Playing on tablet? Help with key settings!

binfordw

Prowler
I just recently saw a thread about playing on an Ipad/ phone via remote desktop ap. I've played around for a few hours with it now, but I'm curious what movement settings/ hotkeys to use to try to hunt?

Without a mouse, I've not had any luck "steering" my ava. The cursor sensitivity is crazy high, even at low settings. I'm able to use "move to target", and "select next target" hotkeys, but I was hoping for better movement control.

I know people use tablets, what settings do you use?

Double click the ground to move. Add buttons to move camera left and right.

The turn left/ right hotkeys don't work (very well) with the tap to left click, hold to right click.

Would like input from someone who uses a tablet to play!

Bluetooth Mouse?

Why not buy a cheap little Blue tooth Mouse to use with your Tablet. Never tried with my Ipad Pro, nor did I even know I could play EU on my tablet.

I may play around with it myself.

What remote app do you use to access your PC running EU?

Why not buy a cheap little Blue tooth Mouse to use with your Tablet. Never tried with my Ipad Pro, nor did I even know I could play EU on my tablet.

I may play around with it myself.

What remote app do you use to access your PC running EU?

Yea a bt mouse is my easiest fix, i already bought a keyboard, I'll wind up with a tiny laptop lol. Was hoping to make simple hunting doable without the need for peripherals.

*Edit*, a mouse might NOT be my easiest fix, looks like I cant use a Bluetooth mouse with an Ipad? Seems if I jailbreak it its possible but not sure I want to bother.

I used Splashtop per recommendations here.

Last edited:
Is't goal of using tablet to be able to use periferals free device with ability to carry it ? Ataching mouse and keyboard is not even fix. It's breaking the initial idea as every netbook capable run or stream EU this way will do it better.

Is't goal of using tablet to be able to use periferals free device with ability to carry it ? Ataching mouse and keyboard is not even fix. It's breaking the initial idea as every netbook capable run or stream EU this way will do it better.

I did a study..90% of Americans use hand held devices whether it be Ipad..phones..etc.. I asked my friends 'who uses a desktop?" I received 2 people out of 50. That's only because they wanted too and have also fancy phones. MA knows this is the new wave,many can deny it's future and way of EU..but will happen.

here is a tune for entertainment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY

Last edited:
I did a study..90% of Americans use hand held devices whether it be Ipad..phones..etc.. I asked my friends 'who uses a desktop?" I received 2 people out of 50. That's only because they wanted too and have also fancy phones. MA knows this is the new wave,many can deny it's future and way of EU..but will happen, It is up to EU people if they are going to chance that with their MS and deed holders etc.. I am just speculating but the future will happen whether we like it or not.
I know there are a lot of EU hold outs who say,"No..never happen." There will always be desktop EU players" but honestly,we will be the ones funding the formats.

It's true. Mobile gaming is future, as there are more casual players than hardcore ones. Also they are more eager to spend any money. On the other side didn;t saw any gaming championships performed on tablets or phones.

It's true. Mobile gaming is future, as there are more casual players than hardcore ones. Also they are more eager to spend any money. On the other side didn;t saw any gaming championships performed on tablets or phones.

I have to say the findings I found were happenstance. A friend posted he was having issues with his computer and I asked do you do your Facebook from phone or PC? He said phone..and everyone chimed in and said they do it from phone or Ipad. I asked"You don't have a laptop or anything?" They replied," Why would they use it if they paid $400.00 for phone?" Made sense. :eyecrazy:

You are right about any gaming championships not being done on those, Shoti. I was aiming more towards smaller apps like Compets and things along those lines.

Use Splashtop
See some of my achievement threads for screenshots of my setup
Also Splashtop now can use thier mouse for iOS

Was hoping for a little better explanation from someone lol

Do the turn left, turn right hot keys work for you?

Maybe theres a setting I'm overlooking, but I can't "hold" a hotkey down, as it turns into a right click when held, that's why the turn buttons aren't working for me right now.

Streaming(Cloud gaming) for a game like EU is a bad idea! We discussed this to end in some threat's.
There are also enought forums, where game developers discussed this theme. Not every game is good to run on cloud gaming. Compet is a game for such things, but not EU.

Buy a window tablet and you can run it easy on tablets. just my 2 cent.

Yes, the up down left right key pad works for me. There is a setting in the tool bar, last option on the right that looks like a keypad. Click this and it should pop up on your screen.

