Merry Mayhem

I would like to see categories again based on HP and you pay a set fee to enter instance and have access to the 'instance' gear for that category. Weapons, armor, heal chip, buff pills etc. So you have no further ammo, heal or decay costs to incur. You keep the loot from the run and the points acquired as normal.

If you crash during the run you get the choice to restart or get that run counted as the average of your other runs. If you exit the instance before time expires you just keep the score you acquired.

I am sure MA knows what a one hour run should cost in each category and can set an appropriate price.

so we can check in with the NPC and find our category based on our current HP and get our price per instance and know a total price for the 40 hour event. I would rather see a 30 hour, maybe even a 20 hour max. Of course you could pay and run as many as you like. but I would like to see each player get a qualified score based on their first 40 hours, rather than be disqualified for additional hours.

Completely missed my point. :rolleyes:

Just buy enough skills as the ubers and gear as good as or better than theirs and viola! You'll win.

Or do you think the ubers are some sort of different human species than you are?

ahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
THERE ARE NOT UBER ITEMS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU EQUAL AT THE ACTUAL TOP 15 UBERS, THEY HAVE THEM ALL THE BEST IN GAME , AND THEY ARE WINNING ALWAYS THE BEST ITEMS , AND THEY ARE NOT SELLING THEM BEST OF THE BEST ITEMS , THEY ARE SELLING THE STUFF THAT IS UNDER THEIR ITEMS , THEY ALWAYS UPGRADE MORE AND YOU CANNOT HOLD THE STEP WITH THEM , YOU WILL ALWAYS TAKE THE ITEMS THAT THEY ARE ``THROWING`` AND PEOPLE DOESNT WANT TO PAY 300 K PED TO BE ALMOST GOOD AND AFTER THAT TO FEED THE LOOT POOL OF THE ACTUALY TOP 15 UBERS , IT`S SYMPLE TO TALK BUT TO DO ITS NOT SO SIMPLE , THE WHOLE ITS DYNAMIC STUFF ITS GONE IT BECAMED ALL FOR THE TOP 20 AND THE OTHERS ARE FEEDERS , DYNAMIC IS WHEN EVERYBODY HAS A CHANCE , NOT ONLY SOME
EVERYBODY ITS DEPOSITING AND EVERYBODY ITS LOOSING , SO IS NOT LIKE YOU THINK
TELL ME WHERE I CAN FOUND A SUPREMACY M FULL ARMOUR A ANCIENT MODIFIED MERCENARY , AND AND MODIFIED FAP SO EASILY FOR SALE , AND WHERE I DONT NEED TO PAY 2 MILIONS PED BECAUSE THEY ARE EXTREAMLY FUCKING RARE STUFF
NOW SHUT UP !

These types of "normal folks can never win" whining just makes me shake my head.

I dare anyone to find ANY competition where the more dedicated players who practice more & who get the best equipment they can buy don't have the advantage over the social competitor.

All this whining is saying is "I tried, but it wasn't good enough, so it's not a fair contest." :nana:

Well, could we have a Special Olympics style event for us regular folks then?? :yay:

Threads like this make me sad but they come every year and I should be used to them by now. I don't understand why some casual, lower skilled players think they are entitled to an "equal chance" of winning the major event of the year that someone who has invested a serious amount of time and money to reach the very top of this game has.

If that was the case then what's the point?

I'd still be running around with my opalo as there really would be no point in attempting to progress further if I could achieve the same as the highest skilled ingame.

When I was a new player I saw some of the old skool LG's and first events and was like, wow, I want to be a part of that! The first ones I just died a lot or placed so badly I wasn't even noticed but it didn't matter, it was all part of the learning curve and every time I improved. Instead of saying how unfair it is why not be inspired to be the best instead? That's what I took from it and today I'm enjoying competing with the toughest in this game.

Its now MUCH easier to compete than it was in my early days, the choice available now is beyond what I would have dreamt of. Also with all the missions, skill pills and dmg enhancers available reaching LVL100 is not the huge struggle it was in times gone by. Yes its still no walk in the park, but why should it be?

Also MA has listened, they threw in the random luck factor with different points instead of the old ones which were a straight kill count. Thanks to this I had my first placing in an event 2 years ago, I came 3rd in Easter core. With a T8 slug. Hardly uber is it?
I'm no uber and this MM I came 12th with no 5k points in my loot and no HSL and I did this with an XTLC800. I guess my point is that everyone can do the same. You might not place this year, or next, but if you don't start somewhere you never will and i'll continue to read the same people complain year after year about how its not fair.

I hope I don't get slammed too much for this as all I really want to do is try to point out the positives you can take from events. Its a competition, not everyone can or should come first.

An old quote from Leafren always comes to mind in these moments... Less QQ more pew pew!

Well, could we have a Special Olympics style event for us regular folks then?? :yay:

Thats what I was thinking - why not have a super noob event - where everyone can only shoot tt guns and wear adjusted pixie - but then again that might make too much sense and MA would have a seizure.

everyone knows (or should know) that there is a threshold in this game... especially for hunting.

You either put in the time skilling and invest in the gear required to reach that threshold, or you won't be able to compete.

Any alternative would result in MA going bankrupt.

