Suggestion: Wearable item which changes swirly colours?

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
This seems like a pretty nice and simple idea which doesn't hurt anybody, can be craftable to stimulate crafting market, doesn't need to decay or anything, just clothing slot item with 10ped tt or something and can be many colours like white, black, green, blue, purple, orange, red etc

think lots of players would find this to be fun and harmless and could make team hunting fun with rainbow of colours

there could even be rare BPs with interesting colour mixes and later even holiday themed ones like green/red for christmas or black/orange for halloween

the possibilities are endless, this idea is free money for MA and cheap fun/novelty for players of all levels :wise:

Last edited:
i like the idea.

:)

Nice idea, why not.
This wouldn´t need much time to code, so it can be done easy by MA.

Anyways there is other important things that should be done first!

Maybe a wearable Christmas tree will come next year?

Long as I get the count dicky bow... I'm happy.

I think they need to do a animation for each color (as it is now) so my guess is
that they will not do it with existing animation.
Maybe they do put some hours so they can change colors for the effects in
the animation, then it should be possible.

Reactions: das
I think this is a great idea. It's not hard to code, it doesn't affect gameplay, it helps the economy, and it makes the game a bit more visually interesting.

can't believe this still isn't in the game

people get to have some fun and you make free money, figure it out MA :wise:

Wearable item which changes swirly colours?

Well, I´d rather have wearable items that give me swirlies, regardless of colours.

Lovely idea... Hear this MA, will ya :D

Would this stimulate the crafting market ? For 2 weeks maybe till 2k products will be crafted , then who will buy them ? When everybody has one? Or when 100 crafters will do it till will be TT food ... just an oppinion.

Different colours? Well may be some folks would enjoy this. I for one do enjoy the dark yellow swirlies every now n then. No change of colour needed.

However what i'd like is some form of slow motion feature on those swirls. Over far too quickly for your eyes & mind to grasp. (Especially since my eye is trained to wander to the upper left on kill to see what loot i got. Makes ya miss most swirls)

Since time is of the essence I am not sure this would be doable with gaming mechanics but i'd ike a hof swirl to last like 5 to 10 sec?!

Last edited:
Different colours? Well may be some folks would enjoy this. I for one do enjoy the dark yellow swirlies on every now n then. No change of colour needed.

However what i'd like is some form of slow motion feature on those swirls. Over far too quickly for your eyes & mind to grasp. (Especially since my eye is trained to wander to the upper right on kill to see what loot i got. Makes ya miss most swirls)

Since time is of the essence I am not sure this would be doable with gaming mechanics but i'd ike a hof swirl to last like 5 to 10 sec?!

yes, good point!

Hunting for weeks on end. Getting less globals then I have fingers on my hand.
So once I do get them, please let them last for an hour or so!!
Then at least I have some value for my money wasted...uhh... spend :laugh:

Different colours? Well may be some folks would enjoy this. I for one do enjoy the dark yellow swirlies every now n then. No change of colour needed.

However what i'd like is some form of slow motion feature on those swirls. Over far too quickly for your eyes & mind to grasp. (Especially since my eye is trained to wander to the upper left on kill to see what loot i got. Makes ya miss most swirls)

This destroys MA's One Big Trick[SUP]TM[/SUP] in that globals are such a short, unexpected thing that people get addicted to them. The longer you make the show happen, the less people want it. Treat em mean, keep em keen etc :ahh:

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a still a good free fun + free money + free activity idea.

This idea is still a winner in every way, introduce these at some point, maybe during an event with some limited edition event themed ones as uncommon/rare loot or something, people would love it and it would add to the crafting profession and the game's economy as a whole if done right.

Still a very good idea imo, could easily be kicked off with the next set of Halloween Strongboxes or Christmas Strongboxes.

In all the things they mess around with, MA's roots or something cause them to miss this stuff.

People can't get these fireworks with the short buffs on them into the TT fast enough. But I bet there are PLENTY of players that would throw decay at this like, maybe as much as 1 ped/global or more for something that let them customize their global shots and streams.

Maybe a little less since I just remembered 5 PED globals but it could even be a percent/sliding scale up to 1 ped for a 50+.

