To armor or not to armor that is the question

I hunt naked 95% of the time.

My "armor" is Imp Rest chip / mod 2350.

I can hunt mobs with up to 2000 - 2500 health in this manner.

If I get the very rare itch to hunt something bigger, I will armor up (gremlin, ghost, adj pixie, plates, etc).

Since I don't have the skills or the gear to hunt mobs which hit for 200 - 300 each time, I will reevaluate again if I get around to that.

Just play however you find is more "fun" and within your budget. There are no rules as to the "correct" way to play.

If you could get your hands on a mod viceroy, that would be an armor to always wear when hunting :D

If you could get your hands on a mod viceroy, that would be an armor to always wear when hunting :D

that strongly depends though. for example when u hunt mobs that u could easily hunt without armor at all, then i doubt that the 1% increased crit chance makes up for the added decay of the armor. yes, armor decay is party given back in loot, but the key word is partly. also 1% increased eco / crit chance doesnt equal 1% more loot or tt return. so i hardly doubt that always wearing the mod viceroy outprofits an adj resto.

that strongly depends though. for example when u hunt mobs that u could easily hunt without armor at all, then i doubt that the 1% increased crit chance makes up for the added decay of the armor. yes, armor decay is party given back in loot, but the key word is partly. also 1% increased eco / crit chance doesnt equal 1% more loot or tt return. so i hardly doubt that always wearing the mod viceroy outprofits an adj resto.

Let's try find some examples? That FB buff is very powerful + the added evade buff, I don't know, I'd like to simulate some numbers to see if there's a case where you are better off NOT wearing mod viceroy (compared to adj pixie). What weapon setup vs. what mob? I don't own a mod viceroy yet, but I'd like to see the decay difference between the two sets...

If you hit an atrox old alpha with a tt knife and a healer, yeah, it may be bad to wear armor, not to mention to hit the AOA with a tt knife... :D

So getting back to the OP I normally hunt unarmored especially for small or puny mobs.
Recap on what others already mentioned, it's for skill gains + more eco if no/little fapping, and rings help.

When hunting unarmored there's been times when I equipped a piece or two of armor to tier them up.

Someone should mention some mobs aren't straightforward.
For example "Puny" Nimets on Cyrene. (AoE 35dmg with 550HP)
To hunt solo yesterday I used Adj.Harrier + .6B plates. (day before I briefly-tried .1C plates+healing)
Only those plates take the damage (nimets do 100% electrical).
The plates repair costs is approximately 9 ped per 250 Puny Nimets. (Cost 0 repair on Adj.Harrier)

Since Nimets do AoE they can be hunted unarmored in a team of 5 players+. (like most event mobs)

Note: Don't go afk or park vehicles near Nimets (or any AoE mobs) because vehicle will take damage too.
Tip: if Solo shooting Nimet keep walking backwards to receive far less damage then if you just stand still.

So if your hunting any kind of mob that does AoE (Area of Effect) damage, just keep in mind those factors that can help a player decide to hunt armored or unarmored in a team or solo. :)

So getting back to the OP I normally hunt unarmored especially for small or puny mobs.
Recap on what others already mentioned, it's for skill gains + more eco if no/little fapping, and rings help.

When hunting unarmored there's been times when I equipped a piece or two of armor to tier them up.

Someone should mention some mobs aren't straightforward.
For example "Puny" Nimets on Cyrene. (AoE 35dmg with 550HP)
To hunt solo yesterday I used Adj.Harrier + .6B plates. (day before I briefly-tried .1C plates+healing)
Only those plates take the damage (nimets do 100% electrical).
The plates repair costs is approximately 9 ped per 250 Puny Nimets. (Cost 0 repair on Adj.Harrier)

Since Nimets do AoE they can be hunted unarmored in a team of 5 players+. (like most event mobs)

Note: Don't go afk or park vehicles near Nimets (or any AoE mobs) because vehicle will take damage too.
Tip: if Solo shooting Nimet keep walking backwards to receive far less damage then if you just stand still.

