Merry Mayhem 2016 Results - Solo Category

You get my post wrong.

Im not complaining about my loot.

I just made a picture because people didnt understand words.

The sum you get from the picture had 0.00% chance at mayhem.

Thats what it is all about, and why all the attacks on me happen.

Peeps want that i continue to have 0.00% chance.

But MA say i have a chance.

It is confusing u know?

are you investing $20-30k USD to be able to compete? If not then move along please.

I can't "compete" in olympic golf just because i happen to be good at it and invest a solid amount of time and money into it.

If MM was solely based on luck no one would want to participate or invest the money in gear to participate.

--bullied out of this game by people with god complex--

Last edited:
I dont know how much a chance costs because noone tells you.

But they say i get a chance notheless.

Its a good question.

how much does a chance cost?

80-100k in gun
25-50k in amp & attachments
~50k in rings
5k in arson TEN chip
85k in mod resto chip... or just use mod 2350/2600 for cheaper.
misc. in A pills, X pills, autoloot pills, etc...

that's what the winners are playing with... if you aren't will to spend that much then don't participate. go do ark gold rush instead.

you can't come on PCF bitching about needing a handicap so you can win an event that is clearly spend the most = win.

Last edited:
I know what the winners are fucking playing with.

I´m asking if I have a chance or not, it is a simple question.

Go tell me to fuck off and i´m gone.

More i dont wanna hear

no you don't have a chance unless you're willing to purchase said gear above.

Last edited:
It's one event.. all players shouldn't be entitled to have a chance in all events. This is the premier event of Calypso (and really EU as a whole) and therefore should be won by the premier players who spend the most and have the best gear available.

I'd be more annoyed if there were more than 1 "randomer" involved. Expecting (or even hoping) to win with just a Caly 3 is completely unrealistic.

You say its the premier event of calypso, well, why isnt it made for ALL players then?
I say MM is more the "for-uber-players-only-event". And not the premier event for all.

I don't consider MM to be a scam, its been a competition amongst the ubers since it was launched. I don't understand the problem with it either. There are loads of other stuff and events to compete in and have a better chance of winning something.

You can still participate in FFA with decent return though.

I fail to see the problem tbh :scratch2:

The fact that you fail to see the problem is a problem that the uber few have together with MA.
If you read the forums well you will notice that it actually IS a problem for many players.
Sure there are some other events where the peasant like us can do some playing around with. But sadly we cant compete in any way with the MAIN event which should be open for all.

Im a bit lost here :scratch2:

Do you think everybody should have a chance to win MM? Is that more fair?

:duh:

lol, read again what you wrote.
You're right, it shouldnt be fair for a mere mortal to be able to win a competition which is advertised for all players to join.

Jeezz, FFS, sure! EVERYONE who can compete should be able to win! Make categories again if that fixes this!

You freakin so called ubers, get down from your ivory towers and see the world from below for a change!

I'd say, let's just not join the MM anymore. Not spend a single ped in any MM instance.
Lets just give MM to the top 25 players and let them have their fun.

We'll call it Uber Mayhem 2018.
The nice new premier event.

pfffff

I'd say, let's just not join the MM anymore. Not spend a single ped in any MM instance.
Lets just give MM to the top 25 players and let them have their fun.

We'll call it Uber Mayhem 2018.
The nice new premier event.

pfffff

I agree - I'm not going to feed the uber loot pool anymore with MM

You say its the premier event of calypso, well, why isnt it made for ALL players then?
I say MM is more the "for-uber-players-only-event". And not the premier event for all.
I have no stake in it but I'm interested in making sure to understand it for the future. I thought the fact that they made the stars/event tokens tradable was specifically to enable players who would have no chance at reaching the top get something out of it. As a consequence, I would have expected rather the winners to complain about it being a pay-to-win affair and possibly having paid more than the reward items could sell for. Either I got this wrong, or I don't understand why folks are upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
imgres

Last edited:

It is for all players? You can do anything they can do, if you have the PED. If you don't, why should you win? Where is the incentive to skill up, buy good gear, practice a strategy, if anyone could win?

I have no stake in it but I'm interested in making sure to understand it for the future. I thought the fact that they made the stars/event tokens tradable was specifically to enable players who would have no chance at reaching the top get something out of it. As a consequence, I would have expected rather the winners to complain about it being a pay-to-win affair and possibly having paid more than the reward items could sell for. Either I got this wrong, or I don't understand why folks are upset.

Two types of complainers.

Group A - Complained at FFA mayhem that it was "pay-2-win" and the best players didn't win.

Group B - Complained at Solo mayhem that it was "pay-2-win" and only the best players won.

It's ridiculous. People have this mad idea that the game is something it isn't - Entropia is an economic platform where those with the best gear and most money will win. If you don't like this idea then don't play? There are many of us who see the economic challenge ahead and plan how to beat that.

