Battle Simulator: Overview

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]Battle Simulator[/h][h=4]#4 Overview[/h]Here’s an overview of the Battle Simulator prototype concept.

Format
  • A Global instance in the form of a time trial assault course. Destroy all enemies and finish as fast as you can!
  • Immediately accessible from anywhere in Entropia Universe via the Global Events List
  • 4 PED entrance fee
  • All Avatars are equal: standardized skill levels, weapons and armor are applied
  • Ammo consumption and deterioration are disabled
  • Prototype: will be released whilst undergoing development
  • Loot crate available once the course is completed
  • Additional prizes awarded to the top positions on the weekly leaderboard
  • Look out for the special message at the start of the run announcing occasional extra bonus loot for completing the instance
  • A wide array of hostile robots and turrets of varying difficulty and tactics spread throughout the Battle Simulator instance

Release
Planned release on March 7, 2017.

Audience
Participants of all skill levels, gear and experience, including newcomers.

Give your Feedback
Share your views about the Battle Simulator in the community forums.

We hope you will enjoy testing your skills against other Entropians in!the Battle Simulator!

Originally Posted Here

I commend MA for taking a gradual approach and not introducing 4000 PED BS IV with the first release.

ma made the game now alll the same for every one no need for gear every one has the same chance

I hate to say it but I might have a go ;)

Hmmm... timer and no loot til end. I think it sounds like a tt version of an instance. How much ammo do we get to finish and how much time and what's hp on the mobs

At the moment the Billy Bar instance on Rocktropia is the cheapest one in game (no entry fee/key needed and it's only 3 waves of trolls) (although it's loot sucks a bit, lol)... Depending on what sort of loot table the develop for this thing it may end up being a better option?

Guess it'll depend on how easy it is to finish and/or if it goes with traditional 90% theory...

Pic has spider bots... If it's got their same loot table?...

Last edited:
So once the lay of the land ( shooting sequences, etc) are figured out and with if all things being fully equal, the fastest time will eventually only be determined by connection speed ?

So once the lay of the land ( shooting sequences, etc) are figured out and with if all things being fully equal, the fastest time will eventually only be determined by connection speed ?

and dont forget the typical : cant change weapons due to lag, system: failed, rubber banding etc. the luckiest will win i guess and that will be the one with the least lag from MAs side.
the idea though seems okay to me. i only hope that it is not allways the exact same, like aakas instances. a bit variety in position of mobs and / or composition of mobs (with the same total health) would be nice. so you would have to try multiple times and dont make one tactic that works it and use it until the end of times...

Brilliant

[*]4 PED entrance fee
[*]All Avatars are equal: standardized skill levels, weapons and armor are applied
[*]Ammo consumption and deterioration are disabled

Confused

[*]Loot crate available once the course is completed
[*]Additional prizes awarded to the top positions on the weekly leaderboard
[*]Look out for the special message at the start of the run announcing occasional extra bonus loot for completing the instance

So if I've understood this correctly the only cost is 4 ped entrance fee, ammo is free, and no weapon or amour costs. I love it.

But I don't get what we can loot in every instance, if only paying for 4 peds?

Unless of course some instances will loot nothing.

What have I missed?

Rick

ok so no more natural skilling from this right?

Wasn't making a whole lot of sense tbh, then again I could be totally wrong and it still being there

So if I've understood this correctly the only cost is 4 ped entrance fee, ammo is free, and no weapon or amour costs. I love it.

But I don't get what we can loot in every instance, if only paying for 4 peds?

Unless of course some instances will loot nothing.

What have I missed?

Rick

You missed this "Loot crate available once the course is completed"
It probably means you will most often get 90% back and sometimes if your lucky or good ..a bit more :)

You missed this "Loot crate available once the course is completed"
It probably means you will most often get 90% back and sometimes if your lucky or good ..a bit more :)

90% back of the 4 ped (the only costs to play it)?

Well ok then :p

Rick

What have I missed?

Rick
Perhaps you have missed a possible implication behind: Look out for the special message at the start of the run announcing occasional extra bonus loot for completing the instance.

This is the first we will get any kind of sign of loot before getting it. Why?
Well, maybe MA expect some people running a poor time to give up the instance before finishing it. They will thus give up on the crate, but if they know in advance it is going to be crap anyway, that will even increase the chance that they give up a slow run early and start a new run for another 4 peds!

IF MA put unclaimed crate rewards back in the crate pool, we could actually see an average return per claimed crate of 4 peds or above even...

It will depend on how greedy MA are, of course, and how many people try and chase fast times at greater cost (i.e. often giving up with zero return), but it could be an interesting dynamic! :cool:

The issue of connection speeds and lagged weapon changing might be contentious. I wonder if the leaderboards will have national flags next to the names the same way that "the other MA game" does...

