Is there a solution to MM - what would we like to see?

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
I think it is too early to put up a poll, and actually wrong to do so now. Interested in what ideas the community has to sort out MM. (Yes, this predisposes that I think there is an issue with it).

None of the following are solutions but could form the basis of a poll. Please add as you see fit. I will update this page.

1. Go back to the old format, where mob spawns would be increased and the idea was to bring down the mobs in your category. This was a non instance format.

2. Bring back levels and commensurate prizes for those levels?

3. Keep it as it is? I struggle with this one because categories 1 - 3 just seem pointless.

Others?

I love it in its current form as its the ultimate challenge but I understand your point. Every system is flawed in some way, favouring some more than others so its impossible to keep everyone happy all of the time. That said the system which was no2 on your list with the old level caps would be my choice for next year if a change was to be made.

One point that you and others who want these changes aren't considering and probably don't care about is that if cats still existed I probably wouldn't have skilled higher than lvl99 and would have stopped developing my character in order to smash cat4. I'm glad they removed them from the point of view that I'm pushing myself as high as I can now, and isn't that what its all about?

I think it is too early to put up a poll, and actually wrong to do so now. Interested in what ideas the community has to sort out MM. (Yes, this predisposes that I think there is an issue with it).

None of the following are solutions but could form the basis of a poll. Please add as you see fit. I will update this page.

1. Go back to the old format, where mob spawns would be increased and the idea was to bring down the mobs in your category. This was a non instance format.

3. Keep it as it is? I struggle with this one because categories 1 - 3 just seem pointless.

Others?

Any option would be super bad for you anyway, even if you create your own rule someone else will beat you at your own game but don't ask me why, I don't explain myself.
Just put total faith in Mindark and go along with their plan, never fails.
Meanwhile keep skilling, its always a good thing between events.

I really enjoyed the old school mayhem. Still can't forget my first experience with it when I was a lvl 50ish player joining in on the winning Art of War team many years ago. They had a lot of us "noobs" joining in and helping and the whole thing was a lot of fun. Sure I didn't get any prizes but how many of us do anyways with the current system? At least I had fun doing it and the whole thing was won with great team playing and a lot of planning :wtg: Now it's just to stand in the sweet spot shooting mobs for X amount of hours.

I really enjoyed the old school mayhem. Still can't forget my first experience with it when I was a lvl 50ish player joining in on the winning Art of War team many years ago. They had a lot of us "noobs" joining in and helping and the whole thing was a lot of fun. Sure I didn't get any prizes but how many of us do anyways with the current system? At least I had fun doing it and the whole thing was won with great team playing and a lot of planning :wtg: Now it's just to stand in the sweet spot shooting mobs for X amount of hours.

with other words: it is just too expensive and boring now.

Others?

Can you please remind yourself and everyone else about all the problems and numerous cry threads about the old MM systems, there has been a few different formats to this so a lot of things to look back.
I am not a great fan of current format but i like it and i enjoy participating because its something i have worked so hard for (go with the flow, adjust and keep skilling). Categories wont change much for me, as now i would be in top cat (one that doesnt have level req), so potentially going for best prize.

In your previous thread i voted no, but i never knew this is what u hve in your mind.
I rather stay at current format than change to anything suggested so far.

My advice would be to evaluate from ground up what is the event you want to see/participate in? Starting from format, requirements, limitations, prizes and many more small aspects as to what the event should look like.

Until then i see this thread as just another - remove explosives thread. It doesnt help.

I dont mean to be harsh and its nothing personal at all, but i am just saying...

/Soko

make it a combination of old school levels but take agility into consideration too... that way people cant chip out and compete in lower levels

make it a combination of old school levels but take agility into consideration too... that way people cant chip out and compete in lower levels

Bad suggestion.

Beauty to this game is the ability to be whoever you want to be.
Real cash economy at its finest.
What if a new player joins that wants to compete in top category but has low agility? You will say it works other way round? Ok, i myslef have chipped all out and had almost 100 agility at top level 20 and total skills 35k.
Nop, it wont work. It didnt work and it wont work with added agility requirement.

/Soko

Here is what i posted in solo results thread
And this is how i feel....

I participated in very first mayhem event as a support shooter and we placed in top 10. Was good fun, we had massive team, i was still noob then <80 (mind the fact i am still noob today). So i figured i dont have much chances to compete myself and gather big team so i wil jus watch and learn.

