Entropia Universe Expo

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
I'm sure you've all heard of the E-3 Expo, or COMICON, etc.
And the popularity of Entropia has come into question many times. I notice the blame is left on Mind Ark for lack of advertising and PR, etc.

I feel the game is great; but indeed the advertising etc lacks and many people just have no idea what Entropia really is..

So, to get to the point of this thread.. the *suggestion*

Is.. some kind of an EXPO..

I'd image a big Entropia Universe EXPO with different booths and games being held.. PVP challenges area.. maybe a COMPET booth... and UPCOMING FEATURES of the game area...
maybe even a VIRTUAL REALITY area.. where people can demo some VR stuff that may be coming out (or is even already possible)..

maybe like a 3D space interaction area..
COSPLAY? RAFFLES? GIVEAWAYS? CHALLENGES?

skys the limit really..

but if the event were sheduled.. at a location? or various locations around the world EVERY YEAR...

it doesn't even have to be ENTROPIA UNIVERSE EXPO...

it could be CASH BASED MMO EXPO?
SPACE GAMES EXPO? >> include other games to be featured like **you already know**
this way if the expo is more vague and includes other companies.... the ... *target audiance* would be larger..

*different locations across the world* to allow for convinence for people who can plan to attend in the future.

oh and not to mention... MASS ADVERTISING of the expo prior to occurance.... to include video game news outlets.. gaming magazines.. etc etc..

sounds like a ton of fun.
make it a 3-day event or so..

have people register online and get a ticket or something.. just like COMICON and E3...

I think it'd be Amazing and I'd love to go!
Who else wants to go?

Just book a booth at e3 it'll pay for itself.

Entropia Universe going to Burning man in 2017?

I was just watching a series about burning man on youtube by gnosticmedia. I was looking into the origins of MA and EU which is not so far distant in time thinking there must be a connection (so far have not found any). So its not so far out to think MA should have a presence there and what you suggest is it. Entropia Universe should be at burning man.

I was just watching a series about burning man on youtube by gnosticmedia. I was looking into the origins of MA and EU which is not so far distant in time thinking there must be a connection (so far have not found any). So its not so far out to think MA should have a presence there and what you suggest is it. Entropia Universe should be at burning man.

Bruning man isn't about video games. It's a drug festival. That's just silly to have entropia there.

Bruning man isn't about video games. It's a drug festival. That's just silly to have entropia there.

Pills are in strong boxes... I still say Mindark should set aside something somewhere and get an ad on the superbowl in a year or 3. Godaddy did it and became popular overnight.

Last edited:
If there is cosplay involved I am going as a Boruum Male!!! :rolleyes:

Pills are in strong boxes... I still say Mindark should set aside something somewhere and get an ad on the superbowl in a year or 3. Godaddy did it and became popular overnight.

Alright Superbowl ad would be worth the millions in cost. The question is can the server take the load.

Alright Superbowl ad would be worth the millions in cost. The question is can the server take the load.

This or E3 booth.

I mean fuck, look at what people spent on that stupid clash of clans, candy crush, game of war bullshit from those ads.

EU should really try to get some mainstream US media advertising going. Us Americans are dumb and would spend money on anything. The fact that EU is fun would mean we'd stay and spend more money. 99% of my friends and gaming colleagues have never even heard of EU. Many of them have popular YouTube or twitch streams and play games full time. Many of them said they love the concept of EU bit couldn't begin to play unless the game was more well-known. After all their livelihoods depend on streaming popular games.

This or E3 booth.

I mean fuck, look at what people spent on that stupid clash of clans, candy crush, game of war bullshit from those ads.

EU should really try to get some mainstream US media advertising going. Us Americans are dumb and would spend money on anything. The fact that EU is fun would mean we'd stay and spend more money. 99% of my friends and gaming colleagues have never even heard of EU. Many of them have popular YouTube or twitch streams and play games full time. Many of them said they love the concept of EU bit couldn't begin to play unless the game was more well-known. After all their livelihoods depend on streaming popular games.

It's not really mindark's responsibility to advertise. It's the planet partner's and what should also be the players through affiliation. Advertising is not cheap. To advertise, it has to be paid for. It would be wiser for planet partners to set aside money to market their product (such as ark does) and mindark implement affiliate advertising for players... since I know people have affiliate links already... this apparatus is already live. Just open it up.

This or E3 booth.

Completely agree.
Could very well be because I'm American as well.
I say "Entropia"
People respond: "Entropyーwhat!?"

indeed player ref link be aweosome

But not only one time payment or(stupid i forget name in facebook)
I look more for daily/week/moth payment based how many peds my affiliates spend and things like that

And decent land page ( i bit lazy to make one to ads)

Last edited:
Completely agree.
Could very well be because I'm American as well.
I say "Entropia"
People respond: "Entropyーwhat!?"

