Underwater nuke

And than to think of all the fish that died during the blast, so useless. At times like these I hate human kind

No wonder aliens keep clear of us, we are a violent, self destructive species

I'm sure they were hunting mermaids.

Sweepers, Sweepers, man your brooms. Give the ship a clean sweep down both fore and aft! Sweep down all decks, ladders and passageways! Dump all garbage clear of the fantail! Sweepers.

And than to think of all the fish that died during the blast, so useless. At times like these I hate human kind

:wise: What she said!

Seems small whale survived if you look at 0:37

Majority of the radioactive materials absorbed from exposure to a nuclear explosion happen during the explosion.
At best this one could be said to "survive' long enough to slowly die of radiation poisoning later on. :(

Was this a nuke that was dormant at the bottom of the ocean or was raised a test

Was this a nuke that was dormant at the bottom of the ocean or was raised a test

Underwater fission bomb test. These occurred between 150 feet and 2000 feet (46 to 609 meters) underwater, and not resting on the bottom.

Agreed. :(

For the curious that historical footage is from 8 June 1958 of USA made bomb named Umbrella during Operation Hardtack I.
Placed 46 meters (150 feet) below surface and only 8 kilotons
(8kt underwater explains the small explosion + no visible shockwave)
At 8kt it's about 1/2 the power of the little boy bomb which was dropped on Hiroshima during WWII.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Hardtack_I#Umbrella

Some movie and sound i made, about atomic things. But is a bit old now, don't bear me :)

It was, however, on the bottom.

??? :scratch2:

Umbrella was 3rd smallest and 14th (out of 36) attempted nuclear detonations during Operation Hardtack I.

It was scheduled to be placed at 50 meters (160 feet) below the lagoon's water surface.
Instead it was placed 46 meters (150 feet) as a follow up to the detonation of Wahoo a couple weeks earlier.
It created a crater 3,000 feet diameter, 20 feet deep in the lagoon.

Note: so far every nuclear detonation by all countries have been so well recorded, each one is like a finger print.

Back