Merry Mayhem 2016 Results - Solo Category

Let me be very clear about what I want.

I want a competition where everybody has at least a chance of winning something. Be it big or small. But just a MERRY event for ALL players.
How exactly this is done, I dont know, I have to be honest about that.

I think this system could work, but as said previously the gear needs to be capped as well.

I also think that the rewards/prize should reflect the stake in the same way it does now, i.e. if you have invested like 1 mil ped in gear/ammo the prize is somewhere around 100k ped. A more luck-based competition would be a poor solution, where noobs can get prizes well above what they've invested.

I want a competition where everybody has at least a chance of winning something. Be it big or small. But just a MERRY event for ALL players.
How exactly this is done, I dont know, I have to be honest about that.

It is currently done in the way that you win stars which you can sell or decorate your home with. Everybody can win them, with as little or as much input as you want (I got 2 from a 5 minute visit). They've been cracking their heads to come up with this after previous complaints. You don't like this either. Now what?

It is currently done in the way that you win stars which you can sell or decorate your home with. Everybody can win them

:lolup:

yeah, thats just the incentive I need. Stars to decorate my home (that I dont have) with.

Lets grind mindlessly for 40 hours to get star decorations! Jay!!! :yay:

Btw, the solo stars could not be used for decorations. They were undroppable.

It is currently done in the way that you win stars which you can sell or decorate your home with. Everybody can win them, with as little or as much input as you want (I got 2 from a 5 minute visit). They've been cracking their heads to come up with this after previous complaints. You don't like this either. Now what?

that surely wasnt done by MA because they are so nice.
the stars in FFA are just a way to let more people play it thus creating more decay, but even better is that it follows the MA baseline of taking money out of EU and into MAs bank account -> stars get auctioned -> people buy then -> stars go to MA -> money value of the stars go to MA thus getting paid for the prices directly by the competition itself + a lot more + the decay. genius idea though for them. they made it as unfair as possible for the low level hunter to win so that some take a chance to buy their first price for ridiculous high prices

I participated in very first mayhem event as a support shooter and we placed in top 10. Was good fun, we had massive team, i was still noob then <80 (mind the fact i am still noob today). So i figured i dont have much chances to compete myself and gather big team so i wil jus watch and learn.

Fast forward few years and chipping out inbetween i am now back and playing once again. This time i want to participate, so i skilled hard and bought cdf600, not the best but still pretty decent gun for mayhem and i would participate in category 3 in 2015 mayhem.

A tragedy happened in my family and i had to change my plans and couldnt participate as i wished to so i simply did a bit of profitable hunting in instances and sold some stars (still a win for me).

But now we know categories are removed and we are all competing for the same prize pot. I now need to skill up more and get better gear and etc.

And this is what I love most about the game - it drives me forward. Makes me want to skill more, reach goals, achieve milestones.

So first little test for me was core event 2016, i still only had m83 t10 and thats about 100 dps not enough for the too prizes but i could practice so i wouldnt make mistakes in the event i truly participate in.

Halloween Mayhem 2016, now i have skilled enough and have loaned some gear i am finally participating. Heart is pumping, i have achieved my milestone - participate in event, full out. And i did well, placed 7th (i think) and hit a small ATH. Gosh i was so happy, but i knew the real deal, the one that i have been preparing for is in 1.5 months from HM.

So i make adjustments to my gameplay, making sure i can kill more, deal more damage and I step into Merry Mayhem for the first time and i do well, i do better than i did on HM. Less mistakes, now i am smarter.
This time i finished 8th. It was hard 47h of shooting, but i feel very good about an - event well done. So i move onto FFA where we have gathered a great team to participate with...

I am saying all above hust to explain my drive and my experience as a complete noob and up to being able to land in top 10 players. Participating in MM is the ultimate experience at least for me. Its also not easy. One can kill 90 spiders in solo5 while other will kill 100 with exact same gear. Knowledge and practice helped me a lot. I did post my spendings and overall loss somewhere so i wont go into that anymore, but also being able to shoot 3k+ ped an hour is another achievement on its own at least for me.

Now if the event would be a complete lottery like many suggest here then it would be ruined for me. Whats the point of skilling, practicing, learning and thriving for just that chance to be able to participate? I worked hard for it.
I am not saying that categories would be bad, just the opposite, i would love it, but i dont mind how it is now, because thats what i have been skilling and practicing for - ultimate EU event. That dream isnt lost on me yet and one day i may even win it!