Really though... especially with the virtual tycoon app... like come on MA..

PP should technically do the advertising, but this is a poor model for garnering interest towards the game itself. The last thing we need is to confuse already confused Americans on what Entropia is.

Also, PPs probably do not have millions in liquid capital available for advertising. Not saying MA does either.. but MA is certainly in a better position to take a loan or some sort if they don't have the capital.

All it would take is a repeated 30 second add during a large sporting event or something. MA playerbase would skyrocket. But maybe they don't want that attention (aka gambling disputes)... but still.. just a thought.

Edit:

Literally just take highlights from that Eomon ATH Taco has on Youtube and throw in some music, special effects, and Morgan Freeman-style narration.. maybe highlight some cool gameplay features... but always focus on the RCE aspect.

It's not really mindark's responsibility to advertise. It's the planet partner's and what should also be the players through affiliation. Advertising is not cheap. To advertise, it has to be paid for. It would be wiser for planet partners to set aside money to market their product (such as ark does) and mindark implement affiliate advertising for players... since I know people have affiliate links already... this apparatus is already live. Just open it up.

Well, they could set up a player referral system that pays out like 1% of deposits made in the first year payed out as universal ammo.
Heck, I would jump on that bandwagon to promote EU.
And paying out 1% in UA wouldn't be a big cost for MA; we'll waste it hunting anyway.

And where is that referral system. I've come across people talking about it but it seems something very mysterious.
This will bring more life into EU than things like battle simulator.

Well, they could set up a player referral system that pays out like 1% of deposits made in the first year payed out as universal ammo.
Heck, I would jump on that bandwagon to promote EU.
And paying out 1% in UA wouldn't be a big cost for MA; we'll waste it hunting anyway.

And where is that referral system. I've come across people talking about it but it seems something very mysterious.
This will bring more life into EU than things like battle simulator.

Referral systems have been discussed multiple times. I suppose it's a good way to bring in players under the guide of existing players, but in terms of growth and increasing revenue a mass media advertisement might be better.

if 200,000 people try the game as a result, and 25,000 deposit money, and (optimistically) 10,000 or more stay for one year or more, that's a substantial addition to EU.

Whereas through referral we might have higher retention rates and increased likelihood of deposits, but the figure would be much much lower.. maybe only 100-200 per quarter. The again it would also basically be free, whereas a primetime tv ad slot in the US can cost millions.

Dragon*Con would be a better fit than BM.
That being said, I suspect MA doesn't have deep enough pockets to pull it off. They've done the booth thing a few times, with little pre-advertising or post advertising.

Hell, the current guy running the show got his start duplicating game disks and stuffing them into jackets for his daddies company's last trade show outing. When the Marko era of actual gamers running the game ended, Dad made sure that his kid had a job.

So, I doubt there will be an in-force presence by MA at a show. That being said, there's nothing that says people can't buy orange sweats and put black stripes on them to make an old-school noob suit for a con. :)

come on, money isn't an issue. Booth are too cheap, MA need at least a castle.

Referral suck, it would make EU more pyramidal and would add further cold to player who already read bad reviews that florish the web.
Advertising, well, PP lost their tracks. They should unite together with MA and make a full ad, when someone join a planet, he should know that this is an universe.
Thing, is still, you can't advertise it as almost everything MA started remain unfinished. 10 years ago i always said the game has huge potential, now i can't count the wasted opportunities. Finish stable, taming, land plots, buffs, mindforce, gameplay improvements (looking forward to fast paced BS), and yes, space too.
Then it will be time to advertise, before adding new things.

In it's current state, it look s like a 15 year old demo made by summer intern only. They start a project, stage is over and projet remain unfinished, next year a new guy work on something new which slowly start to be unrelated to the original concept.

Sorry for the rant, but IMFO advertising now will only do bad.

Referral systems have been discussed multiple times. I suppose it's a good way to bring in players under the guide of existing players, but in terms of growth and increasing revenue a mass media advertisement might be better.

if 200,000 people try the game as a result, and 25,000 deposit money, and (optimistically) 10,000 or more stay for one year or more, that's a substantial addition to EU.

Whereas through referral we might have higher retention rates and increased likelihood of deposits, but the figure would be much much lower.. maybe only 100-200 per quarter. The again it would also basically be free, whereas a primetime tv ad slot in the US can cost millions.

A huge media campaign is sure to help; but MA doesn't have the money to run one. And advertising is less efficient than it was 10 years ago.
If 25k people would deposit 40$, it would be a huge success and bring in 1M; but the costs of a marketing campaign like that would eat the most of it. The servers couldn't handle 25k players anyway, so the costs for new servers would eat more than the rest. And if the campaign fails MA might book a huge loss.

Referrals are a low cost/pay as you go type of marketing that really gets dedicated players. And the existing player-base might be able to advertise in better ways than an all out ad slamming campaign.

Back