Question: CLD and AUDs price

Widowmaker04

Dominant
Grom Widowmaker Hellscream
Hello,
Yesterday I was wondering with a friend why after CLDs price skyrocketed (MM, bots event etc etc) now AUDs prices are going up pretty fast (from 70-75 to 80-85 in a few days) without any main event coming up in Arkadia Underground (AFAIK, as I checked their forum too). Is it due to better returns from them? Or maybe just people is scared of the new Battle Simulator and want to invest in some "safe investment" just like gold IRL before some major changes?

AUDs pay 3 pec a day constantly lately because of the nanites grinding in underground, and people as usual lose their mind seeing peds and don't realize that it won't last forever.

Seems the return on ALDs has been consistent and the cost per deed quite affordable. The CLD appears to be grossly overvalued.

Speculation and market manipulation

some AUD sold at 103 ped = market manipulation

some CompetDeed sold at 14 (or very low price) ped = market manipulation

till MA will not do anything for blocking this fake transactions, Entropia market is shit.

Cheers

Speculation and market manipulation

some AUD sold at 103 ped = market manipulation

some CompetDeed sold at 14 (or very low price) ped = market manipulation

till MA will not do anything for blocking this fake transactions, Entropia market is shit.

Cheers

As he said.

The deed maffia is on it.

CLD's are now being pushed down. Many downward spikes to get the average MU down. This will make people scared so they will start selling which will pull the price down more.
They sold most of the CLD's at high prices now trying to push it down.
While on the other side they now try to push the AUD prices up with upward spikes. People see the AUD risen and jump on that cart and further up goes the price.
When AUD get high enough the maffia will sell again and you will see the AUD dropping again.
Then make the switch back again to CLD.

The amount of deeds are relatively small which makes market manipulation very very easy.

Seems the return on ALDs has been consistent and the cost per deed quite affordable. The CLD appears to be grossly overvalued.

This ofcourse is absolute BS.

CLD returns over the past have been vastly better then AUD returns.

It's not market manipulation. AUDs could be valued at 150 PED per deed, if we use same valuation as in CLD at the moment (6.5 % ROI with current deed price). And as a side note, a few months ago Arkadia Devs promised Gold Rush event for miners and crafters, which potentially raises AUD payout.

And then again they win from all that and the top is mistakes they grab as well .
And then go try stop them when 24/7 when you try make highest order you get outbid in a minute max . 24/7! specialy on Ark deeds ;)

Another greatest trade for the win :laugh::laugh: if you know what i mean

And then again they win from all that and the top is mistakes they grab as well .
And then go try stop them when 24/7 when you try make highest order you get outbid in a minute max . 24/7! specialy on Ark deeds ;)

Another greatest trade for the win :laugh::laugh: if you know what i mean

lol, said the one auction hyena about the other. :lolup:

lol, said the one auction hyena about the other. :lolup:

Lol and that came from real life male playing female avatar biding on male vigi set ??? Wizz is not your business what i am doing whit my ped's . Though we have other topic here but yea i can take some attacks don't mind it to :)

BTW you are pathetic :)

I Have been buying and selling alot of cld's last few years. Me and 3 other resellers do that. We take alot of mistakes too. Those are the downward spikes. No manipulation in that, just stupid mistakes.
For a long time now, 1 player buys almost all cld's out of auction. Sometimes up to 100 a day. Last week he aint that active but i am shure he soon buys all cld's out of auc again.
I have sold tons of cld's to this 1 guy, for a long time now. I am shure the other resellers did the same.
and I am also shure this is main reason cld price went up and up.

And with less cld available and with high cld prices its obvious ppl invest in aud. Which causes that price of aud to rise too.
This is what i think, but ofc i dont know everything either.

I Have been buying and selling alot of cld's last few years. Me and 3 other resellers do that. We take alot of mistakes too. Those are the downward spikes. No manipulation in that, just stupid mistakes.

Sorry Infinity, but I find this very hard to believe.
Mistake you make maybe once, or twice if you're very careless.
But there are just to many downward spikes at predictable moments to speak of mistakes.

More like, Oops I did it again

For a long time now, 1 player buys almost all cld's out of auction. Sometimes up to 100 a day. Last week he aint that active but i am shure he soon buys all cld's out of auc again.
I have sold tons of cld's to this 1 guy, for a long time now. I am shure the other resellers did the same.

And with less cld available and with high cld prices its obvious ppl invest in aud. Which causes that price of aud to rise too.

And what you think about MindArk to remove deed orders and leave only for pvp trade .
What you think about of listing single aud for 764 peds buyout .
What you think if MA made auds/clds to can sell only one by one in auction ?

Hello,
Yesterday I was wondering with a friend why after CLDs price skyrocketed (MM, bots event etc etc) now AUDs prices are going up pretty fast (from 70-75 to 80-85 in a few days) without any main event coming up in Arkadia Underground (AFAIK, as I checked their forum too). Is it due to better returns from them? Or maybe just people is scared of the new Battle Simulator and want to invest in some "safe investment" just like gold IRL before some major changes?

