Augmented reality hunting / mining app

nutter

Stalker
Society
Project X-Y
Fezza Prozac Sanity
Ok, so the idea is similar to Pokemon Go, except for the hunting, entropia mobs appear instead of pokemon, and instead of catching them, you use your weapon to kill them using the swipe motion. Same rules of 'loot' apply as ingame.
Any app loots / losses are translated to your ingame self.

mining side would be same, except can drop probes and mine any finds.

Ok, for those not familiar with Pokémon Go!, so basically a mobile phone app for android and ios, which uses the camera to view one's surroundings, but superimposes views of mobs that one can use a gesture (swipe, press etc), to activate a weapon held by the avatar of the player.

The weapons and equipment the player has on the app would directly correlate with the equipment owned by the avatar in EU.

As the player walks about, seeing a map of the local area through their phone screen, locations of mobs nearby would be shown. The mobs would be of random types and maturities. If the player determines that the mob is within their ability to kill, the player could go to these locations if they chose and the mob would appear on their screen, superimposed on a background of the real world as viewed through the phone camera.
Using gestures the player would kill and loot the mob, loot going to their inventory as normal.
Mobs could appear singly, or in herds, depending on what EU wanted to achieve.

If the mob kills the player, the player is reincarnated in the same location, minus the mob (whose locations are 'dynamic', so as per EU, the expenditure used to that point on that mob is lost.

Public buildings or prominent locations in real life (RL) would be designated as repair points for weapons, armour and fap.
The player can purchase ammo at any location within the app, and can access their inventory through the app too from anywhere to equip other items which the player has in their possession within EU. So they could swap gun, armour or fap depending on the mob if they chose to from within the app.

All actions would be correlated directly into their EU account so when a player logs into their EU account, they see their loot in their inventory, the decay to their weapons and their ped card reflects any repairs or purchases done while in the app.

I feel this would add to the EU experience and would introduce the 'phone generation' to EU.

However - not sure how to add crafting.....

ALSO - this is not something I am making, nor do I have the ability to make. It is an idea for the devs to see if this is viable, and to see if other members of the forum would like to see this produced?

Last edited:
why don't you make that app yourself without any link to EU, get rich and don't bother with meaningless shit ?

why don't you make that app yourself without any link to EU, get rich and don't bother with meaningless shit ?

There are players who actually care for this game.

No doubt, he can make other app to get rich.

Due to the fact that this would be an EU associated app...

hmm... interesting idea... but potential problems from it are great...

Pokemon Go dangerous? Every crime, accident, death linked to game so far

Speaking as someone who used to work as a security officer at a very public location when Pokemon Go first came out, I got to say anything that emulates the concepts behind that game is a bad idea from a safety perspective...

Last edited:
True, but the problems are not to do with the app, they are to do with stupid people....

Sent the idea via a support case to MA. fingers crossed :)

Maybe they will award something nice if the idea is implemented :)

Would suck to stand in a crosswalk for an hour excavating a claim :D

Based on other apps they do I'll guess MA would take roughly 14 years to release some version of pokemon... er I mean Project Entropia Go?!.

PS. Could call it PEG...

Last edited:
Back