State of the Universe Address 2017

Yay! :yay:

I can't wait for the free TPs between planets! I have been waiting so long for that :cheer:

I had no idea that's what Monria is about. Horror aspect to EU sounds kinda awesome.

Why is nobody talking about this.

How did it fail to make money? :p

It's a horribly executed idea, they just picked a random horror theme and didn't really apply it other then naming a few mobs after Cthulhu creatures.

Heck, now it's Irish Cthulhu over there, its just poor planning and ownership. Makes no sense at all.

I had no idea that's what Monria is about. Horror aspect to EU sounds kinda awesome.

Why is nobody talking about this.

How did it fail to make money? :p

Because the implementation is lame?

Besides, Leprechauns? :laugh:

Too bad, the idea had potential.

Agreed! :yup:

I thought the thing mission idea on RT was kind of cool when it first came out, but in the end it was kind of lame too. Its like there are these great ideas, but somehow translating it into this world just never quite works out. Which is why a lot of us that remember the old game just want to play the old game and hear the old music and deal with all the old bugs and enjoy the old campy graphics because, that was awesome.

Since I first came to Monria over a year ago I have only had great experiences. The theme Of The moon is horror based and the excellent and continuing story line reflects this, as also do the events which pull players into the storyline. As management have said there, the leprechauns were their addition to the moon, while they respect the general theme, they didn't want to be totally bound by it either. To me the leprechauns are pretty creepy ass, I really like them. The Saint Patrick's day event is the biggest event there in the year and the leprechauns will be a great addition this year.

As for management, I'd say it's probably the best in the game, there's been a huge increase in new players joining the game through Monria because they have been advertising and working on new players joining outside Of The game. They have implemented tons of what the Monria community has asked for and continues to have a close relationship with us.

To me the main theme of Monria is fun, I'll probably get called a fanboy because well ya I'm a fan.

Agreed! :yup:

I thought the thing mission idea on RT was kind of cool when it first came out, but in the end it was kind of lame too. Its like there are these great ideas, but somehow translating it into this world just never quite works out. Which is why a lot of us that remember the old game just want to play the old game and hear the old music and deal with all the old bugs and enjoy the old campy graphics because, that was awesome.

All the planets have story lines, but then they loose focus and you just end up with mission grinding 10k of a certain mob and forget the story line. I liked the idea of Ancient Greece i was hoping they was going in direction of Westworld, but i dont think the game has those mechanics yet. The Thing is good, like the antidote for the vamp pet and prison. but once it done there not much after. It would of been great if ND could change the film every four months. With different film and new adventure, but that probably to costly.

Better to under-promise and over-deliver than the opposite.

Looking forward to what 2017 delivers to us!

Battle Simulator in 11 days..... :boxer:

And here i was thinking we would finally get some of the features for stables that were promised two years ago.
Silly old me :duh:

overall economic activity increasing by 5.3% during 2016.

What does it mean, what is overall economic activity? TT sold thought auction? TT-ed stuff? I could come up with some statistic and say it went up as well, everyone knows that mined or hunted things went down in markup a lot and that is because crafting never was as dead as these days. And this is the profession which drives all the economy, which bring me to conclusion that economy is as low as never before, despite your 5.3% (whatever it means).

What does it mean, what is overall economic activity? TT sold thought auction? TT-ed stuff? I could come up with some statistic and say it went up as well, everyone knows that mined or hunted things went down in markup a lot and that is because crafting never was as dead as these days. And this is the profession which drives all the economy, which bring me to conclusion that economy is as low as never before, despite your 5.3% (whatever it means).

How does crafting drive an economy which is dominated by unL guns, faps, armour? :laugh:

"Our immediate plans for 2017 include the recently announced Battle Simulator, a new platform-wide system geared toward short bursts of fast-paced gameplay. For more details about this exciting new addition to Entropia Universe, be sure to follow the Entropia Buzz page."

I figured out the reason for the focus on the Battle Simulator. MA has a secret. The secret is how much money they made in 2016 from lag. The lag has intensified since. It's turning into a refined science, obviously, especially after that last crash. So, now with these "short bursts of fast-paced gameplay" coupled with the lag, they are in line to pay for their 2017 christmas bonus - no need to sell the firebirds or statues at all.

I think the creative department in MA could do way better.

As you see the problem goes even deeper, I agree that there is to much UL items. However who is selling L armor (your signature ? :D)

To be fair, it's a bit of a unique case as those gloves drop only on caly phasms, and only in hofs due to their tt...

I don't think there is too many unLs though, I think crafting needs to stop competing with those unLs. I think (L) should be removed from loots, rare unLs should remain, upgrade parts like we have (GNA) should stay. Crafting should then be for (l) for those who dont have an unL yet, big pvp weapons (rockets, high single dmg item (L)) and most importantly it should be the biggest buff source (cheap pills!).

How we don't have a pharmaceuticals profession yet is beyond me!

If MA hadn't screwed up the L implementation by making it a ped grab at the top end then we wouldn't have the some of the problems we've got now.

Oh wow Compet has been released! I just came on to do a search for that and then complain how it wasn't out.
I'm very happy to see it has been put out - makes me much more hopeful of the future of MA and EU.

That being said - keep it up, keep making this game better - it still has more potential and I want to come back to playing it more.

Thanks for the update...

Also - I haven't heard from the community manager in a long time. what's he/she up to?

Thanks for the update...

Also - I haven't heard from the community manager in a long time. what's he/she up to?

Is there a 2018 SOTEUA and hope to see the 2019 one soon BUT don't call it state of the Internet Address. This new CEO is giving me very good signals for abandoning compet and that crypto thing is he/ coming for AMA?. The FEN event was OK. The crafting event was OK.

The antipirate banhammer threat was great at the Arkadia Moon, but the pirates seem a bit like pissed off hornets right now. Wish there was more policing like the Normandie did at the moon. Black deserves some accolades for that as does everyone else involved less one demographic.

I think the new CEO is having a positive effect in the game. The people that have been wronged by thieves and pirates should reassess their vitriol because the new guy is actually concerned about it I think/feel. Man i would love to name/shame these dooshes or even donate giant peds to an effective legit/sanctioned police force.

Awesome that MA is taking control of the wiki. They should also consider importing the data so its available in game. LBML, Bob the builder and top it off with the cherry they should also import Entropia Life into the game. Please bring a calculator inside too. AND PLEASE take OUT the facebook website and links from the clientloader PLEASE.

More info would be great too. Bring out the reports, talk to us if you can ignore the crybabies and COME play with us.

Last edited:
Back