My only concern is this is yet another means for players to give their money directly to MA with no involvement of the EU economy.

<INSERT NAME> found a loot crate in Battle simulator worth 666666 PED ! A record has been added to the hall of Fame ALL TIME HIGH, CONGRATULATIONS!!

You guys are making way too many assumptions. We don't even know the kind of loot we will get from those crates, could be bound stuff (pills, neurostim, candy, etc).

Could be a way to get pills and boosters for us non-depoers (other than gold rush).

Whatever it is, I'm pretty excited ;)

My only concern is this is yet another means for players to give their money directly to MA with no involvement of the EU economy.

This.... So true... Way about time to start going towards this goal if you ask me, to raise MU's in general... Otherwise, let's go back to getting peds in the lootpool.

The game uses a 12Hz client/server instructions refreshrate, which means that instructions data between the server and client maxes out at 18KiB of data per second. I very much doubt that anyone has a broadband Connection today that should not handle that. Hence, Connection speed would be very much irrelevant.

The game uses a 12Hz client/server instructions refreshrate, which means that instructions data between the server and client maxes out at 18KiB of data per second. I very much doubt that anyone has a broadband Connection today that should not handle that. Hence, Connection speed would be very much irrelevant.

and still lots of people play with a ping of 80-150 and the others with 10-30. and thats a huge difference in competitive gameplay.

so at a 90% ROI it costs 40pec to skill; or lets just say 1ped at a 75% ROI.
Now the only thing to see is how much skills you get out of it and it might be the most successful instance in the game in a long time.

so at a 90% ROI it costs 40pec to skill; or lets just say 1ped at a 75% ROI.
Now the only thing to see is how much skills you get out of it and it might be the most successful instance in the game in a long time.

By that diminishing MA's "profit" even moar :D

[*]Additional prizes awarded to the top positions on the weekly leaderboard

So if this is more or less a weekly speedrun competition this will be just awesome. People will run it over and over to improve their method of completing as fast as possible and get the top position. If it is the time that are counted on the scoreboard. Or some points based system.

If it is what I hope it will be it will take actual skills.

Can't wait and today I honestly admit I am a MA fanboy :yay:

and still lots of people play with a ping of 80-150 and the others with 10-30. and thats a huge difference in competitive gameplay.

At 12Hz client/server instructiosn refresh rate you still have enough frames all the way up to 166,6ms latency (ping). Having 30ms latency (ping) or 160 would make no difference. Above 166ms latency you would get lower client/server refresh rate. But at that Point you should probably not be into competitive online gaming anyway.

At 12Hz client/server instructiosn refresh rate you still have enough frames all the way up to 166,6ms latency (ping). Having 30ms latency (ping) or 160 would make no difference. Above 166ms latency you would get lower client/server refresh rate. But at that Point you should probably not be into competitive online gaming anyway.

is there any reliable source on that 12 hz refresh rate? because that seems exceptionally low compared to any other competitive platform

is there any reliable source on that 12 hz refresh rate? because that seems exceptionally low compared to any other competitive platform

I have no source, no. That is what I have gathered myself from measurements and testing over the years. It's quite simple to test with either a decent router or even packet inspection software such as wire Shark. It's semi low yes, but in this game client/server refresh rate is not that critical. Most online games uses 20/40 (40 on server, 20 on client) and some big brand FPS games uses 40/60. Higher than that I have not heard of (unless LAN-servers)

I have no source, no. That is what I have gathered myself from measurements and testing over the years. It's quite simple to test with either a decent router or even packet inspection software such as wire Shark. It's semi low yes, but in this game client/server refresh rate is not that critical. Most online games uses 20/40 (40 on server, 20 on client) and some big brand FPS games uses 40/60. Higher than that I have not heard of.

afaik CS:go servers use 64 - 128 ticks (china)

afaik CS:go servers mostly use 64 - 128 ticks per second, depending on if it is used as war server.

Think they use "up to" 128 on the server as a sales hype, but maximum 64 on client. Again, unless LAN-servers. But as far as online servers, there's no real usage of anything above 64, since the majority of users can't utilize it anyway.

Think they use "up to" 128 on the server but maximum 64 on client. Again, unless LAN-servers. But as far as online servers, there's no real usage of anything above 64, since the majority of users can't utilize it anyway.

hopefully that changes soon :)

hopefully that changes soon :)

Maybe one day when all home users and companies have dedicated fibre Connection :) To utilize a real 128Hz (or tick rate as kids call it now days) server, you would need a stable MAXIMUM of 8ms latency to the server, which is not really gonna happen over internet. It Barley happens on LAN :D

Back