Battle Simulator: Overview

so at a 90% ROI it costs 40pec to skill; or lets just say 1ped at a 75% ROI.
Now the only thing to see is how much skills you get out of it and it might be the most successful instance in the game in a long time.

You won't get any skills to your ava, they apparently removed that.

They need to make it format like Spin n go . Where you can loose but win the jackpot as well :)
If not the big win ... some skills in the end is good too :beerchug: Good luck whit project MA i believe it will be good . Don't forget ComPet to please ;)

4 ped sounds pretty reasonable for early access/alpha testing
Thinking a lot of players will give it a try on March 5th

Yes MA had quietly edited the previous BS update to say:

**EDIT**
An earlier version of this article stated:

Although skill-levels are standardized within the Battle Simulator, your Avatar still gains skills via Battle Simulator activities. These skill increases are applied to your Avatar after exiting the simulator instance.

This was a miscommunication. The initial prototype release of the Battle Simulator will not reward participants with skills; however skill rewards may be considered in the future.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ulator-Format-Objectives-Release-and-Feedback

You missed this "Loot crate available once the course is completed"
It probably means you will most often get 90% back and sometimes if your lucky or good ..a bit more :)

In normal instances it's usually 75 to 80%. But for 4 ped, why stress on that. Something has to pay for the prizes at the end.

Interesting concept, bravo MA for planning to release early and get our feedback.

At first I was under the impression the simulator was free and my concern was that if people spend peds/time doing this then deed dividends will decline but this seems quite similar to the beacon runs already available so it could be a nice addition to the platform.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this works :)

edit:

shame about the no skill gain :(. I wonder why this was changed.

Skillgains were removed 'cuz we were bitchin' about it... :)

OK, so for now we got just another beacon run, with a scoreboard.
Hope it's just the 1st step and they won't stop there.

As it's single player with no need to keep info regarding position, ammo or decay it's almost definitely running as local sand box with no server resources needed other than to say when it starts, finishes or what's looted in the crate at the end so ping rate shouldn't matter as mush as it would normally.

But as it's universe wide I doubt there will be any increase to the CLD payout, it might even go down. This is a MA add on not a Calypso one.

i hope you are right :)

What do you mean hope? I hope you can learn to read the many quotes of the official post or the official post itself.
Heck the amount of people commenting in here without having read the OP is just appalling. People asking questions that are answered... people speculating on things that are clearly explained already... like what the flying fuck this is an RCE. Read every update note like it's the bible or toss your cash away.

Last edited:
What do you mean hope? I hope you can learn to read the many quotes of the official post or the official post itself.
Heck the amount of people commenting in here without having read the OP is just appalling. People asking questions that are answered... people speculating on things that are clearly explained already... like what the flying fuck this is an RCE. Read every update note like it's the bible or toss your cash away.

What if you have more money than sense? :cool:

(i am definitely not in that category)

Rgds

Ace

Okay, in that case I'm not interested one bit anymore. skills are a core part of playing just like the RCE. With those gone one might as well play a better game than waste time in this instance.

"All Avatars are equal: standardized skill levels, weapons and armor are applied"

This makes zero sense to me. Do they mean weapons and armor SUPPLIED? Does it mean bring your own? If I know MA its bring your best weapons and we'll make your avatar exactly the same as all other avatars so only your armor and weapons will give you the advantage. Also, that is one thing I have learned in the long run, skills don't actually make you better they just make you more able to use bigger weapons more economically. So, is that the purpose of the Battle Simulator to make people aware of the reasons to skill up?

I know higher health and evade dodge etc make you more able to hunt higher level mobs for bigger cost/ bigger rewards but if they even that out then whats left? And finally if the entry fee is 4 peds and the box at the end is a 4 peds reward + multiplyer or nova loot then where is the incentive for ubers to play?

Kind of reminds me of the big flaw in the compets game (that's an elephant in my room anyways) kids don't have credit cards.

