/Ateam.

Maybe, after they work the import/export from Compet to EU out they can move all the 'freebie crap' like sweating and finding stones and dung over there and then folks will have to play compet to collect that and just import it in the EU? Suspect a lot of sweaters might like that since they could then use android devices to sweat instead of having to log in game and then go afk, etc.

Afair it was pretty rare to see AUDS selling below 48ped in game when NPC was pulled and many smart players holding out for 50 ped (to recoup their $5 USD cost). And the week before the npc removal, that's when I simply started buying the AUD packs from webshop.

Maybe, after they work the import/export from Compet to EU out they can move all the 'freebie crap' like sweating and finding stones and dung over there and then folks will have to play compet to collect that and just import it in the EU? Suspect a lot of sweaters might like that since they could then use android devices to sweat instead of having to log in game and then go afk, etc.

Wow ^someone can't handle the competition. :lolup:
No way the f2p community will play compet if MA cuts them out of EU in the way you described. :wise:

Seriously, when MA starts freaking and cuts out the freebie stuff then I'll be 110% sure that somethings extremely wrong financially and that means its time to sell everything. :eek:

Status
Back