Some players know this and play the game for fun, others see its futility and call it a scam. Regardless, if more than the very best equipped, knowledgeable, heavily invested players manage TT profits, this game goes bust and no more EU.

MA does appear to be changing the hunting environment though... or at least attempting to level the playing field without removing the imk2 from the game (which they really can't do).

ahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
THERE ARE NOT UBER ITEMS THAT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE YOU EQUAL AT THE ACTUAL TOP 15 UBERS, THEY HAVE THEM ALL THE BEST IN GAME , AND THEY ARE WINNING ALWAYS THE BEST ITEMS , AND THEY ARE NOT SELLING THEM BEST OF THE BEST ITEMS , THEY ARE SELLING THE STUFF THAT IS UNDER THEIR ITEMS , THEY ALWAYS UPGRADE MORE AND YOU CANNOT HOLD THE STEP WITH THEM , YOU WILL ALWAYS TAKE THE ITEMS THAT THEY ARE ``THROWING`` AND PEOPLE DOESNT WANT TO PAY 300 K PED TO BE ALMOST GOOD AND AFTER THAT TO FEED THE LOOT POOL OF THE ACTUALY TOP 15 UBERS , IT`S SYMPLE TO TALK BUT TO DO ITS NOT SO SIMPLE , THE WHOLE ITS DYNAMIC STUFF ITS GONE IT BECAMED ALL FOR THE TOP 20 AND THE OTHERS ARE FEEDERS , DYNAMIC IS WHEN EVERYBODY HAS A CHANCE , NOT ONLY SOME
EVERYBODY ITS DEPOSITING AND EVERYBODY ITS LOOSING , SO IS NOT LIKE YOU THINK
TELL ME WHERE I CAN FOUND A SUPREMACY M FULL ARMOUR A ANCIENT MODIFIED MERCENARY , AND AND MODIFIED FAP SO EASILY FOR SALE , AND WHERE I DONT NEED TO PAY 2 MILIONS PED BECAUSE THEY ARE EXTREAMLY FUCKING RARE STUFF
NOW SHUT UP !

Selling protips on how to turn off caps lock, 50ped.

Geez man. Simmer down.

AND WHERE I DONT NEED TO PAY 2 MILIONS PED BECAUSE THEY ARE EXTREAMLY FUCKING RARE STUFF

:eyecrazy: You're saying the rare, most effective gear is expensive because everyone wants it and demand dictates price? Say it ain't so!

And yes, those items are on the market more than you think. Just buy it, or don't bother trying to change a competition where those items give advantages.

BTW, caps lock. :laugh:

Threads like this make me sad but they come every year and I should be used to them by now. I don't understand why some casual, lower skilled players think they are entitled to an "equal chance" of winning the major event of the year that someone who has invested a serious amount of time and money to reach the very top of this game has.

If that was the case then what's the point?

I'd still be running around with my opalo as there really would be no point in attempting to progress further if I could achieve the same as the highest skilled ingame.

When I was a new player I saw some of the old skool LG's and first events and was like, wow, I want to be a part of that! The first ones I just died a lot or placed so badly I wasn't even noticed but it didn't matter, it was all part of the learning curve and every time I improved. Instead of saying how unfair it is why not be inspired to be the best instead? That's what I took from it and today I'm enjoying competing with the toughest in this game.

Its now MUCH easier to compete than it was in my early days, the choice available now is beyond what I would have dreamt of. Also with all the missions, skill pills and dmg enhancers available reaching LVL100 is not the huge struggle it was in times gone by. Yes its still no walk in the park, but why should it be?

Also MA has listened, they threw in the random luck factor with different points instead of the old ones which were a straight kill count. Thanks to this I had my first placing in an event 2 years ago, I came 3rd in Easter core. With a T8 slug. Hardly uber is it?
I'm no uber and this MM I came 12th with no 5k points in my loot and no HSL and I did this with an XTLC800. I guess my point is that everyone can do the same. You might not place this year, or next, but if you don't start somewhere you never will and i'll continue to read the same people complain year after year about how its not fair.

I hope I don't get slammed too much for this as all I really want to do is try to point out the positives you can take from events. Its a competition, not everyone can or should come first.

An old quote from Leafren always comes to mind in these moments... Less QQ more pew pew!
What about a competition with category and prizes for all category of player not all the categories for all ubers.
Where a player that has lest than 6 months cannot participate , because of alts created and competing with imk2

What about a competition with category and prizes for all category of player not all the categories for all ubers.
Where a player that has lest than 6 months cannot participate , because of alts created and competing with imk2

imk2 isn't that great for events IMO..

takes expensive amp, max reload buff, and a shit ton of ped in dmg enhancers.

There are higher dps alternatives that may be cheaper.

So here's how most new players and mid-level see MM events.

No one needed to buy any skills/gear/weapons and don't even need to hunt at all.
Just need to have big wallet and be willing to buy the most Christmas Stars (whatever MA renamed them).

But the good thing from MM was the MM snarg gun event.
I think most players would've even payed 10ped to be able to redo and get another MM gun.
And that redo mission concept is were MA could have made even money from MM event, but from new players.

imk2 isn't that great for events IMO..

takes expensive amp, max reload buff, and a shit ton of ped in dmg enhancers.

There are higher dps alternatives that may be cheaper.

You totally missed the point

Back