Perhaps you have missed a possible implication behind: Look out for the special message at the start of the run announcing occasional extra bonus loot for completing the instance.

This is the first we will get any kind of sign of loot before getting it. Why?
Well, maybe MA expect some people running a poor time to give up the instance before finishing it. They will thus give up on the crate, but if they know in advance it is going to be crap anyway, that will even increase the chance that they give up a slow run early and start a new run for another 4 peds!

IF MA put unclaimed crate rewards back in the crate pool, we could actually see an average return per claimed crate of 4 peds or above even...

It will depend on how greedy MA are, of course, and how many people try and chase fast times at greater cost (i.e. often giving up with zero return), but it could be an interesting dynamic! :cool:

The issue of connection speeds and lagged weapon changing might be contentious. I wonder if the leaderboards will have national flags next to the names the same way that "the other MA game" does...

Clever thinking. That makes sense.

Rick

"All Avatars are equal: standardized skill levels, weapons and armor are applied"

This makes zero sense to me. Do they mean weapons and armor SUPPLIED? Does it mean bring your own? If I know MA its bring your best weapons and we'll make your avatar exactly the same as all other avatars so only your armor and weapons will give you the advantage. Also, that is one thing I have learned in the long run, skills don't actually make you better they just make you more able to use bigger weapons more economically. So, is that the purpose of the Battle Simulator to make people aware of the reasons to skill up?

I know higher health and evade dodge etc make you more able to hunt higher level mobs for bigger cost/ bigger rewards but if they even that out then whats left? And finally if the entry fee is 4 peds and the box at the end is a 4 peds reward + multiplyer or nova loot then where is the incentive for ubers to play?

Kind of reminds me of the big flaw in the compets game (that's an elephant in my room anyways) kids don't have credit cards.

The incentive is ofc the leaderboard of the week and well.....most importantly I guess fun ?? :D

I Think the reason they made this is that if you dont have time to collect a healer, grab a team or whatever and get out on a long grind you can login here for 20 minutes of good amusement. Maybe on the luunchbreak Before going back to work or whatever....

I like the idea, its not to compete with the game itself but to bring more FUN into the game.

//Linzey

While we are all still in pre-knowledge mode about BS, why not have a little forum fun on the question of what guesses we are willing to make on the winning time for the first round of competitions.
This is based on:
how much time will MA want to provide us with for at most 4 peds cost of "dungeon hire" (maximum time)?,
what is fixed and what can change per run (the course, mob numbers, mob types, mob maturities etc)?

I'm going to estimate a time of 13m:45s as the fastest anyone gets through in the first round. What do you lot think? :scratch2:

Okay, in that case I'm not interested one bit anymore. skills are a core part of playing just like the RCE. With those gone one might as well play a better game than waste time in this instance.

Because you can't have new players jumping into a much higher level situation, basically given skills and higher level gear for free, and skill at a much faster rate than they normally would. On top of that you would have alts graduating in like an hour or two.

2017 - I can't wait for MA to release BS for us to play with.
There just isn't enough BS in the loot system already. MA had to make a standalone BS.
I'm ready to apply my Overwatch skills in BS for the weekly competition. :D

this is the explosive bp for hunters great you pay your ped like to the tt machine and hunt what ever you want next the will have a 10 ped one 20 ped one 100 ped one

next way to improve the game to make money for ma whit out a big cost for players excepts peds

this is the explosive bp for hunters great you pay your ped like to the tt machine and hunt what ever you want next the will have a 10 ped one 20 ped one 100 ped one

next way to improve the game to make money for ma whit out a big cost for players excepts peds

No choice in what to hunt since BS mobs are turrets and robots which all must be destroyed, or get nothing.

Otherwise I'd agree with but only if MA had stated BS instance has special token currency obtained from loot crates, but theres No announcement like that.
So its all subjecture since we have no access to MA's BS yet, and no crystal ball to see MA's plans.
And we should not assume BS will be perfect, because with MA there's always a mistake and a catch.

