Help: Please explain about the speed buffs - which one is which and which are stackable

Pratahn

Guardian
In the buffs icon they are divided into 3 categories: items/action/social
Q1: the max value of each one category is 25%/35%/10% which gives 70% combined but the last number on the icon is Total:50%. So are those 20% just wasted if equip/use all the categories buffs to max?
Q2: Which buffs is which? I have a ring and it is "item". Is the armor (for example the adjusted armor from the webshop) an "item" too? Any other items? I presume all the items are cumulative up to 25%. Is that so?
Q3: Which buffs are "action"? Pills? Pets? which are all the "action" buffs? And are they cumulative up to 35%?
q4: which buffs are "social"?

I'm interested in this topic too. I think it works like this:

Item
Action
Social
Total

Item: Ring, Armor, Clothing, Weapon, Pet (Maximum 25%)
Action: Pill, Acceleration Chip 1 (Maximum 35%)
Social: N/A (Maximum 10%)
Total: (Maximum 50%)

Feel free to correct or add to anything I've forgotten, and I will edit this post. :)

Last edited:
Pills and Fireworks are 'Action'. Everything else is 'Item'

'Social' does not yet exist afaik.

Acceleration Chip 1 is Action as I tested it on myself.

Edit 1 Altered my earlier post as regards Pill being an Action.
Edit 2 I tested Accel 1 on a 'Guinea Pig' (thanks Dave) and it showed as Action for him.

Looks like Social isn't implemented yet unless anyone knows different.

Last edited:

I thought social is event/wave buffs, haven't gotten one of those myself though.

Getting firework buff from others is social I'm pretty sure

I thought social is event/wave buffs, haven't gotten one of those myself though.

Getting firework buff from others is social I'm pretty sure

If anyone wants me to test an Accel 1 on them, say here, PM here or in-game.

Should still count as 'Social' I'd have thought? :scratch2:

Currently there is no social buffs I do believe however they have something to do with the housing system and will be introduced in a future update of it

Yep, armor is an 'item'

entropia_2017-02-16_05.22.48.jpg

You'll get an exclamation point if you go over the max... You wouldn't think 5% difference in speed buff would make much of a difference, but you definitely do see an increase in running speed with it. Maybe not enough to really be useful, but there is definitely a difference between 20% and 25% that you can see in how fast you move.

Funny but they still haven't figured out the bugs yet... if you switch from one ring to the other but don't click the yes in the popup that comes up the inventory will show that more than one ring is equipped on same hand even though that's just a visual bug.... It does swap the rings if you click yes or no, so I guess technically it costs you ring decay even if you tell the system "no" for the option of don't swap... don't think MA's actively working on fixing that yet... maybe they will after they read this. (don't think it's possible to glitch it to get both buffs for two rings on same finger, but with as many exploiters as there are out there I'd suspect that some have tried, and maybe even succeeded?... thinking on that, technically an avatar should have 5 fingers on each hand, so maybe in a future vu you can put up to 5 rings on each hand for a max of 10? Might give some of those L ones that people can't sell off a use?)

Last edited:

So the lowest speed ring + adjusted armor from the webshop + cheap lvl 7 bunny gives 24%, practically the max speed increase and speedwise no need for expensive rings or pills.

So the lowest speed ring + adjusted armor from the webshop + cheap lvl 7 bunny gives 24%, practically the max speed increase and speedwise no need for expensive rings or pills.

but... if you want the better buffs from other stuff you won't want to use up all the slots on cheap stuff that just do the speed and not much else.

but... if you want the better buffs from other stuff you won't want to use up all the slots on cheap stuff that just do the speed and not much else.

Besides speed and ares ring is some other ring really needed (I cannot afford such rings as X-mas etc)?

But yes - I never used pets so I don't know what buffs they can give.

Don't forget Maze Hammer (L) - it gives 10% acceleration for 5 PED of shrap.

You need to hold it in hand though, but for a miner running from one drop spot to another it's good enough.

Back