Starter Kits

TacoMan

I have been watching EU videos and reading about the game. So I am thinking about going the game a go. In your opinion is the $60 kit a better buy than just $60 in Ped?

Also, I will be looking for a Soc as I will be a newbe.

Thanks
TacoMan

If you're new, buying a gold or plat kit is the best bet for your money.

I still use my gold pack gear (there was no plat kit back then), in fact I used it yesterday.

Thanks Bro.

Along with reading about Soc I also read about mentors. What is the deal with this concept?

A Mentor will guide you through how to play the game without losing everything (ideally), how to have fun, reduce costs, what to hunt, etc.

It takes several months to graduate usually. When you do, you get free armor and a free vehicle, and the mentor gets a random item.

If you want a mentor, I'd be happy to help. There's also tons of people on these forums who would be willing to help out.

-Scurvy Sityl LaRoux

Nice, I am at work now and just bought the plat kit.
I am EST time and will be on later tonight.

Does that time frame work for you Scurvy or how do I found a mentor when I am in game?

Mentors are other players that will help guide you through your time in Entropia.

Besides the advice a good mentor can provide you will also get a set of armor and a vehicle upon graduating. The mentor receives a random reward as well. Most of the mentor rewards suck but the armor is pretty decent.

Shop around a bit, find yourself a good mentor. There are some really good ones and some really bad ones and a whole lot in between.

pop in the entropia universe discord we can help you out

Does that time frame work for you Scurvy or how do I found a mentor when I am in game?

I'm EST too, and will be on same time. Just send me a message in game or here on forums with your avatar name.

See you soon)

-Sityl

If you right click to bring up the menu there is a Mentoring option under either system or avatar... I forget which atm. You should be able to search registered mentors there..

Welcome in Entropia Tacoman :)

I see there is another Taco in town :bandit:

From new player to new player:
1. The starter kits under 40$ are completely useless.

2. There are only 2 things in the starter kit which are useful and the BOTH are available in the 40$ kit. Those things are Sinkadus amplifier and the Adjusted Armor set. The armor set is completely useless as an armor but as it is "adjusted" it bestows 8% speed buff, which can be useful in certain circumstances. And the Sinkadus amplifier is great for newbie guns as well for finishing weapons for slightly advanced players.

3. Due to the 2. there is absolutely no need to buy more expensive set then the 40$ set. And still I myself preferred *not* to buy any starter pack. But if I need those 8% I may consider buying it; after 1 year of playing I manage w/o it. Also - since some time you can get newbie unlimited gun for free. For much less then 40% (in PED) you can buy A101 amplifier which works better then Sinkadus with it.

Thus said - it is up to you to consider.

From new player to new player:
1. The starter kits under 40$ are completely useless.

2. There are only 2 things in the starter kit which are useful and the BOTH are available in the 40$ kit. Those things are Sinkadus amplifier and the Adjusted Armor set. The armor set is completely useless as an armor but as it is "adjusted" it bestows 8% speed buff, which can be useful in certain circumstances. And the Sinkadus amplifier is great for newbie guns as well for finishing weapons for slightly advanced players.

3. Due to the 2. there is absolutely no need to buy more expensive set then the 40$ set. And still I myself preferred *not* to buy any starter pack. But if I need those 8% I may consider buying it; after 1 year of playing I manage w/o it. Also - since some time you can get newbie unlimited gun for free. For much less then 40% (in PED) you can buy A101 amplifier which works better then Sinkadus with it.

Thus said - it is up to you to consider.

All true. The sinkadus is really really good though. Better then a101 but not on bukins rifle as you say. But you get the best value with platinum if you look at it as "how much am I paying for the amp and then how much ped am I getting per dollar for the rest of the extra cost)

Back