A few predictions of mine on how MA might mess up the potential popularity of BS if:
a. loot crate only gives a couple thousand Nova Fragments.
b. loot crates randomly give a no loot found message.
c. levels terrain/walls/turrets/mob-spawns/etc. are static (after the novelty wears off).
d. Weekly winner gets trophy worth 0.01 ped then BS won't be popular among medium to uber hunters, again after the novelty wears off.
e. won't get 4ped worth from Loot crate only 3ped (or less) on average, and its untradeable Uni-Ammo.
But there's so many other ways for MA to easily mess up the popularity of BS.

Regardless BS could interest and retain new to low level hunters to the game and it's better for MA to try something different, then to keep doing nothing.

I would like to know...

...with the 4 ped payment straight to MA without decay or ammo usage or fapping needed? How is this PED decay calculated relative to income on Calypso? i.e. does this income go straight to MA and will not be calculated towards CLD payout ratio 50% between PP and deedholders? If so can we expect more efforts to submarine the actual economy on PP locations through 'extra-planetary' instances?

NOTE: to MA marketing and Investor Relations...I would recommend that all of these extras announcements and releases be delivered with a section on impact on CLD or AUD for that matter. i.e. how does MA plan on doing accounting of planned income that will obviously detract from one source to which many have invested or protract to it. If my paranoia is unwarranted then please explain it away. :D

Brick

:yay: :bs: :yay:

Haha couldn′t resist...

Thought you were just being an ass until I read a post above yours. Now I realize mindark is setting themselves up for a trap called it a battle simulator (BS). More troll fodder.

:)

...with the 4 ped payment straight to MA without decay or ammo usage or fapping needed? How is this PED decay calculated relative to income on Calypso? i.e. does this income go straight to MA and will not be calculated towards CLD payout ratio 50% between PP and deedholders? If so can we expect more efforts to submarine the actual economy on PP locations through 'extra-planetary' instances?

NOTE: to MA marketing and Investor Relations...I would recommend that all of these extras announcements and releases be delivered with a section on impact on CLD or AUD for that matter. i.e. how does MA plan on doing accounting of planned income that will obviously detract from one source to which many have invested or protract to it. If my paranoia is unwarranted then please explain it away. :D

Brick

It seems like the instance can be activated from anywhere.. so i doubt it will affect CLD payments or the like unless there's some compensation mechanism according to what planet an avatar is on when they activate the instance. I'm not sure how they would do it.. My guess is PPs get nothing.. therefor deeds get nothing. Which means CLD payments will go even lower ;)

It seems like the instance can be activated from anywhere.. so i doubt it will affect CLD payments or the like unless there's some compensation mechanism according to what planet an avatar is on when they activate the instance. I'm not sure how they would do it.. My guess is PPs get nothing.. therefor deeds get nothing. Which means CLD payments will go even lower ;)

i wonder when the cld will finally crash... it is so heavily overpriced right now that it could easily drop to 1500 ped per deed...

There is clearly a market for...

i wonder when the cld will finally crash... it is so heavily overpriced right now that it could easily drop to 1500 ped per deed...

...2200 per deed and then overflow market to run AUD up to a higher per deed cost per payout pec and then overflow to run up a fully speculative market on Compet deeds so I doubt CLD is going to collapse. My post was not a 'sky is falling post' as much as it was an effort to express to anyone from MA listening that CLD holders are watching as a planet partner would for efforts to undermine their commitment to CLD payouts through extra-planetary obfuscation of income which only serves to undermine CLD payout rather than enhance it. The CLD market is a HUGE source of daily and monthly investment of peds from lots of different players and disruption of that would provide a short term benefit to MA but also provide a long term detriment to the real world economy feel. MA needs to communicate candidly about how these new introductions which clearly do not fall within a planet category will tie into or out of CLD mechanics.

Brick

This is the first beta one, they may introduce sims that are only playable on certain planets - so could contribute to the PP.

Back