• I never enter Merry Mayhem

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • MA never listens so no point complaining

Votes: 24 23.1%

• Total voters

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
Personally I think the format stinks. It is now just for ubers; the rest of us just become loot pool fillers. What do you think?

This first stage poll is kept simple - not a poll for what the new format should be. Maybe that can be stage 2?

You know, the real problem with all the events and loot is that MA doesn't know how to implement the law of random number, they know only waves.
Be happy with what you got.

Also DPS will always matter, even if randomness is implemented, more DPS=more lottery tickets...you find a way to be fair for all players then:)

Voted NO, and not because I cant win.
If the idea is to have an event for everyone, from a pure cost perspective it is to expensive to run 40hours.

- DMG Enhancers! , Avg loss per run etc.

Edit: Its also flawed that people can take shifts using the same gear.

No, playing costs 500 to 800 euro when I participated years ago
Although I recovered all and more in prizes, the amount is ridiculous.

Atami

Love it, except not for the way you'd think... I love it because it puts a lot of loot in the lootpool, so I should rather say it sucks to go in to the instance, but to hunt, mine or craft outside of the instance when it's going on is awesome! :)

Love it, except not for the way you'd think... I love it because it puts a lot of loot in the lootpool, so I should rather say it sucks to go in to the instance, but to hunt, mine or craft outside of the instance when it's going on is awesome! :)

The devs say there is no connection between the systems.

You know, it's occurred to me, that people have forgotten how much we HATE instances. The whole idea of simulating persistence was for a reason.

My Cld's are very happy so more events please

MM should be designed more similar to gold rush. Lower category prizes, skill pills, etc.

MM should be designed more similar to gold rush. Lower category prizes, skill pills, etc.

But in this case they have to introduce a gear lock or gear cap, or rework the entire prize system. Otherwise we'll see just the same thing that happened in the old MM-system

I liked it the old way, before the instances. When it was open and you had to find the Mobs, defend you hunting ground and inlist the help of your friends.

It’s all got rather silly now.

You will need to spend a considerable about of money in the hope of qualifying for a prize which you will then be forced to sell to cover your costs.
You will need the best gear to begin with to get the DPS to trigger the stars, and will probably have to input 3 – 5K ped per hour to compete.

That means for 40 hours you need to be able to turn 120K – 200K ped.
Now let’s say you get 90% return, that means 12K – 20K costs (loss) with a turnover of 120K-200K peds.
Might be worse if loading up on enhancers, or not using the best weapons available with buffs.

There needs to be some real random loots in the MM instances, without trickery. (i.e. Not rules like; the rare items only loot if Level 150, or you have x gun).
Many people would shoot if there was a real chance of looting something decent during the event.

Personally I think it’s just got very silly and totally out of control now. The best gun and best armour and best skills, is not enough.
You need the best Mod plates with buffs, Mod armour with buffs, Mod gun with buff, Mod fap, best ring, Mod amps with buffs, tons of pills and enhancers, cloak.

Than add in a massive bankroll, luck factor, and pray your avatar is on MA’s whale radar.

I seriously look at that requirement list and say to myself….. I’m not buying into that anymore, so you go ahead and take your 20K+ loss and claim your prize.
I’ll watch from the side-lines and clap at your continued belief.

This is why I’m keen to try this new Battle simulator, I hope it will return some sensibility to the “game”.

Rick

But in this case they have to introduce a gear lock or gear cap, or rework the entire prize system. Otherwise we'll see just the same thing that happened in the old MM-system

Right, If you look at gold rush, the lower category prizes are nothing too special. They are not exactly worth chipping an alt avatar and whipping out the Tier 10 Mod Merc.

Just something fun for newbies to compete in, so they don't feel entirely excluded from the event...

Except that it is too expensive, it is also boring. Every year, since a while, it looks same. 2 sort of mobs 1 boss. same design. I more like instances like Aakas, where you have to go a way up or down or both, and meet different creatures, and bosses on the way. Maybe getting a time bonus, if you was fast. Every time you enter a new instance, the creatures get spawned at other places, to get less boring.
Also procedural generated instances could be interesting.

At least some thing less boring.

Last edited:
looks like you dont do any activities ingame, so how would you know? :)

Like 6-7 globals for a 10 year of play ? How's that even possible i made that on my first 3-4 days :D

After 2 years of doing Merry Mayhem i am whit two hands vote for No . Even 2 category up to level 70 and for more than level 70 will be enought to be a competition .

Last edited:
It’s all got rather silly now.

You will need to spend a considerable about of money in the hope of qualifying for a prize which you will then be forced to sell to cover your costs.
You will need the best gear to begin with to get the DPS to trigger the stars, and will probably have to input 3 – 5K ped per hour to compete.

That means for 40 hours you need to be able to turn 120K – 200K ped.
Now let’s say you get 90% return, that means 12K – 20K costs (loss) with a turnover of 120K-200K peds.
Might be worse if loading up on enhancers, or not using the best weapons available with buffs.