Fast forward few years and chipping out inbetween i am now back and playing once again. This time i want to participate, so i skilled hard and bought cdf600, not the best but still pretty decent gun for mayhem and i would participate in category 3 in 2015 mayhem.

A tragedy happened in my family and i had to change my plans and couldnt participate as i wished to so i simply did a bit of profitable hunting in instances and sold some stars (still a win for me).

But now we know categories are removed and we are all competing for the same prize pot. I now need to skill up more and get better gear and etc.

And this is what I love most about the game - it drives me forward. Makes me want to skill more, reach goals, achieve milestones.

So first little test for me was core event 2016, i still only had m83 t10 and thats about 100 dps not enough for the too prizes but i could practice so i wouldnt make mistakes in the event i truly participate in.

Halloween Mayhem 2016, now i have skilled enough and have loaned some gear i am finally participating. Heart is pumping, i have achieved my milestone - participate in event, full out. And i did well, placed 7th (i think) and hit a small ATH. Gosh i was so happy, but i knew the real deal, the one that i have been preparing for is in 1.5 months from HM.

So i make adjustments to my gameplay, making sure i can kill more, deal more damage and I step into Merry Mayhem for the first time and i do well, i do better than i did on HM. Less mistakes, now i am smarter.
This time i finished 8th. It was hard 47h of shooting, but i feel very good about an - event well done. So i move onto FFA where we have gathered a great team to participate with...

I am saying all above hust to explain my drive and my experience as a complete noob and up to being able to land in top 10 players. Participating in MM is the ultimate experience at least for me. Its also not easy. One can kill 90 spiders in solo5 while other will kill 100 with exact same gear. Knowledge and practice helped me a lot. I did post my spendings and overall loss somewhere so i wont go into that anymore, but also being able to shoot 3k+ ped an hour is another achievement on its own at least for me.

Now if the event would be a complete lottery like many suggest here then it would be ruined for me. Whats the point of skilling, practicing, learning and thriving for just that chance to be able to participate? I worked hard for it.
I am not saying that categories would be bad, just the opposite, i would love it, but i dont mind how it is now, because thats what i have been skilling and practicing for - ultimate EU event. That dream isnt lost on me yet and one day i may even win it!

While people think that ubers are the ones who can just put their names on little pieces of paper and then draw them from MA's hat to see where they will place i will tell you - its all so random! There is now 3 cdf1k. Two are t9 and one is t10. One t10 terminator, one t10 bl1950 and one t9 bl1800, one t10 cdf800 and 2 lower ones and half a dozen t10 mod mercs. Yes these are guns that win but there are few others that can compete like hl18sga, regular hl18 and many many L guns (!). But trouble is that once you get in the event you realise how fortunate you have to be to loot the big stars. 5k pointers are very hard to come by. I had none in my last 3 events. So its a lottery after all :p

Please think about the mayhem as an ultimate event. Skill up, practice, learn to shoot (important) and if needed rent the gun and get ur name in that top 10 list. Terminator is not that expensive to rent, i think just 20-30% of prize (dont take my word for it). And its super low level, its job done for you, the easy way, as you do not need to buy urself a weapon and then spend years in tiering it.

Have a good day and keep skilling
Soko

Until then i see this thread as just another - remove explosives thread. It doesnt help.

I dont mean to be harsh and its nothing personal at all, but i am just saying...

/Soko

Honestly this is not a remove explosives thread. My view matters no more than anyone else's view. I have a personal agenda but I was genuinely interested as to others view. I have tried not to slant this thread towards any view. The real answer maybe that no change is possible. Thank you for your contribution and your thoughts.

I dont think there is one simple solution with the in-game mechanics we have now.

The two main issues have remained the same throughout:

• Borrowed 'God like' items
  • 'Brother and sister' accounts

Merry Mayhem has been with us for the past 9 years (7 of which for the armor parts), so the rules may adapt but everyone knows the rules before they start.

I suggest everyone reads the rules, and either join in or opt out.

Oh and dont forget - keep it 'Merry'... :xmas:

I dont think there is one simple solution with the in-game mechanics we have now.

The two main issues have remained the same throughout:

• Borrowed 'God like' items
  • 'Brother and sister' accounts

Merry Mayhem has been with us for the past 9 years (7 of which for the armor parts), so the rules may adapt but everyone knows the rules before they start.

I suggest everyone reads the rules, and either join in or opt out.

