Buying Skills - The Cost?

Azer501st

Mature
Hi All,

I used to play Entropia alot but stopped after hitting a 30k find on FOMA and blowing it all on level 13's :ahh:

I am looking to start up again but hunting, my laser level is around 25 i think but i wanted to buy skills so i can hunt things solo like Aurli's, Ambulimax, Medium Atrox, Neconu and hopefully be able to team things like spiders.

How much would i be looking at to increase laser to a good enough level and dodge?

Thanks,

L40 laser Pistol will give you a big enough gun but neconu, aurli and araneatrox will require decent armour and plates and a good fap to take down. I am L53 Laser Pistol and I use liakon 5b on Aranaeatrox with regen X chip. This is enough but I still have to heal and they can crit bad. Aurli young works with Viceroy and 5b (need a bit of acid protection) Neconu are possible but they can crit very hard.

As to the cost you are looking at a considerable investment - i would need to be in EU t calculate it but it is likely to be over $2000

L40 laser Pistol will give you a big enough gun but neconu, aurli and araneatrox will require decent armour and plates and a good fap to take down. I am L53 Laser Pistol and I use liakon 5b on Aranaeatrox with regen X chip. This is enough but I still have to heal and they can crit bad. Aurli young works with Viceroy and 5b (need a bit of acid protection) Neconu are possible but they can crit very hard.

As to the cost you are looking at a considerable investment - i would need to be in EU t calculate it but it is likely to be over $2000

2k? :eyecrazy: Ok maybe ill just skill up. I was so uneco before, I used a fireforge 8800 and rented a fapper to hunt spiders (they caught my eye when i first started and realllyyy wanted to say i hunted them). I cycled about 100k ped mining I just wish i cycled that in hunting as I would have the skills to hunt what i wanted, i have level 40 prospector whats that worth in an esi?

2k? :eyecrazy: Ok maybe ill just skill up. I was so uneco before, I used a fireforge 8800 and rented a fapper to hunt spiders (they caught my eye when i first started and realllyyy wanted to say i hunted them). I cycled about 100k ped mining I just wish i cycled that in hunting as I would have the skills to hunt what i wanted, i have level 40 prospector whats that worth in an esi?

Not much. You'd profit around 1k ped after ESI costs if I had to guess.

Chipping in laser to level 40 would be around 10k PED, maybe more.

There are many budget armors with good protection such as the crafted ones (ghoul/phantom/etc) or something like gremlin along with some plates will do the trick.

Atrox/Ambu/Small neconu and small aurli should be no problem with a decent FAP.

Spiders in a team shouldn't be too bad if your team has high dps.

If you want to do some type of boost but not spend as much as 10k in skills, you should at least put some peds in evade and use L pistols (don't know what to recommend for UL at this level ) and cycle like small atrox or do iron missions that payout good pistol related skills .Take you time, aurli hunting can be like amp mining if you rush it

If you want I'm selling skills ,60 k points in combat , 9 k in defense , if you wanna go hunt big

I restarted a few years back as well, though had much less to start with. I started hunting most of these mobs level 15ish, if you have some decent DPS, some armor and a fap with some ideal speeds, all of these are doable at your level easily.

Most people think that if they don't have the skills they will lose more PED, and this is true...however,

Return is return, when lower skilled, losses are often translated in higher skill returns(especially on such mobs)....skills you would be buying.

Most people assume that it is a shortcut to buy skills, when it often is a handicap.

The money you would have locked up in skills, could also be cycled several times over on those mobs, with slightly higher loss in PED , but proportionate to slightly higher gains on skill.

By the time you cycle that amount 5 times over (by that I mean shoot x ped til its dry, sell/craft the stuff, repeat til you can no longer) the skills gained will be nearly equal and more importantly, appropriate for a natural progression. And I guarantee you will get plenty of nice loots if you keep a good pace on any of those mobs. And you get defense skills...so many benefits IMHO.

Look at supporting land owners who run events on those mobs too, makes it fun, and can help pay for some losses if you win.

This is the route I went anyhow, full armor, fap, and gung-ho skilling while shooting, mostly with uneco oldschool UL stuff. Hit 91 blp other day, so it has kept me happy in the skills department to go this way versus chipping. To chip where I am would certainly have cost far far more than any potential losses I have endured.

If I wanted to fire sale my skills at even rock bottom prices, I would be positive overall. But without considering skill value, I am in the hole but not by much, considering. Well worth the PED paid for the time played I would say.

Either way you go good luck )

I just checked on how much Viceroy armor is but there is no MU available? I see you can only buy it on Arkadia do you know the price of a set? How much is a set of 5B's now a days? It would be nice to get a rough idea of how much a set of Viceroy, 5B's, Decent Fap and Good Gun will set me back in total?

Viceroy can't be sold. You do a mission chain and receive the armour when you hand in a load of components and materials. There's an avatar called Antrace who will supply you exactly what you need for around 750 ped, so all you need to do is make the trip and deal with Antrace. :)

Gremlin armor is almost identical to viceroy stats and it's tradeable, so if you don't like the idea of account-bound armor, I would go with Gremlin + 5B instead.

Gremlin armor is almost identical to viceroy stats and it's tradeable, so if you don't like the idea of account-bound armor, I would go with Gremlin + 5B instead.

Thanks everyone. I've been doing some research on wiki and I think I'm going to go for Boar (L), maybe Bear (UL) + 5B's. I'm probably going to invest 1k in raising my weapon skills. I'm undecided on a fap but probably going to go for herb box for eco and something big in emergencies. Checking the armor vs mob stats I will be able to solo Aurli's which is my main thought at the moment.

Anyone know any mobs below level 35 that are good for dropping ESI's?

Thanks all!

Thanks everyone. I've been doing some research on wiki and I think I'm going to go for Boar (L), maybe Bear (UL) + 5B's. I'm probably going to invest 1k in raising my weapon skills. I'm undecided on a fap but probably going to go for herb box for eco and something big in emergencies. Checking the armor vs mob stats I will be able to solo Aurli's which is my main thought at the moment.

Thanks all!
Try depositing via webshop if you are going to rely on herb box... The heal tool in the starter packs is nice + on occassion the extra little bit of acceleration in the adjusted harrier can come in handy.

Yeah, but Gremlin doesn't look even half as cool as Viceroy ... is looks is your thing. :)

Does anyone know what mobs max level 35 consistently drop ESI's? I want to hunt mobs that have a good chance of dropping them as my dream is still to loot one with good TT :cool:

Does anyone know what mobs max level 35 consistently drop ESI's? I want to hunt mobs that have a good chance of dropping them as my dream is still to loot one with good TT :cool:

It's random, most likely there is a set amount of them out there, so they drop more often when people are consuming them, less often when they are being hoarded. I'm pretty sure the minimum level is around level 15, as I've seen them drop off high maturity zadul before.

Just a very rare drop.

The cost of buying skills? I've never seen anyone hof buying and inserting skills.

I've been playing 12 years and hunting semi-hardcore for the last 2-3 and I've never seen an ESI drop

So i wouldnt go killing something just to chase an ESI loot =p

Thanks all!

Boar is a great choice, love that armor :yay:

If you would like to try a limited version of it, I carry that one and others which are similar to it, in my Monria Armor Shop. Click the links in my signature below to check the current shop inventory.

Good luck o/

Legends

Back