There needs to be some real random loots in the MM instances, without trickery. (i.e. Not rules like; the rare items only loot if Level 150, or you have x gun).
Many people would shoot if there was a real chance of looting something decent during the event.

Personally I think it’s just got very silly and totally out of control now. The best gun and best armour and best skills, is not enough.
You need the best Mod plates with buffs, Mod armour with buffs, Mod gun with buff, Mod fap, best ring, Mod amps with buffs, tons of pills and enhancers, cloak.

Than add in a massive bankroll, luck factor, and pray your avatar is on MA’s whale radar.

I seriously look at that requirement list and say to myself….. I’m not buying into that anymore, so you go ahead and take your 20K+ loss and claim your prize.
I’ll watch from the side-lines and clap at your continued belief.

This is why I’m keen to try this new Battle simulator, I hope it will return some sensibility to the “game”.

Rick

I need those arrows that point up! ^^^^^^ :wtg:

Who knows, future events might be based on the combat simulator ... :silly2:

So far over 81 per cent are not happy with the format of MM. That's a large disaffected base.

I wonder whether MM will listen or even whether Ludwig will comment :cool:

Well, since I started over 10 years ago, all events ever have been for UBERs with the best gear and the biggest bankroll.
So why complain now again ?

Can´t care less!
I don´t do such events as there never has been a slightly chance for me.

So far over 81 per cent are not happy with the format of MM. That's a large disaffected base.

I wonder whether MM will listen or even whether Ludwig will comment :cool:

But you have no idea why they are not happy with the current format, or whether they agree with any of the reasons why you aren't happy about it. It might only be that they have ideas for minor improvement, not a complete overhaul.

in the last years were different categories existed, we made a 10ppl team ,had fun,tried to get something going...
now with the unown star-amount for a place,only 1 category we didnt participate any longer and all ppl went in single MM but also only for fun,because of the only 1 category thing...

The action,fun elements are gone , now you have to own uber gear and skills to get it under the first 15 places...

kinda sucks..

Personally I think the format stinks. It is now just for ubers; the rest of us just become loot pool fillers. What do you think?

This first stage poll is kept simple - not a poll for what the new format should be. Maybe that can be stage 2?

Is that not the point?

I swear on the website it says something about whoever invests most in their avatar wins.

But you have no idea why they are not happy with the current format, or whether they agree with any of the reasons why you aren't happy about it. It might only be that they have ideas for minor improvement, not a complete overhaul.

OR that they just didn't win.

Every year we have an employee survey where I work. One of the questions is always about compensation. It always reads if they understand how they are compensated. It is the one quesrion that always receives the worst marks. Why you ask? Because it was found out that people read the question as .. do you like your compensation? The answer is always no, because they want more.

People weren't happy every year from previous MM format. So they changed it and added two ways players could earn peds.. by UA and then the very valuable selling of ffa stars.

When it comes to events, there are little things you can do for fairness. It's either HSL (all luck), most loot (all dps, little luck), MM old (all dps), full lottery (stupid), and MM new (70/30 dps, luck) with UA kickbacks and selling loots to people who are buying their way to the top. Smart people know that the money is in fueling people's addictions, not partaking in them. You could change the event style to be more like gold rush, but then people would bitch about how those categories are implemented. A l60 can't compete vs someone at l79 because of gun availability.. the list goes on and on.

I don't have an answer. But maybe rather than bitch and moan, how about you make a thread and build a suitable merry mayhem event format that is fair and entertaining that has elements that everyone can agree with. Formulate it in a thread and send it to mindark in a formal package. Otherwise, talking without action is a useless exercise for fools.

"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamer of dreams." - Gene Wilder in Willie Wonka

I don't like not being able to win a prize, I would like to see a prize or set of prizes for each solo category, instead of those who enter solo 1 competing against ubers in solo 4 etc. I think it should be set up so that you can only enter one solo category, maybe have a professional level cap or agility cap on the various categories. I knew i did not stand a chance to win, but i entered solo 1 category as an opportunity to level up quickly. Where else can you shoot mobs for a solid hour at a time non stop? I would pop a skill pill and candy cane and let the ardenner 20 rock and roll :) I gained several professional levels this way. Congratz to the winners!

The worst thing MA ever had implemented in a Event was the FFA category.
They made a realy nice Teamhuntevent into a Soloevent where everyone just hunt for getting at least a lil bit MU with selling points.

And ofc always "Ubers" win prizes, why not?
They had the effort of playing, skilling, depositing for like 10-13 years, bought most expensive toy's ingame which decreased into a ridicuous value ( THX MA ) and so on.....
So why they should not deserve anything for their effort?

The solution is to bring back the old Skillbased categorys, on the other hand MA would not do that, because...
MA is infallible, to proof them fallible would destroy the Universe :wise::laugh:

Back