Oh and dont forget - keep it 'Merry'... :xmas:

Borrowed or bought, whats the difference? If they introduce trade lock like some have suggested i am selling out. Its just ridicilous for RCE.

Sisters/brothers? Where is problem with that? Why shouldnt my brother be able to use my equipment?

It seems like people just envy too much or dont have enough courage to actually buy good items them selves and then put a lot of more peds on the line to go for prizes.

I honestly dont understand.

I do have an idea (which might not be so good...) about this "issue". Will post it a little later when i find how to formulate it.

Borrowed or bought, whats the difference? If they introduce trade lock like some have suggested i am selling out. Its just ridicilous for RCE.

Sisters/brothers? Where is problem with that? Why shouldnt my brother be able to use my equipment?

It seems like people just envy too much or dont have enough courage to actually buy good items them selves and then put a lot of more peds on the line to go for prizes.

I honestly dont understand.

I do have an idea (which might not be so good...) about this "issue". Will post it a little later when i find how to formulate it.

I wasn't actually debating with you, rather putting here some of the issues that have arisen over the past 9 years of discussion which I have read during that time.

If you want to sell out over a 'trade lock' (which I didn't mention) thats your call. Someone buys your skills, someone buys your equipment and life carries on.

I dont envy anyone either. I'm very happy with the progress I've made and will continue to do so at my own pace.

I wasn't actually debating with you, rather putting here some of the issues that have arisen over the past 9 years of discussion which I have read.

If you want to sell out over a 'trade lock' (which I didn't mention) thats your call.

I dont envy anyone either. I'm very happy with the progress I've made and will continue to do so at my own pace.

So how come you are having those two issues?
Or is it another one of those - i will post something just for the case of posting?

So how come you are having those two issues?
Or is it another one of those - i will post something just for the case of posting?

Perhaps I was in support of a Soc-mate's thread - which society did you used to be in again?

I'm more curious as to why you think I cant post my opinion on any matter in this forum?

Perhaps I was in support of a Soc-mate's thread - which society did you used to be in again?

I'm more curious as to why you think I cant post my opinion on any matter in this forum?

I never said you cant post your opinion.
I am doing just that, posting my opinion. I am just trying to figure out whats wrong the MM, and why should we be going back old broken formats?

All day long in pcf we see more and more new "suggestion posts", remove this, remove that, there is issue here, issue there. People are just generally salty about everything, or they just like to make posts to buff up their post count.

I love to read constructive posts. Good guides and awesome stories/experiences. I also have an opinion on pretty much everything but i try to not put it out there as its just a waste of time.

This time however i am trying to understand why is the current MM so bad?

improvements.jpg

Just because something works, doesn't mean it cant be improved on.

I know hot to play silly image game too..

6QiBLoc.jpg

Just because something works, doesn't mean it cant be improved on.

Whats next?

Whats next?

I guess, everyone else's opinion on which viewpoint is the one they share.

Not just the people who have a vested interested in keeping things the same. ;)

I guess, everyone else's opinion on which viewpoint is the one they share.

Not just the people who have a vested interested in keeping things the same. ;)

What are you implying?
You think skilling, investing and training for events is why i have a vested interest in keeping things same? And that new players, should not have chance? Or that the event should be lottery or those who are actually sweating for the chance to compete instead of crying for not having everything on a silver platter? We are running into ridiculousnes here.
Why are you twisting this against me?
In the old gwits thread i voted that i dont like current format. In this one i just have pointed out that all the ideas to move back to old format or introducing some caps are simply BAD. They are unfair to most people and does not sport competetive spirit!

Could this event be better? Ofc it could, but not with silly suggestions, dumb insertions, useless meme's.

Reactions: Izz
image_20170130_192042_164061.jpg

The world would be a better place if more people could learn how to debate properly, or keep their opinions to themselves if they can't....It amazes me too how some people always seem to want to have the last word.

What are you implying?
You think skilling, investing and training for events is why i have a vested interest in keeping things same? And that new players, should not have chance? Or that the event should be lottery or those who are actually sweating for the chance to compete instead of crying for not having everything on a silver platter? We are running into ridiculousnes here.
Why are you twisting this against me?
In the old gwits thread i voted that i dont like current format. In this one i just have pointed out that all the ideas to move back to old format or introducing some caps are simply BAD. They are unfair to most people and does not sport competetive spirit!

