Is there a solution to MM - what would we like to see?

We let's be honest about it. The same people win because they have all the ever increasing demand for gear to enable them to be up there. That could also mean they've got a LA and a ton of CLD's as well to compete with.

I think as the game continues to widen the gap between the haves and have nots, the chances of new players trying to attempt to enter that high level of competition reduces at a fast rate. When the dream is unachievable, then there's no desire. I know I can't afford to buy a Bentley so why bother even thinking about it. I might be able to afford Merc though.....get my point.

Lets just consider a ring.....what's a really good ring 30K ped say. That's $3000 before you consider weapons and armour. then add in everything mod and we're talking serious cash. Just a set of mod armour plates is crazy price to acquire let alone buy.

We don't hear of the losses though, even if they wanted to tell you they wont. Because the Gods might not be happy. Bet let's say the best outcome is any prize covers their cost. If they don't hit a prize they're in a deep hole.

Then we've got the wannabe set who try hard to keep up with the usual winners. Maybe they throw everything they got at it, for one last ditch attempt of making it for glory. They get one shot at it I reckon, and if they don't make it, it's all over.

There isn't a new solution, this huge oil tanker needs to keep the water underneath as calm as possible to keep the cash cow ticking over.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though with Battle simulator for us mere mortals. Time will tell though how that pans out. If it really is just an entrance fee and no other costs, then my faith will be somewhat restored.

Then maybe...just maybe the battle sim grow into something special overtime.

Rick

We let's be honest about it. The same people win because they have all the ever increasing demand for gear to enable them to be up there. That could also mean they've got a LA and a ton of CLD's as well to compete with.

I think as the game continues to widen the gap between the haves and have nots, the chances of new players trying to attempt to enter that high level of competition reduces at a fast rate. When the dream is unachievable, then there's no desire. I know I can't afford to buy a Bentley so why bother even thinking about it. I might be able to afford Merc though.....get my point.

Lets just consider a ring.....what's a really good ring 30K ped say. That's $3000 before you consider weapons and armour. then add in everything mod and we're talking serious cash. Just a set of mod armour plates is crazy price to acquire let alone buy.

We don't hear of the losses though, even if they wanted to tell you they wont. Because the Gods might not be happy. Bet let's say the best outcome is any prize covers their cost. If they don't hit a prize they're in a deep hole.

Then we've got the wannabe set who try hard to keep up with the usual winners. Maybe they throw everything they got at it, for one last ditch attempt of making it for glory. They get one shot at it I reckon, and if they don't make it, it's all over.

There isn't a new solution, this huge oil tanker needs to keep the water underneath as calm as possible to keep the cash cow ticking over.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though with Battle simulator for us mere mortals. Time will tell though how that pans out. If it really is just an entrance fee and no other costs, then my faith will be somewhat restored.

Then maybe...just maybe the battle sim grow into something special overtime.

Rick

Good post.

The problem with this situation is happening right now already.. Because who's going to buy all that high end gear if only 15 people compete over and over for the same prices?
I won one prize in MM once, spot 25 in category 3. I did it with a tier 8 0x0 gun and all the pills I could swallow.
But Categories do not exist anymore, so I have no need for pills, rings or a 0x0.
If Mindark wants to keep things as they are now.. fine, but they are shooting themselves in the foot, because average Joe will not compete.

You can still win even if your not placed in the top 15 or find anything rare. When i done robot style mm i knew i had no chance winning anything, so i went in with a mind set be eco as possible not use damage enhancers etc and well it paid of tt wise. Wasn't anything majorly fantastic tbh just gaining 100 ped here and their but it still adds up.

Its just the grind which annoys me hitting the same mob over and over gets soooo tedious i end up turning to the crafting machine or lvl 13s for some excitement which is stupidly short lived. And the whole wave thing which really annoys me atm.

Generally these days though il take anything lol when i am on which seems to be less and less.

Back