Sorry if I caused a spike or two here and there. Sold off a bunch of auds a few months ago and repurchased some lately... mainly just paid buyout on a few even at higher cost because it'll pay off for itself in a while (that and I hate auction bidding wars). If more folks like you who don't want to see prices go up would start putting lower buyouts in auction the trend would head the other way...

Probably a silly mistake, but hey, this is a damn game, so what the hell.. it's entertainment.

(so, to answer your question, I overpaid on some stupid apartments with huge ass number of item points over here on Rocktropia (400+ item points each), then deposited to buy some more a few days back as the top floor with 600+ points each came available in the auction, got overbid since someone else was paying stupid high bids on the places so decided that instead of wasting the money on another dumb ass ring or armor upgrade buff thing money'd be smarter invested in deeds, so just bought all of em off auction with a buyout just for the hell of it...)

Over the last few years I've probably TTed more shit than most people out there when low on peds. I think 4 full sets of gremlin and full set of 5b plates have been fed to the TT in all...

Can't tell you how much I've lost in various peds over the years as I did quick sales to 'sell out' to pay off the tax man now and then... I'll probably stop depositing a while since we just had another meeting with the tax guy last night and we owe another god damned time this year...

If the money in game is sunk in to crap like deeds it's hard for me to justify cashing out again for a quick sale to delight the spouse and tax man irl...

I suspect some other folks that got overbid on the new ship on global auction are doing likewise... they already got the money in game may as well invest it since it's there. (or just put the money in to buy, felt guilty before they bid such a god damned high price for an UL ship when there's hundreds of low cost L ones out there that they could buy for the same price, and decided to invest in deeds as a result)

Money comes and money goes. In the end it's all virtual, either irl or in game. You can't take it with you when you die in real life so may as well buy and have fun. ;) :) :dunce:

Now that Mardi Gras's festive carnival is over, it's time to remember the whole ashes to ashes dust to dust thing...

Last edited:
And what you think about MindArk to remove deed orders and leave only for pvp trade .
What you think about of listing single aud for 764 peds buyout .
What you think if MA made auds/clds to can sell only one by one in auction ?

So no scams or mistakes in PVP trades. I want to play that game too. What is it?
But I like the idea of selling 1000 AUDS 1 by 1 :yay:

I suspect some other folks that got overbid on the new ship on global auction are doing likewise... they already got the money in game may as well invest it since it's there.

ummm? As far as I know (without checking...) the SB is also the BO on those, so no possibility to overbid. Also, there are 4 still listed, so that argument doesn't stand up at all...

On the CLD/AUDs, historically the CLDs have paid a much better ROI, but currently they are pretty evenly matched as the CLDs cost over double the original price and the weekly payouts have fallen steadily over time.
Plus, the AUDs are benefitting from good daily payments right now, but I accept this can fluctuate wildly depending on what happens to be looting there at any given time.
The question is: is the current 7%-ish 'dividend' a year ok for an investment within a virtual currency, especially given that the deed prices could easily drop by 10% from where they are now and still be considered overpriced by some/many?

We also do not know the relative ownership shares of deed holders. How quickly and with what volume might an investor want to sell out? What will payout be in the future if BS becomes a platform success amongst current players but doesn't draw other people in to create turnover on the planets themselves? Will ComPet deeds sow satisfaction or dissatisfaction when they finally start paying out?

Looking at my questions above, it does seem to me that they are loaded a bit negatively, but then again I come from a time when CLDs cost 1000 peds and were forecast to give a dividend quite a bit higher than can be expected now (due also to the current market price). Still, I thought I'd post. I hold some of each basic type of deed, by the way, yes.

CLD at 2250 PED and reaturn of 2.5 PED / week = 900 weeks ROI = 17.3 years (bad investment)
-- speculating it will go up to 3 PEd / week average = 750 weeks = 14.4 years (not much better)

AUD at 80 PED and return 1.5 pec / day = 5334 days ROI = 14.6 years (same as CLD at 3 PED / week)
-- speculating AUD returns stay at 2 pec / day average = 4000 days = 10.9 years (you see what?)

Looking at the simple math, guess why people sell CLD and buy AUD ?

-- speculating AUD returns stay at 2 pec / day average

This is the weak part. It stayed at 0-1 pec a day, 4-5 a week average for the most of the time. Smugglers missions made it 3 for a short while, now they are enjoying the same period until everyone interested done with viceroy. But that's not what you can rely upon in the long run.

they're all overpriced in the reality of other investment opportunities in RL.

And they're arguable less secure than investing in ETFs or something of the sort. These days any idiot with 2 hours a day and basic financial knowledge can make 2-5% interest per month trading stocks and options.

they're all overpriced in the reality of other investment opportunities in RL.

And they're arguable less secure than investing in ETFs or something of the sort. These days any idiot with 2 hours a day and basic financial knowledge can make 2-5% interest per month trading stocks and options.

