Shopkeeper - add another tab for buying.

NPV

Alpha
Banned
Naming Policy Violation
Hi

as an old EQ player, back from 98-99, don't really remember when I started, it was such a huge change when shopkeepers arrived. I mean the market. Sitting at EC tunnel was well, cool, but not so interesting.

Would it be possible for MA to develop current shopkeepers even more than they currently are.

Number one change I would like to have is shopeeker buy option. I'm sure it's suggested before, just didn't find posts about it.

1. Shopkeeper needs to have PEDs to buy anything.
2. You can set similar buy options as current auction system, but you will pay fees only after you successfully bought something, since shopkeepers are not auction system and generating revenue works differently.

This would open up a lot of new possibilites for players and for MA to earn revenue. There are gazillion trades made player-to-player every day and MA loses it's % from those trades. Opening up buying option for shopkeepers would be something I for example would be all over and willing to pay a small % to MA for developing that feature.

PFC/entropedia could be updated with shopkeeper information, where and what is bought. Players could, instead of spamming channels, go and sell their good to whoever they want. It would also allow players to set up more buy options than current market system, since you have to pay fees in front, I for example don't use it at all. I don't like paying for services/goods in advance if I'm not sure that service will ever be provided. Of course it works differently in real life, but I doubt anyone would be posting WTB post on PCF if it costed you 1$ every time.

Banks already work this way. I don't think MA would ever release this as it would hurt the 5 bank owners and neverdie.

Neverdie operates his 'pawn shop' bank on RT this way, buying many items for players. It's fantastic.

Banks already work this way. I don't think MA would ever release this as it would hurt the 5 bank owners and neverdie.

Neverdie operates his 'pawn shop' bank on RT this way, buying many items for players. It's fantastic.

Banks don't buy Eye Oil, Paint Cans etc. Shopkeeper buy option would be similar to orders on market, but mostly for hunting loot.

This suggestion has nothing to do with banks as it would work similar to auction buy orders, but insted you would pay your fees when order is filled - say a % from markup or TT value.

Banks don't buy Eye Oil, Paint Cans etc. Shopkeeper buy option would be similar to orders on market, but mostly for hunting loot.

This suggestion has nothing to do with banks as it would work similar to auction buy orders, but insted you would pay your fees when order is filled - say a % from markup or TT value.

Neverdie does and pays over 100% markup. Banks are capable of this but don't do it. I wish they did. Shopkeepers should have this function as its already coded just do non refundable "loans" using the current system. However MA would never do this they'd rather you buy a bank I think.
My point is this is already in the game with the bank teller pad. They just need to add the feature to shopkeepers and remove the loan deed part.
Go to neve dies spawn shop on RT you will see its already what you are suggesting. Players can message him to add an item he will buy for them. We could.in theory do this with the bank owners atm on caly but none are interested.

Neverdie does and pays over 100% markup. Banks are capable of this but don't do it. I wish they did. Shopkeepers should have this function as its already coded just do non refundable "loans" using the current system. However MA would never do this they'd rather you buy a bank I think.
My point is this is already in the game with the bank teller pad. They just need to add the feature to shopkeepers and remove the loan deed part.
Go to neve dies spawn shop on RT you will see its already what you are suggesting. Players can message him to add an item he will buy for them. We could.in theory do this with the bank owners atm on caly but none are interested.

ah ok. I thought banks are just pawn shops with items.

From the subject i was thinking your topic was about letting people buy the equipped clothings/armors off shopkeeper. :laugh:

Anyways Rusty mentioned 5 banks, but haven't 2 of them been closed for several years now??

Back