Merry Mayhem 2016 Results - Solo Category

Big gratz to everyone :D Was a long wait for the results :yay:

Here's a list scraped from EntropiaLife of all the loots of rare stars, by each player.

Issues with this data:

1. It is only a count of the 5k, 1k & 500 point stars looted. It does not include any other points.

2. It is not a normalised list - some players could have played 5 hours, some 80. Without knowing how long each player played, it's difficult to make a correct judgement.

3. Points could have been missed, and it does not include +25% score boosts.

I think Joan Experia Darc would fall into the category of played >40 hours, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Do with it what you will :)

Ha, wait what? I'm in top 30? too funny, as I'm not even anywhere close to the winners in total :D

Gratz to the winners! Nice to see star take the first place again :)

Gratz To winners :)

Gratz to all those who've won! :wtg:

My condolances to all the rest! :lolup:

Gratz

Good Job Winners and better luck next time for everyone else. The results is no surprise and this will make me think really hard about competing again in this type of event. I really like to see the old system with profession caps back. I believe players should be competing against same level players. These results will only make more players think twice before competing.

Good Job Winners and better luck next time for everyone else. The results is no surprise and this will make me think really hard about competing again in this type of event. I really like to see the old system with profession caps back. I believe players should be competing against same level players. These results will only make more players think twice before competing.

Very much agree.

Assuming they keep this format, I'm curious about the normalized score strategy.

I would be interested to see the number of hours played for those that placed in the money and the dps. I thought I had a decent score so I quit at 40 hours, but based on the incredible number of points of those above me, it appears that not only did they have incredibly more dps to create more loot events providing more points, but I can only guess that they went for a much longer period of time. Meaning the number of points gained by going longer than 40 hours more than made up for the normalization. If so, then strategy next time is to continue to increase dps as much as possible and just shoot from beginning to end of event and ignore the 40 hours and hope for high loot for bonus to put you over the top.

Its definitely a challenge for me to want to try and continue to compete. This is my second year of trying. I did as much as my budget would allow to gear up to compete and do better than I did last year, but based on these results I am very far short of the ability to do so. I still want to compete, but I know its more a matter of getting randomly very lucky at this point to even show and obviously that didn't happen. I got a good hof and sold stars from ffa but it didn't come close to covering expenses.

I had my T8 HL18 SGA + oc204 + mk1 scope + 8 dmg enh + Imp ares and x or a pills depending on what I had available, not sure what total/average dps was as I don't have a tracker. Besides upgrading my amp ( which I have done with an hc204 now) and rings (which rings do I need?) I am not sure what I need to do to be in a better position next year.

I don't have my ending 40 hour score handy but will see if I still have the screen shot.

Last edited:
I would be interested to see the number of hours played for those that placed in the money and the dps. I thought I had a decent score so I quit at 40 hours, but based on the incredible number of points of those above me, it appears that not only did they have incredibly more dps to create more loot events providing more points, but I can only guess that they went for a much longer period of time. Meaning the number of points gained by going longer than 40 hours more than made up for the normalization. If so, then strategy next time is to continue to increase dps as much as possible and just shoot from beginning to end of event and ignore the 40 hours and hope for high loot for bonus to put you over the top.

This was true for me. I did 139 hours, after 40 I had 2/3 of my final points average per hour. I do have a written log of how many killed per hour and what starts dropped in each hour. I'll post some of my stats when I get home. so I had average of 250 kills per hour on kerb (which I did for the first 125 hours) and 140 on spiders for the last 14 hours, all in solo 2. I used ep-54 and a102 for all of this. I also had pills and candy cane and ares 8% ring. I think that I was way unlucky for starts as I only got 1 1k star, 5 500 star, and 8 250 star. tbh I don't feel these kills per hour are slow, but maybe I'm not living in the real world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
Assuming they keep this format, I'm curious about the normalized score strategy.

Its definitely a challenge for me to want to try and continue to compete. This is my second year of trying. I did as much as my budget would allow to gear up to compete and do better than I did last year, but based on these results I am very far short of the ability to do so. I still want to compete, but I know its more a matter of getting randomly very lucky at this point to even show and obviously that didn't happen. I got a good hof and sold stars from ffa but it didn't come close to covering expenses.

I had my T8 HL18 SGA + oc204 + mk1 scope + 8 dmg enh + Imp ares and x or a pills depending on what I had available, not sure what total/average dps was as I don't have a tracker. Besides upgrading my amp ( which I have done with an hc204 now) and rings (which rings do I need?) I am not sure what I need to do to be in a better position next year.

I don't have my ending 40 hour score handy but will see if I still have the screen shot.

4 or 5 in the top 10 was using the XTLC1000 and big hotfoot

I would be interested to see the number of hours played for those that placed in the money and the dps. I thought I had a decent score so I quit at 40 hours, but based on the incredible number of points of those above me, it appears that not only did they have incredibly more dps to create more loot events providing more points, but I can only guess that they went for a much longer period of time. Meaning the number of points gained by going longer than 40 hours more than made up for the normalization. If so, then strategy next time is to continue to increase dps as much as possible and just shoot from beginning to end of event and ignore the 40 hours and hope for high loot for bonus to put you over the top.....

