GRADUATION Took years!

Gz ;) I have 35 % gone and it takes really long...you can hunt 5 Hours Punys and you get only 5 % ;)

grats !

only 2 stars for your mentor :(

Congrats Antrace; I just did mine recently also (took me 9 years).

He helped you for 8 years and you rated 2 stars?

He helped you for 8 years and you rated 2 stars?

It shows in video, that helped for 5 years, then last 3 years left her alone. Not sure what it means though, did not reply? Did not give free stuff?

Unless your mentor is complete dick or disappears, I would never rate them so low. I'm sure most of them are generaly helping and spending time with disciples - QA etc.

She is actually quite lucky she had the mentor she did. Unfortunately, many current mentors would of dumped her after much, much less time so they can keep the churn going. For the mere fact he kept her as a disciple for more than a year he deserves more than 2 stars imo. (PS - I do not do mentoring so is no bias involved with my comment)

As do I. Everyone takes some breaks from this game sometimes, and a 3 year break after 5 active years should be a nonissue. I've been known to drop disciples who show just 6 months of inactivity (zero progress)... not unless I need the space, but it happens. Your mentor appears to have been very patient.

What a shitty disciple! I can't believe it took you 8 years, and then you had the nerve to rate your mentor as 2 stars. Most likely you are a non depositor, meaning you are a non-contributor to the game. While this in itself is not a horrible thing, you are an ungrateful non-contributor. A depositor would not take 8 years to graduate, even if you only deposited maybe 20 bucks.

Like so many other shitty disciples, you most likely only play about once a week, on average, but you expect your mentor to be available 24-7 at your convenience. I have graduated dedicated non-depositors with zero ped in a month or less.

Even as a casual, you should still be able to progress faster than 8 years, but you probably didn't listen to your mentor's advice either. I hope they didn't give you free stuff.

What a shitty disciple! I can't believe it took you 8 years, and then you had the nerve to rate your mentor as 2 stars. Most likely you are a non depositor, meaning you are a non-contributor to the game. While this in itself is not a horrible thing, you are an ungrateful non-contributor. A depositor would not take 8 years to graduate, even if you only deposited maybe 20 bucks.

Like so many other shitty disciples, you most likely only play about once a week, on average, but you expect your mentor to be available 24-7 at your convenience. I have graduated dedicated non-depositors with zero ped in a month or less.

Even as a casual, you should still be able to progress faster than 8 years, but you probably didn't listen to your mentor's advice either. I hope they didn't give you free stuff.

Yes I agree. This player is going onto my shit list. Ignored and no help from my services.

One sided rating systems are unfair. Imagine a system where Disciples will also be rated by Mentors for balance.

Definitely agree a system like this is needed. I once got burned by a Disciple - Spent a huge amount of time and effort (& some Ped) had them Graduate in approx 3 weeks, only to be rated 3 Stars because they thought it was funny.:mad:

Edit: Maybe ratings could be implemented into the existing Reputation System... Make it actually mean something.

Last edited:
Another thing to consider as well, the relationship between mentor & disciple continues after graduation.

I feel I got more help & advice from my old mentor after I graduated - sometimes you just don't know what you don't know & so do not know how to frame a question.
I was quite happy with my mentors help & advice - always freely & helpfully given

Another thing to consider as well, the relationship between mentor & disciple continues after graduation.

I feel I got more help & advice from my old mentor after I graduated - sometimes you just don't know what you don't know & so do not know how to frame a question.
I was quite happy with my mentors help & advice - always freely & helpfully given
Good points.

Definitely agree a system like this is needed. I once got burned by a Disciple - Spent a huge amount of time and effort (& some Ped) had them Graduate in approx 3 weeks, only to be rated 3 Stars because they thought it was funny.:mad:

Edit: Maybe ratings could be implemented into the existing Reputation System... Make it actually mean something.
Just a note: The dialog the disciple sees at graduation time defaults to 3 stars, and if they merrily click it away, you get 3 stars. Broken.

Look, I gave the low rating, because honestly, the guy was NEVER online. For years. I took many many breaks, which id why it took me so long. But its not like my mentor was around anyhow. I checked every time I logged in, and it says he was offline +1 year. every time.

I play for a few weeks, then off for a few, sometimes months. But never let a year pass w/o even being online. He was gone for many many years. OK maybe I could have given a 3 at least. But, honestly, I dont think it even matters.

Yes, I was free to play for a long time as well, And I spend much time just socializing, traveling, exploring, sweating, etc.

I did not start doing long hunts, until recently.

Look, I gave the low rating, because honestly, the guy was NEVER online. For years. I took many many breaks, which id why it took me so long. But its not like my mentor was around anyhow. I checked every time I logged in, and it says he was offline +1 year. every time.

I play for a few weeks, then off for a few, sometimes months. But never let a year pass w/o even being online. He was gone for many many years. OK maybe I could have given a 3 at least. But, honestly, I dont think it even matters.

Yes, I was free to play for a long time as well, And I spend much time just socializing, traveling, exploring, sweating, etc.

Lol, nice to see all those poster talking shit about you without even hearing the other side of the story. Sounds like a valid rating if you'd ask me. :wise:

Well, gratz with your graduation. Now onwards to your lifetime entropia carreer! :yay:

Part of the misunderstanding came from the video which implied the mentor helped for 5 years, then somehow not there or gone for 3 years. And it's unfortunate that you stuck with a mentor who was always offline?
After so much time away and then switching to depo+long hunts, there would've been no harm in getting a new mentor imo. :dunno:
All water under the bridge now.

PS. Gratz :)

gratz for doing something in 8 years (and making a post for that) what others do in 8 days. i have instantly removed now my "good" disciples to avoid a 2 star Rating from any of them (maybe they will graduate too in 10 years or something - when i maybe died already) wtf is all to say about this!

gratz for doing something in 8 years (and making a post for that) what others do in 8 days. i have instantly removed now my "good" disciples to avoid a 2 star Rating from any of them (maybe they will graduate too in 10 years or something - when i maybe died already) wtf is all to say about this!
Just my two cents here, but I think Ana's mentor's mistake was in not teaching her to accept guidance from other mentors besides her formal one. Assuming that real life exists, it's a given that over the course of months - let alone years - we'll all take breaks from this eccentric game, some of them quite long. And as far as the mechanics of mentoring go, all a mentor actually *has* to do is get the disciple the "Disciple Hunt" achievement and make some introductions. Yes, that's an extreme of laziness, but (a) without some contacts to fall back on when your mentor is offline, you're ****ed, and (b) .... it's not as extremely lazy as 19 out of 20 disciples.

Solution: Remove the cap on disciples per mentor, it's unrealistic. 300 could work, but 20 does not. And tune the graduation rating dialogue such that it does not have a default.

Last edited:
My longest disciple was 14 months. Graduated only by sweating.

My fastest was 6 days.

If your mentor is offline for year+, change the mentor. Who knows what reasons he had, but giving him bad rating because you are on and off for 8 years is rude.

I kick all my disciples who are inactive for 90+ days unless they let me know they taking a break.

If you don't think it matters why would you give a low rating? Your explanation obly makes the situation worse. If it doesn't matter to you give 5 stars because it very much matters to the mentor.

I may to have to kick my slower disciples as well now for fear of low ratings because of the fear mongering your doing here. Your hurting the newer player base.

8 years for 2 stars?
I feel sick already.Or its because I just puked reading this?

Let's not start a witch hunt. Also, not depositing has nothing to do with contributing to the game.

Back