So if your hunting any kind of mob that does AoE (Area of Effect) damage, just keep in mind those factors that can help a player decide to hunt armored or unarmored in a team or solo. :)

I had not heard of the nimet and I am just wondering why you would hunt that mob. I looked it up EP and I could not see any loot that was worth much and very few different items. Compare this mob with the Exarosaur which has a great deal of different loots and some worth having or a good MU(I once looted a 169 ped ESI chip that sold for 1600 + peds). Don't get me wrong I am not ranking you for hunting them just wondering why. Maybe they give a lot of TT fodder that makes them worth the time.

Player can hunt Puny Nimets for 2 missions
1) The Nimet Hunter - Rank 1 (gives skills)
2) Refurbished H.E.A.R.T. Rank VI (User Bound)
(Can't find a link for Fap mission, but that's a link for the final Fap in the chain.)

Only takes about 5 hours to get 250 punies. That'll moved up to next rank for that Fap mission, and at the same time finish Rank 1 plus about 33% into Rank 2 for the Nimet Hunter (kill-point) mission.

And pretty much everything on Cyrene is TT fodder ATM.
Unless very patient and wait for the right players, or willing to bring to Calypso to sell.
And can confirm these items still drop Ozpyn Tempered Sword Mk. II (L), Ozpyn BPX - P2 (L), Ozpyn LPX-P2 (L), Ozpyn LRS - P2 (L) since I got some of each yesterday but mostly looted partial TTs so those will be TT fodder. :yup:

Personally I'll probably carry on following the Fap mission chain, then return to nimets later on when I need a change of pace, plus get those skills from rank 2 nimet hunter mission.

As for the rumors that Nimet damage is no longer 100% electric.
What I've posted is about Puny and Weak Nimets and I can confirm from yesterday those maturities do no damage to Adj.Harrier armor, and the day before no damage to Valiant Armor.
Never used a fap when using 6B plates since I was getting hit for as low as 1.8 damage and rarely 8 points or more. Note: I did use a fap after I dc'd while shooting that weak nimet. :/

Do take this wrong and I mean no offense but how could you possibly know that the armor decay is turned back into the mob, unless MA told you? One other thing I read your stats on tracker and you have 40 763 in total loot from hunting in the past 6 or 7 years. How much testing could you really do?

I don't take offences but do explain to me what my cycling on tracker has to do with the OP and my comment?

However, seeing as you asked multiple questions I can delve into explain a little of this experiment. PS you also missed out the fact that it was not only myself but others involved in this experiment, so I hope that answers your tracker query.

There is a post on here regarding bond theory in regards to the loot-pool, a theory that holds some credit and validity among the veterans of EU and there is even a tool for it available somewhere.

Back to the explanation, this bond theory says that there is a minimum ped payout per mob relating to their health, we used this theory/ tool and used it on very low level mobs where the minimal payout would least fluctuate and could be easily measurable.

So having taken readings of loot values, figuring out what the minimal loots were, we then attached armour and let a new mob hit us quite a few times, for the decay to accumulate on that mob.

Once the mob had hit the armour enough times, we would check if this decay had somehow altered the minimal loot payout and we could clearly see that the decay was elevating the minimal payouts on a regular basis.

The problem with this was that even though we could see the minimal payout being altered and elevated above normal capacity, it was still difficult to ascertain how much of the decay was returned back as a result of this.

Read what you will from that and like I said I was not the only person who did this test but a few of my friends as well just to verify if one of our results were skewed in any way.

So again I ask you, what does my tracker have to do with such a test or statement???

Last edited:
I don't take offences but do explain to me what my cycling on tracker has to do with the OP and my comment?

However, seeing as you asked multiple questions I can delve into explain a little of this experiment. PS you also missed out the fact that it was not only myself but others involved in this experiment, so I hope that answers your tracker query.

There is a post on here regarding bond theory in regards to the loot-pool, a theory that holds some credit and validity among the veterans of EU and there is even a tool for it available somewhere.

Back to the explanation, this bond theory says that there is a minimum ped payout per mob relating to their health, we used this theory/ tool and used it on very low level mobs where the minimal payout would least fluctuate and could be easily measurable.

So having taken readings of loot values, figuring out what the minimal loots were, we then attached armour and let a new mob hit us quite a few times, for the decay to accumulate on that mob.