While people think that ubers are the ones who can just put their names on little pieces of paper and then draw them from MA's hat to see where they will place i will tell you - its all so random! There is now 3 cdf1k. Two are t9 and one is t10. One t10 terminator, one t10 bl1950 and one t9 bl1800, one t10 cdf800 and 2 lower ones and half a dozen t10 mod mercs. Yes these are guns that win but there are few others that can compete like hl18sga, regular hl18 and many many L guns (!). But trouble is that once you get in the event you realise how fortunate you have to be to loot the big stars. 5k pointers are very hard to come by. I had none in my last 3 events. So its a lottery after all :p

Please think about the mayhem as an ultimate event. Skill up, practice, learn to shoot (important) and if needed rent the gun and get ur name in that top 10 list. Terminator is not that expensive to rent, i think just 20-30% of prize (dont take my word for it). And its super low level, its job done for you, the easy way, as you do not need to buy urself a weapon and then spend years in tiering it.

Have a good day and keep skilling
Soko

that surely wasnt done by MA because they are so nice.
the stars in FFA are just a way to let more people play it thus creating more decay, but even better is that it follows the MA baseline of taking money out of EU and into MAs bank account -> stars get auctioned -> people buy then -> stars go to MA -> money value of the stars go to MA thus getting paid for the prices directly by the competition itself + a lot more + the decay. genius idea though for them. they made it as unfair as possible for the low level hunter to win so that some take a chance to buy their first price for ridiculous high prices

ALL of the MU paid for stars go to players not MA. Perfect time fo the year to rake in some profit!!

... some take a chance to buy their first price for ridiculous high prices
Exactly what I wondered above. Those at the top should be the ones whining for being pitted against each other in a situation where they can't control their spending or they would lose out. The little guy who sold them must be laughing all the way to the bank (I don't know if it was enough to compensate for other losses, I heard general loot was horrible throughout).

ALL of the MU paid for stars go to players not MA. Perfect time fo the year to rake in some profit!!

not exactly. usually u have an item and the amount of money its worth for a trade. so 2 times its value basically (1 item 1 time money) but on this side only the money is left and the valuable counterpart is gone. so the total trade value is halfed.

not exactly. usually u have an item and the amount of money its worth for a trade. so 2 times its value basically (1 item 1 time money) but on this side only the money is left and the valuable counterpart is gone. so the total trade value is halfed.

Apart from the stars directly won you items. Apart from that. That key fact. Yes.

Now if the event would be a complete lottery like many suggest here then it would be ruined for me.

Nobody wants this and nobody suggested this. :wise:

All high rollers think about when they hear a complaint is that we all want to have the same chances for the same prices. That we can win a christmas ring with an opalo. Now we all know that that is a lot of BS.

Read the comments please.
Most of us just want to join and have a chance.

And we dont all have uber ped cards. Make a category for low rollers who want to play for less than 1000$ per day.

Is that to much to ask?

It wouldn't hurt you, does it?

The more the merry-er during this MERRY event, which should be for all!

--bullied out of this game by people with god complex--

Last edited:
Apart from the stars directly won you items. Apart from that. That key fact. Yes.

well that would mean that the items value equals the stars value used for it. but that doesnt seem to be the case. so much for key fact. dat dancekitten guy is trying to sell his 15 dps gun from MM for 55k peds. guess to make up for the wasted money on all the stars.

please go on like this.

You are so right about us.

We all just wanna 1pec ticket, cause we are poor.

Mate... Who you think you are?

craft.jpg

holy fuck you click EP too?

That's enough of this thread for me.

somebody give this man some charity lessons on how to play EU because right now he's going to go upside down on his mortgage and then blame WSS or something.

well that would mean that the items value equals the stars value used for it. but that doesnt seem to be the case. so much for key fact. dat dancekitten guy is trying to sell his 15 dps gun from MM for 55k peds. guess to make up for the wasted money on all the stars.

No, he didn't win it. He paid peds for it. I don't know how much but hopefully wasn't 55k.

Last edited:
please go on like this.

You are so right about us.

We all just wanna 1pec ticket, cause we are poor.

Mate... Who you think you are?

craft.jpg

I'm glad you think running exp 3 bp makes you the big shit. Now we know why you need to depo so much. Being top 5 monthly in places but you can't sustain yourself is nothing to brag about and does in fact invalidate your argument in this thread.