I try to be low budget but might drop 10 PED and lock it into a box that lets me select the color and maybe some sparkles or whatever in case of global or HoF. If it's only going to decay when you hit I'm going to have that thing forever, anyways.

Straight up locked TT, slowly burned as 100% decay to the player's delight. MA continues to paddle a rowboat around a barge full of webshop cash. This idea is a good example.

EDIT: How much does an LA owner pay for a custom global message (hint, hint)?

Last edited:
And skillable or craftable size of swirles, I allready think the insane big hits should be seen across universe :)

In all the things they mess around with, MA's roots or something cause them to miss this stuff.

People can't get these fireworks with the short buffs on them into the TT fast enough. But I bet there are PLENTY of players that would throw decay at this like, maybe as much as 1 ped/global or more for something that let them customize their global shots and streams.

Maybe a little less since I just remembered 5 PED globals but it could even be a percent/sliding scale up to 1 ped for a 50+.

I try to be low budget but might drop 10 PED and lock it into a box that lets me select the color and maybe some sparkles or whatever in case of global or HoF. If it's only going to decay when you hit I'm going to have that thing forever, anyways.

Straight up locked TT, slowly burned as 100% decay to the player's delight. MA continues to paddle a rowboat around a barge full of webshop cash. This idea is a good example.

I was thinking more along the lines of an item you can just equip and it changes the colour without any decay except maybe 1pec decay when you equip it or something like that, the seasonal ones could be rare and the non-seasonal ones could just be uncommon crafted items that generate a bit of markup/stimulate activity, adding a bit of decay to their use could be seen as acceptable and doesn't take too much away from the idea, but I'm not even really sure it's ideal/necessary.

5k ped a year or 20k for 5 years (that's on top of 10k for custom LA name).

If someone would agree to pay similar for custom globals MA would implement that in a blink :)

I was thinking more along the lines of an item you can just equip and it changes the colour without any decay except maybe 1pec decay when you equip it or something like that, the seasonal ones could be rare and the non-seasonal ones could just be uncommon crafted items that generate a bit of markup/stimulate activity, adding a bit of decay to their use could be seen as acceptable and doesn't take too much away from the idea, but I'm not even really sure it's ideal/necessary.

I hear you. More craftable items are always nice and these would be good in loot or boxes.

It just also happens to be a good example of something that EU passes over that would be harmless and pretty much guaranteed to generate straight revenue for them, as well. It's in no way 'pay to win' it's a pure bit of customization that many players would happily take at a premium.

I didn't realize until later this may be a draw for LA owners too who pay significant sums to change chat messages and otherwise attract players to their lands. It wouldn't have the advertising impact, but it would add amusement and maybe help with retention for LA owners with mobs that are available elsewhere.

This idea actually seems that it might have some development cost, and impact to the code for the looting event, so I'm not sure how lightly it would be implemented, even though it seems like it should be (relatively) simple to add the player-specific animation check it also means adding assets, etcetera...

I am not necessarily hungry for cash shop items to waste potential PED on but the company needs revenue and players have shown time and time again that they will pay for this sort of thing. If this is what funds staff to fix my floors I'm 100% for that. TBF there are several places where I would rather be paying some PED as revenue to MA than to the other players they're currently directing it to.

Once the system th check for and select the various animations is in place there can be tons of fun with this. Event swirls, Holiday Swirls, LA Swirls, Promo Swirls, etc...

This could in fact accommodate tiny promo/box drops that burn off in 1-5 uses, crafted items that are configurable, maybe even (L) and UL versions. Cash shop items aren't a bad idea either, of any or all of these types.

Overall, I think players would eat this up, through any or all of several delivery channels. It may sound silly for a moment but TBH King never generated billions in revenue trying to bait people into PVP situations. And people understand this sort of spend, nobody would be trying to call it an 'investment' or a 'gamble'.

OMFG i have a wall of text again. TL;DR I love the idea. There's a ton of stuff they can do with this.

free money + activity idea here up for grabs still if anyone at MA gets bored

5k ped a year or 20k for 5 years (that's on top of 10k for custom LA name).

If someone would agree to pay similar for custom globals MA would implement that in a blink :)

Svarog!!!!!! Did you work for MA now? :laugh:

/OP touching this code? As amother swirly junky I don't recommended from what so far we experienced.

Status
Back