As 5$ says; someone depositing 1000 EUR/month should have enough in one year for all the gear required to place in mayhem:

12000 EUR = 127,000 PED.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?292118-T10-xtlc-800

XTLC800 T10 = 80k BO, so lets say you get it for 75k.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-F-Full-set-unl-3parts-tier2-and-4parts-tier3

Imp Angel sold on previously for around 4k/part, so estimate at around 15-20k.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...7-Christmas-Ring-2016-and-Halloween-Ring-2016

Xmas ring for 15k

(all these were just on the first page of PCF sales with little or no negotiation)
__

Add a mod 2350 for 3-4k. Total = 75+17.5+15+3.5 =111k.

That leaves 16000 PED for ammo, enhancers and (L) amps.

And now, let the "I shouldn't have to spend that much to win brigade" join. I shouldn't have to pay £250k for a new Ferrari, it's fucking wrong isn't it? Why can't I have a chance of driving one for a £1?

It is for all players? You can do anything they can do, if you have the PED. If you don't, why should you win? Where is the incentive to skill up, buy good gear, practice a strategy, if anyone could win?

You really dont get it, do you?

MA advertises MM as THE event of the year for ALL the player base to compete.

Lets just be honest and say this is not true.
Sure we can compete, but just don't ever expect to do so to win.

I dont mind a high power uber competition, but please make it accordingly.
Lets not hang that carrot in front of your faces to makes us run stupidly into the MM instances.

If anyone could win, then everybody would play.
Now only a few can win what will result that only a few will play. Is that what we want with a MERRY mayhem event? THE event of the year? For ALL to join?

Last edited:
You really dont get it, do you?

MA advertises MM as THE event of the year for ALL the player base to compete.

Lets just be honest and say this is not true.
Sure we can compete, but just don't ever expect to do so to win.

I dont mind a high power uber competition, but please make it accordingly.
Lets not hang that carrot in front of your faces to makes us run stupidly into the MM instances.

Now only a few can win what will result that only a few will play. Is that what we want with a MERRY mayhem event? THE event of the year? For ALL to join?

No, you do not get it.

Everyone can play? Check. Anyone can right click the instance. A week old noob can kill a Kerb S1.

Anyone can win? Check. Anyone can own an XTLC, MM, BL1950.

So, your two provisos are made.

What you are really asking/wanting, is "Anyone can win, irregardless of their commitment to the game, skill level, gear level, strategy". So, essentially, you want the best event of the year, for the best players, to see who is the best in Entropia, to be a complete lottery.

Absolute madness. No competition should ever be run like a lottery. You don't see the Olympic 100m sprint final being won by the guy in jeans with a beer gut. The world cup being won by the amateur pub team smoking cigarettes and drinking pints before the match.

Yes, there is an element of "pay 2 win" because this is Entropia. Those are the rules. They were crystal clear before and during the event. Anyone honestly saying they tried 1 hour of mayhem on Kerb S1, and thought "I've got a chance of getting more points than someone doing Spider S5!!" is literally mentally disabled.

If the competition was a lottery, expect worthless prizes. Because you're right, more noobs would play, but there is no way someone using Terminator T10 would spend 3,000 ped / hour competing.

Last edited:
Man, what are you talking about.

It was a basic question.

And i can calculate odds.

I was asking if people have a chance at all.

Asnwer is no.

= 0,00% chance.

Its okay mate!!! you won.

I dont wanna take your victory anymore.

If you looted 5k point every kill, I'm sure you would win. So place the odds at 0.00001%.

But of course, you'd want 10% chance. Maybe 50% chance.

Everyone can play? Check. Anyone can right click the instance. A week old noob can kill a Kerb S1.

Maybe the devil is in the details of language. I brought this same item up only recently in another context: "Anyone" and "everyone" is a significant difference in English that often escapes those with a different mother tongue, because they have one word for both.

This movie contains some excellent lines for erudition:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ratatouille#Anton_Ego

No, you do not get it.

I dint say not anyone could play. I said, Anyone could win. Uncheck!

Wrong again. Not everyone can afford that,
Uncheck.

What you are really asking/wanting, is "Anyone can win, irregardless of their commitment to the game, skill level, gear level, strategy". So, essentially, you want the best event of the year, for the best players, to see who is the best in Entropia, to be a complete lottery.

No, BS again.
I want everyone to have a chance at winning when they enter a competition.
What you suggest is to letthe little leaguers play the super bowl. They will never win!

Hence with every sport that are levels. The top levels play against eachother and the low levels play against eachother.

That way everybody can enter AND everybody has a chance in winning.

As it is now, little leaguers have not single chance in winning anything.
the only thing they can do is fill the loot pool and shut up.

I dint say not anyone could play. I said, Anyone could win. Uncheck!

Wrong again. Not everyone can afford that,
Uncheck.

No, BS again.
I want everyone to have a chance at winning when they enter a competition.
What you suggest is to letthe little leaguers play the super bowl. They will never win!

Hence with every sport that are levels. The top levels play against eachother and the low levels play against eachother.

That way everybody can enter AND everybody has a chance in winning.