Last edited:
Go to entropialife see conductor I-III, springs I-II.

Realise that i´m monthly Top 5 everywhere.

Then come back and say sorry, ok.

I´m one of a handful good people, that still click other.

Maybe you can rescue some reputation.

Does someone pay him as bulldog?

Else i really want some mod to stop him. Why this Clowns?

Now everyone must see that these peeps are just here for harassment.

Per EL: Favorite Item: Explosive Projectiles
Hunting rank (monthly): 984
Mining Rank (monthly): 359
Crafting rank (monthly): 104

top 5 in what?

When you complain about losing ped, not competing, and depositing over $1000 Euro a month, people are going to point out your inefficiencies.

Crafting conductors on condition is not much more safe than crafting EP3 on condition. I'm just simply stating what others are, but a little more harshly. Your in-game activities are stupid and they're making you go broke. If you just depo'd and stopped clicking that stupid shit you might have money to compete in MM.

#RIPbankaccount

Edit: if you would like some help on sustainability and building bankroll over time you can PM me as well as many others here on PCF. But if you're not receptive to advice then don't bother.

Last edited:
Everyone can choose how they want to play this game, no need for judging other peoples gameplay.

Hell if I were rich irl I would depo like mad too and do fun stuff :D

Oh and I take any advice on how to break even playing ;-)

you did not do what i ask.

Because you are a bully.

I cant believe this is going on right now.

you asked me if you had a chance in MM and i pointed out that with your playstyle, no there isn't. but then you continued to complain and followed it up with a screenshot of you crafting EP3

Oh and I take any advice on how to break even playing ;-)

best advice to break even is to not equip anything and just walk around and chat. Success guaranteed! :yup:

Last edited:
I´m asking if I have a chance or not, it is a simple question.

i'm pretty sure this is a question. I'm going to try to be less petty now. I've been frustrated at this game before, but it always passes.

It's a game after all, it should be fun.

I dont think the last 20 pages did someone ask you anything.

But that doesnt matter at all anymore.

I just have been told what is going on here.

To all the peeps that gave me +Rep.

Im sorry mates, we can fuck off.

My Forums account can be deleted. It will never be logged in.

BB :(

Dont let a merry mayhem discussion pull you down my friend.
Sure, we all like to speak our minds and we dont always agree, but don't act so drastically over a discussion.

After all, it should be a MERRY mayhem ;)

So cheer up, craft some stuff, shoot some mobs or drop some bomps to relief the pressure :yup:

Everyone relax. We don't want anyone quitting this game because they feel bullied on the forum or elsewhere. Especially depositors.

So just relax, don't rage quit, be nice to each other and hug it out.

I am always calmly putting out fires in this game and would appreciate some help.

It is hard to always be the gentle voice of reason.

Have a good day and keep skilling

Good read from Soko! This is where I am at in my head, I am not there in skill and gear or results yet, but I am striving for it, the challenge is the fun part, masterpieces take time.

I have spent years working on this, many many hours and dollars from my meager gaming resource budget to get within reach of it. I'm getting closer to having a chance. Maybe this year. Like a horse race, Win, Place and Show, I am not expecting to Win any time soon, I just want to be on the track and have a chance to Show.

I can't tell you how satisfying it was to be able to solo the Cat 5 Yulebot this year! It was quite a challenge just being able to get into cat 5 and be able to complete it. I finally have the gear hp and skills to be in the race, I just need to get some gear upgrades and better strategy to have more loot events next time. I didn't even get Ms Congeniality this time:laugh: but I got some hofs and lots of skills and tier ticks so that is progress, I would have been happy to win something, but the progress I made is something, so I will continue driving on.

As a point of reference, I completely chipped and sold out in 2006 and came back very slowly in 2011, its taken me this long to get within reach of it again.

Last edited:
Everyone relax. We don't want anyone quitting this game because they feel bullied on the forum or elsewhere. Especially depositors.

I am always calmly putting out fires in this game and would appreciate some help.

That pot sure is good for you isn't it ;p

Whoa and that's from Taco!!! :eyecrazy:

Maybe this topic should get :locked:

Can I have my gun today as promised? It has only been 2 months...

By the time we get it, it will be worthless. They should leave our stats at 88 attacks due to the wait. I would say our Christmas rings lost value by waiting longer than the FFA people (due to ~45 being ingame).

Back