Even 2-5% daily trading CFD's on small timeframes if he quits its "normal" job ;)

CLD at 2250 PED and reaturn of 2.5 PED / week = 900 weeks ROI = 17.3 years (bad investment)
-- speculating it will go up to 3 PEd / week average = 750 weeks = 14.4 years (not much better)

AUD at 80 PED and return 1.5 pec / day = 5334 days ROI = 14.6 years (same as CLD at 3 PED / week)
-- speculating AUD returns stay at 2 pec / day average = 4000 days = 10.9 years (you see what?)

Sing! I think the same...

CLDs have finally become overpriced. When the market irl started coming around and my passive investments began to reliably exceed that of CLDs, I sold my CLD collection and put that money into my mutual fund. I still buy and hold AUDs ingame even though I can get significantly better returns by other means because AUDs are very liquid, relatively stable, and provide some form of passive income while providing a vehicle for me to use as collateral to borrow high end gear that I don't have the time to justify owning. :twocents:

Well you made lots of money from my mistake even if it was only 10 AUD for the price of one. So I'm sure that makes up for it. I wonder if you actually play or just stalk the AH waiting for idiots to give you moar deeds!

I wonder when CLD will go down in price, if ever. If you buy CLD as long term investment; you'll have to hold onto them for more than 14 years to break even. And what are the chances that MindArk will be around in 14 years?

As it stands now; CLD are more of a trading commodity without real backing up of value in long term.
But then again, so is a ModMerc or other toy. Difference is that you can have fun with those toys and when the sky falls down they can't take that fun away.

Also, today most new players still start on Calypso. But that doesn't mean that will be the case in the future. So over time the income for PC could drop.
But at the moment no PP has an extensive mission chain as PC does, and until they do; it is unlikely they will become more popular.

Acro;3563262and what are the chances that MindArk will be around in 14 years? [/QUOTE said:
Thats what I asked myself as well before.

...and that was 12 years ago.

If you buy CLD as long term investment; you'll have to hold onto them for more than 14 years to break even. And what are the chances that MindArk will be around in 14 years?

As it stands now; CLD are more of a trading commodity without real backing up of value in long term.
But then again, so is a ModMerc or other toy. Difference is that you can have fun with those toys and when the sky falls down they can't take that fun away.

Also, today most new players still start on Calypso. But that doesn't mean that will be the case in the future. So over time the income for PC could drop.
But at the moment no PP has an extensive mission chain as PC does, and until they do; it is unlikely they will become more popular.

Better not buy gold as a long term investment then, as it has no payout at all! My goodness, nobody would ever be able to break even!.... what? Flawed argument? Really? You mean consider depreciation (or not ...even appreciation maybe) on the purchased goods and then redo the maths?
Now what I REALLY don't understand (or rather, cannot judge), is how many people seriously believe this on-going fallacy about the break-even point and how many people believe lots of other people will believe it and try to use this to their own advantage.

However, taking into account that the market price for deeds may fall, knocking 150 peds or so a year off the resale value would mean that you ONLY manage to break even and not actually make a profit whenever you sell them again. Knock more than 150 a year off the deed price and it is indeed a loss and then you don't even break even. Yes, I do see a risk that the deeds are currently overvalued. That would be a genuine argument against an investment (short-term?) at this time. How long MA survives (or Caly has revenue) is a longer term question!

Out of interest, are there any stats out there on the ped turnovers required for various mission chains? I'm not at all sure that CP stands alone on the length issue there! ;)

And there are 2 types of overpriced CLD. One you buy with CLD payouts and another that you depo to buy. I think the second are more overpriced than the first.

And there are 2 types of overpriced CLD. One you buy with CLD payouts and another that you depo to buy. I think the second are more overpriced than the first.

Yep, same as with AUD. There's the AUD you depo to buy and then there's the AUD that you buy with deed payouts + sweating/fruit walking revenue + tips from heal jobs. One or the other way may not be for everyone, but whatever works for you, as they say.

It's not market manipulation. AUDs could be valued at 150 PED per deed, if we use same valuation as in CLD at the moment (6.5 % ROI with current deed price). And as a side note, a few months ago Arkadia Devs promised Gold Rush event for miners and crafters, which potentially raises AUD payout.

Precisely. Considering people are happy to pay the CLD price of 2200 for like 6% ROI it's only natural that AUD will go the same path. As their payouts go up so will the price. Based on CLD ROI and markup - at an average payout of 2-3 pec a day the price of an AUD should easily be 120 - 180 ped.

Nanite grinding is helping fuel the rapid growth recently but Arkadia has been on the rise as an economy since Day 1. The Arkadia team are getting into a good groove of providing events and incentives for people to cycle peds on their planet which is a trend I see continuing especially when you compare the recent business strategies for Caly and Ark.

Ark = Upgradable Viceroy armor/nanties & gold rush events.
Caly = Purchasable statues which still haven't even been setup for buyers.

Anyways, those that understand the market and can recognize opportunity will profit. Those that don't will miss out.

Back