I did around 43 hours with I think around 160 dps..

M83 T8 + hotfoot + imp Ares + thorifoid + pills

We can chat some ingame, I know youre hardcore and aiming high......Id gladly provide some good ideas for improvement for a positive guy like you :)

Competition was once again fierce in Planet Calypso's flagship solo hunting event, Merry Mayhem.

20120525145820.jpg

Hmmmmmm

4 or 5 in the top 10 was using the XTLC1000 and big hotfoot

and How many of that gun are in the game?

Who actually owns it?

Etc, Etc, Etc.....

:confused::confused::confused:

See my comment in the Events thread

:yup::yup:

I see some people missing from the winner list.

I hope those that got disqualified got perm banned... but I was hoping they would name them. It would go a long way with the community.

Nice list there and gratz to all. I just dont get what possible wrong they did?

I also miss the old MM system where lvls are capped. Was much more fun there. "Force the loot out" anyone?
:)

The winners list sure did surprise me :laugh: Well gz anyways!

The winners list sure did surprise me :laugh: Well gz anyways!

I know your being funny, I wasn't so surprised with the cast, but the numbers blew me away, literally and figuratively.

Gz all winners! :cheer:

They didn't post top 100?

--bullied out of this game by people with god complex--

Last edited:
gz everyone,

in my opinion this event is a waste of time for everyone else, I see no point in compete in this, those 15 top and some others ( 5-10) top players maybe have a bit of a chance to be in list.

so I will only participate again in such event when the contest is for everyone not for few, MA can give the prize among them based on items they show in first day, no need to compete, u show the weapon and gear and they can easy calculate the place and rank. simple.

and we other losers we can chip chap all day long, nothing will ever happened. simply cause they >MA/PC< will not give a fk.

don't tell me I have a chance in getting a place just using my lvl gear and all the shitty pills I can gather all the year jussst to eat them and believing I have a chance to stand against terminator or XTLC1k. it will not stand in a million years.

at beginning MA had a 4 category contest, making some of the UL low lvl guns count for something, now is just a pitty contest for a few. good job MA, really good job, is like u want to see a fight between Myke Tyson & Conor McGregor and expect from last one to win...dooh... btw what is the point in upgrading so friggin more and more weapons if we cant use them in events each for it's own category?. When this four cat MM will be back I could see a small chance, but real for others to get something, ...

f off everyone, nothing to see here, just few split the prize as we all expected. game over. move on..

cheers
tBANNA

Last edited:
People would want to be real careful asking for the 4 category MM to return, unless you also want to see the return of brother and sister winners...

People would want to be real careful asking for the 4 category MM to return, unless you also want to see the return of brother and sister winners...

But what choice is there anymore.

I spent $600 on MM plus another $150 on pills and ammo from strong boxes plus I turned all looted shrapnel back into ammo.

My set up was Caly Spirit III amped plus athenic adjusted and ares improved. My total points were around 7,000.

I didn't even get close.

What is the point of MM where all the great loots - mayhem faps etc go to the ubers and the rest of us don't even stand a chance.

If all the mid level players decide not to play MM anymore will MA actually care?

On the other hand, what would be the incentive to skill up and gear up if everybody had the same chance. The other events are very luck based, merry mayhem is the one where ubers can show off and compete. And that is healthy for the game as a whole, to have a purpose once you reach endgame.

I'm cool with that to be honest, better than seeing a freshly created avatar rocking a fully enhanced mod merc...

I didn't kill one single Solo mob in MM, I farmed FFA points and sold them. Made my small profit and moved on, that's how you treat MM if you are not the top 1% players.

Just my opinion.

But what choice is there anymore.

I spent $600 on MM plus another $150 on pills and ammo from strong boxes plus I turned all looted shrapnel back into ammo.

My set up was Caly Spirit III amped plus athenic adjusted and ares improved. My total points were around 7,000.

I didn't even get close.

What is the point of MM where all the great loots - mayhem faps etc go to the ubers and the rest of us don't even stand a chance.

If all the mid level players decide not to play MM anymore will MA actually care?

It's one event.. all players shouldn't be entitled to have a chance in all events. This is the premier event of Calypso (and really EU as a whole) and therefore should be won by the premier players who spend the most and have the best gear available.

I'd be more annoyed if there were more than 1 "randomer" involved. Expecting (or even hoping) to win with just a Caly 3 is completely unrealistic.

As long as MA continues to include other events with different "win" conditions- e.g. the current Big Bulk & loot a matrix event which is pure luck * turnover, then I don't see the problem.

MM should be a marker, almost a list, of the best players. I'm very happy to see Star, Messi, Joda, Angel, Linzey et al place well in these events because that's how it should be.

--bullied out of this game by people with god complex--

Last edited:
The bigger problem will be if the players who can't win stop doing the mission, then the ubers will find the event rewards getting worse and worse until its either cancelled or reworked.

The ubers have Champions League already, there needs to be something for the rest. Maybe wipe skills when in event area like Cyrene's Hub and only allow MM weapons to be used.

Back