As it is now, little leaguers have not single chance in winning anything.
the only thing they can do is fill the loot pool and shut up.

Did you not play the merry snarg event? Did you not get a 1600 ped HOF? Did you not get the LLC2-MM Prize?

I and all my friends played FFA and sold stars, coming up with nice profit. We won also.

Ohhhh right, you mean you wanted to play with 1pec tickets to win the 100000ped prize... right...

.... the best event of the year, for the best players, to see who is the best in Entropia, ...

Ok, if MM is like you describe, why no advertise as such?
If advertised as such, then people wont complain, because they wont even bother to play, would they?

But no, MA advertises it as the main even for ALL players, with easy and hard mobs, thereby creating the illusion that normal folks can win as well. But we all know by now that that is complete :bs:

Last edited:
Did you not play the merry snarg event? Did you not get a 1600 ped HOF? Did you not get the LLC2-MM Prize?

I did indeed got luck on the merry snarg mission. But this was not a competition but just a grind mission.
People get lucky on grind missions everyday and has absolutely nothing to do with MM event.

I and all my friends played FFA and sold stars, coming up with nice profit. We won also.

Ohhhh right, you mean you wanted to play with 1pec tickets to win the 100000ped prize... right...

You're very good at turning words.
please point to me where I said I want to be able to win big by paying small?

I'm only saying that I want to join a competition were -on my level- I have at least a small chance of winning.
If there's no chance to win, there's no incentive to participate.

I'm happy with a low level category with low level prices. But at least where we can have a proper COMPETITION. Where people like me (and there are a lot of them) can have fun and hopes to win at least something.

And not selling cheesy stars to ubers...Blehhhh

Ohh and btw, this thread is about the solo event. You coudnt sell stars there.

Last edited:
Isn't it every year the same whining?

It was never easier to rank in MM Event than today...

You only Need to:
- be lvl55 or something
- rent the Terminator - ok. maybe a bit collateral required, but ey.. everyone can rent it.
- get / rent / buy / steal some buffs
- shoot

Than you will rank anywhere 1-15 and the other guys are still whining. And you will get fame for wasting thousands of ped when you don't rank in top 2.

Damn. Why didn't I got that great idea already in december?

Ohh and btw, this thread is about the solo event. You coudnt sell stars there.

Apparently it's not, as you're talking about a completely different event setup.

I don't know what you think you would achieve with categories. The same whine would come up when someone buys expensive T10 (L), level 25 guns and huge amps or as Diana says, rents unL gear just to force a win. This is exactly what happened in all the previous years when we had different categories, there were huge complaints, and it was changed to the current system (FFA replacing the category 1,2,3 for newer players).

I see it that you want an event for people who have the exact same budget (well, slightly less so that you can win), the exact same guns and the exact same everything. How dull.

But, I'm sure you could have fun in the Battle Simulator which is equal and even for everyone. Please do not post complaining that the 5ped prize isn't enough though.

Apparently it's not, as you're talking about a completely different event setup.

I don't know what you think you would achieve with categories. The same whine would come up when someone buys expensive T10 (L), level 25 guns and huge amps or as Diana says, rents unL gear just to force a win. This is exactly what happened in all the previous years when we had different categories, there were huge complaints, and it was changed to the current system (FFA replacing the category 1,2,3 for newer players).

I see it that you want an event for people who have the exact same budget (well, slightly less so that you can win), the exact same guns and the exact same everything. How dull.

But, I'm sure you could have fun in the Battle Simulator which is equal and even for everyone. Please do not post complaining that the 5ped prize isn't enough though.

well easy solution: let MA adjust the prices for each category, like it is in GR. a noob will be happy winning a 1k ped item or a medium hunter would be happy with a 5k-10k item. and the value is not enough for the ubers to waste their time n money on it.

well easy solution: let MA adjust the prices for each category, like it is in GR. a noob will be happy winning a 1k ped item or a medium hunter would be happy with a 5k-10k item. and the value is not enough for the ubers to waste their time n money on it.

So true. I played when we had to go into the melee and round up all our own mobs, then people started using vehicles and effectively stock piling mobs. We then had the categories and the top prizes were won mostly by alts/sisters/borrowed weapons etc, but we all had a chance to come top 10 in that category.

Now it is just a loot pool win for the ubers. The rest of us are just being treated like bottom feeders feeding the loot pool above us.

This format stinks and I for one will never enter it again. I am certain I am not alone in this.

Common Aio, again you think to know what I want, filling in your own words and again you're wrong.

Let me be very clear about what I want.

I want a competition where everybody has at least a chance of winning something. Be it big or small. But just a MERRY event for ALL players.
How exactly this is done, I dont know, I have to be honest about that.

I know I'm kicking against the system without bringing up a proper solution.
But I do know I'm not alone in this. Here, lets see where this goes:https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...2304-Are-you-happy-with-existing-Merry-Mayhem

Now you know what I want. But now I would like to know what you want.
You want an event where everybody can compete and win? Or you want an event where only ubers can compete and win?

Back