Once the mob had hit the armour enough times, we would check if this decay had somehow altered the minimal loot payout and we could clearly see that the decay was elevating the minimal payouts on a regular basis.

The problem with this was that even though we could see the minimal payout being altered and elevated above normal capacity, it was still difficult to ascertain how much of the decay was returned back as a result of this.

Read what you will from that and like I said I was not the only person who did this test but a few of my friends as well just to verify if one of our results were skewed in any way.

So again I ask you, what does my tracker have to do with such a test or statement???

I looked at tracker just now and the loot for the past week and it shows 2.7 million ped and that is just globals and does not include normal loot. How could you and your friends get a good sample with the small numbers of mobs tested ? I am taking into account your friends but I still don't think you could get enough data to be significant.

You mentioned the bond theory and a tool but you did give a link to the tool, if you have used it would you not remember where it is ? The key word is "THEORY". Everybody has a their own theory but that does not make them fact even with a significant amount of testing because on one simple thing called randomness. In several posts MA admitted that the loot is built mostly on randomness with a small amount of the player's ability (or something) so it could not be considered gambling by Swedish law. This alone stops any testing to be accurate because you can not predict randomness.

I hope you see what I am talking about and I am sure you will agree that luck is much more important than any theory. The theory may enhance your chances but in the end I don't think there can be any concrete "Laws" that dictate loot return. Either you are lucky or you are not:)

Just a friendly reminder that Entropia life's tracker isn't 100% accurate.
It records globals/etc for a planet only if there's 5 avatars logged in EU, +on the planet, +running tracker.
Log into EL website, then click Settings (top right corner) it shows how many are running ET/planet.
Always people running ET on Caly/Ark and often RT. But rare for Cyrene, and very-very rare for NI/Toulan.
So if someone spends a lot of time on Cyrene/NI/Toulan then nothings recorded unfortunately.

Another point to the tracker argument:

Testing on small mobs could easily cover a large sample without resulting in many globals. It was stated that the test was done on small (puny?) mobs where the variance in average loot is smaller. I also know from other threads that Mr. Power has spent considerable time hunting small mobs.

I guess my point is that a lack of globals does not invalidate testing. Perhaps we should ask for data instead of assuming that it's not complete.

How 'bout it, M Rufen Power, do you still have logs from these tests that you're willing to share?

Well I don't think the data is relevant, these tests were done at least 2 years ago now.

Collected data whatever the sample size may now be obsolete? How knows I'm not MA.

Link to the bond theory tool is here > http://eldslott.org/entropia/ (Tick the bond theory box).

This will allow you to see the minimum payout and maximum payout (discounting multiplier loots) based on your setup for any mob.

But I did do a quick search and found that CozMoDan is not fond of eco hunting practices?

Yes @Zorander I spend my days hunting low level mobs, because it's less competitive these days.

I always carry my pixie armor tier 10 with x10 armor enhancers to kill my daily puny berycled.

Last edited:
Well I don't think the data is relevant, these tests were done at least 2 years ago now.

Collected data whatever the sample size may now be obsolete? How knows I'm not MA.

Link to the bond theory tool is here > http://eldslott.org/entropia/ (Tick the bond theory box).

This will allow you to see the minimum payout and maximum payout (discounting multiplier loots) based on your setup for any mob.

But I did do a quick search and found that CozMoDan is not fond of eco hunting practices?

Yes @Zorander I spend my days hunting low level mobs, because it's less competitive these days.

I went to the web site and I must say it looked good, however without instructions I have no idea what to do to make it work.

Actually I am a bit eco but not to the extent that some are.

There is a theory also that the less eco (within reason) you hunt the better the loot, i.e. using enhancers will help your loot.

All we can do is to postulate theories but we will never be able to prove any of them without MA's help as to which ones are correct and what are not and we all know that will never happen.

To me the whole thing is like shooting dice. There are a million books on what to do and the odds etc. are written and known be factual because odds are odds and those do not change, (1 in 36 for rolling a 12). MA says the loot is not random because that would be gambling and illegal. So at the very least have a slight advantage over the true odds (which btw never change) based on who knows what.

My conclusion remains the same. Either your are lucky or your not.

PS this thread IMO is great !

Back