Could this event be better? Ofc it could, but not with silly suggestions, dumb insertions, useless meme's.

You made this about you. I didn't.
I've replied to what you've said about my posts obviously. Especially the bits that seemed to suggest your opinion counted for more than mine and that a high postcount is worse than a low one. :dunce:

A high postcount just means I've been around 10.5 years on this forum and contributed to discussions, nothing more than that.

Just for the record : 13,384 / 3832 = 3.4 posts a day. Which I'm obviously beating tonight whilst duncis is having his strop on.

It's not excessive, it just means I help people more than you do.

Last edited:
I got carried away with mega's bs and almost forgot to post an idea.

Many games have their yearly events -
Hearthstone has HS championships in each continent
Wolrd Of Tanks have their Clan Wars
And so on...

If Merry Mayhem would be something people could work towards all year long and then at the christmas time they can be awarded with a chhance to participate.
So if there would be a ladder or some kind of minimum global count per year or some other activity that wuld then mean there is no more troubles with so called alt avatars that borrow gear just for events...

Just an idea, its maybe not good but this is the direction i think in!

/Soko

I got carried away with mega's bs and almost forgot to post an idea.

Many games have their yearly events -
Hearthstone has HS championships in each continent
Wolrd Of Tanks have their Clan Wars
And so on...

If Merry Mayhem would be something people could work towards all year long and then at the christmas time they can be awarded with a chhance to participate.
So if there would be a ladder or some kind of minimum global count per year or some other activity that wuld then mean there is no more troubles with so called alt avatars that borrow gear just for events...

Just an idea, its maybe not good but this is the direction i think in!

/Soko

Sometimes I'm called a Troll, I'm not, I'm a Trollhunter.
You may call the above discussion :bs: I wonder why you seemed to think it was all about you.

Others might too.

The only real problem I have with MM (and other Mayhem-type events) is that there is far too much focus on them in comparison to day-to-day gameplay.

Primarily this stems from the top prizes being much too large/powerful.

Not only are they incomparable to anything that can be gained by "normal" hunting, but their very existence devalues almost every other item in the game far too much, due to the huge gulf in stats, and only helps to perpetuate the race-to-the-bottom economy that exists elsewhere.

The latest weapons and their buffs are the worst example of this yet.

The only real problem I have with MM (and other Mayhem-type events) is that there is far too much focus on them in comparison to day-to-day gameplay.

Primarily this stems from the top prizes being much too large/powerful.

Not only are they incomparable to anything that can be gained by "normal" hunting, but their very existence devalues almost every other item in the game far too much, due to the huge gulf in stats, and only helps to perpetuate the race-to-the-bottom economy that exists elsewhere.

The latest weapons and their buffs are the worst example of this yet.

Finally an on-topic comment!

I know see what at least some think is the problem. And i can agree to most of what oleg said.

So what do you think ? Would a ladder type gameay be better? The llader and then championship at the end? Maybe even offline?
With Real World Prizes, or unique items that dont inpact our eco-race?

They could bring back the categories based on professional level and simply not allow unlimited non-sib weapons in the <75 level categories (cats 1-3 I think it was). This is what the alts were doing to win.

One big problem is its only on calypso so all other planets are empty when it occurs, well except for us holiday gift planet hoppers... should be a system wide multi planet thing...and not just hunting focused.... your idea about a build up to it sounds a bit like certain events on ark and caly. Would be interesting to see mayhem on every planet and one final battle bracket style or ladder style somewhere... maybe each planet takes turns like real world Olympics...
eu-winter-olympics-2014.jpg

They could bring back the categories based on professional level and simply not allow unlimited non-sib weapons in the <75 level categories (cats 1-3 I think it was). This is what the alts were doing to win.

Ok, I often use UL - Non SIB Weapons. Gravis for example, as I basically paid zero markup.
So you believe I should be excluded from the events because a handful of players use alts?
Or are you trying to force me to pay stupid Markup for SIB weapons that suit my level?

Ok, I often use UL - Non SIB Weapons. Gravis for example, as I basically paid zero markup.
So you believe I should be excluded from the events because a handful of players use alts?
Or are you trying to force me to pay stupid Markup for SIB weapons that suit my level?

You would be in a very small minority of lower/mid level players that consistently use unl non-sib weapons, you wouldn't win a category with that either. So, not to be rude, but this example does nothing to invalidate my idea.

Back