I also display the left and right hand mouse buttons for clicks. Holding down on the screen will act as a right click.

There should be a help display that is integrated into the SW that goes through each option.

If you need any more help, shoot me a PM - I can reply in detail.

Ah I got it now, thanks!

I needed to use those mouse buttons instead of pushing the hotkeys on screen. I've spent a little time now getting icons where I want them, and things positioned well on the screen. Its working really well now!

I've even been able to run through Cyclops depths, past the Pyromancer, and global a marcimex, all on my Iphone! :wtg:

This will be just the ticket for finishing these small mob Irons that I don't want to bother with when I have time for the PC. I've got things set up to kill baby Argos with a single click on my phone, cant wait to be done with that Iron finally!

I did a study..90% of Americans use hand held devices whether it be Ipad..phones..etc.. I asked my friends 'who uses a desktop?" I received 2 people out of 50. That's only because they wanted too and have also fancy phones. MA knows this is the new wave,many can deny it's future and way of EU..but will happen.

That's an important and very valid point and I don't think applies only in america. I've come across articles in past which talked about this shift from pc's to hand held devices. It's a global phenomena and smartphones/tablets continue to increase in popularity. With this continued trend eventually people will not even need a pc as they would be able to do most domestic things via handheld devices. For example I don't normally use my pc now it's mostly only used for playing this game. When this pc becomes obsolete or breaks down I don't really have any incentive to buy another pc other than play this game. That's hardly economical or desirable. What would I do when that happens is something that concerns me. I don't think I'm alone in this there are many others who either only use a hand held device or will start using only hand held in future. The popularity of pc's overall will decline certainly in domestic situations and this is going to be a problem for this game and number of players

That's an important and very valid point and I don't think applies only in america. I've come across articles in past which talked about this shift from pc's to hand held devices. It's a global phenomena and smartphones/tablets continue to increase in popularity. With this continued trend eventually people will not even need a pc as they would be able to do most domestic things via handheld devices. For example I don't normally use my pc now it's mostly only used for playing this game. When this pc becomes obsolete or breaks down I don't really have any incentive to buy another pc other than play this game. That's hardly economical or desirable. What would I do when that happens is something that concerns me. I don't think I'm alone in this there are many others who either only use a hand held device or will start using only hand held in future. The popularity of pc's overall will decline certainly in domestic situations and this is going to be a problem for this game and number of players

I use my pc for:

game developing
video editing
audio workstation for creating music
3d modelling
3d animations

Don't tell me your cheap phone could do any of this, with same quality and performans.
It have games out, only working at PC, about the grafic it using.

I know you be a cloud gaming fan, but is a dream, not working for every kind of game.
Just read some game devolper forums, not only FB.

I use my pc for:

game developing
video editing
audio workstation for creating music
3d modelling
3d animations

Don't tell me your cheap phone could do any of this,

Those are good examples of why people would still want and need a pc. Look beyond yourself though - how many people do that kind of stuff you mentioned on a pc? clearly those are not mainstream applications but niche products.

Therefore most people these days do not need a pc at home.

I thought this same thing at first- about all this off topic discussion of why PC's are even needed- in my thread about Tablet/phone playing and setting :laugh:, I have 5 Desktop pc's and 3 laptops at home. However, much like Trance, mine are majority used for "business" type work, CNC, CAD/CAM etc.

George has a point. A rather large amount of people just stumble around staring at their phones, and wouldn't know their house was on fire unless someone posted it on social media.

Back on topic however,

I've now logged quite a few hours of EU via my Iphone! I love this, and really wish I had found out about it sooner. I was able to finish stage 4 Argo's in 2 days of play via my phone :eyecrazy: There is absolutely no way I would have spent this kind of time sitting in from of my PC at home, but set up on my phone, I could have nearly done it in my sleep. With an active loot pill, one click on the screen selected the next mob, moved in range and killed. Another click, another mob.
After adjusting my resolution, Not only can I kill mobs (Even bigger ones that require item changing/healing), I can keep up and engage in soc chat and PM's, trade and browse auction, seemingly everything I can do from my PC. I believe I can even do team hunts via my phone without appearing to others to be a one handed, two fingered blunderbus. Mining I haven't tried yet, but should be a walk in the park.

This is a gamechanger for me, as far as finishing irons and skilling oddball weapons, and I thank whoever it was that had posted it and caught my eye. :wise:

Last edited:
Back