life steal coat (M)

ntelinatsos

Stalker
Society
GU ---> A&D ---> pk ck ---> OU ---> GU HQ ---> cks ---> Synergen ---> Guess Who
Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos
hi, i'm thinking to buy one coat for the life steal buff and i'm wondering how much this one worth

what do you think?

Stelious, there is 4 male coats I believe. One belongs to LB one is on fryer. Doch has the third, forget the other 1. I haven't heard of one being sold except maybe fryer. Last one sold for about 70k. I don't believe it's worth that but life steal is pretty freaking nice. I'd value it closer to 40-45k maybe even less with the mod restore out there and a few rings?

Good luck.

I wouldnt give 10k for one (unless for resell ^^)

Stelious, there is 4 male coats I believe. One belongs to LB one is on fryer. Doch has the third, forget the other 1. I haven't heard of one being sold except maybe fryer. Last one sold for about 70k. I don't believe it's worth that but life steal is pretty freaking nice. I'd value it closer to 40-45k maybe even less with the mod restore out there and a few rings?

Good luck.

So if you shoot with 200dps. It will give you 2heal/sec. And you value that 45k? That is amazing, I love this game!

I wouldnt give 10k for one (unless for resell ^^)

i was thinking about 8-12k peds when i made this thread, now i don't see a reason to buy one in this price (40-45k peds)

Folks are throwing prices around, but no one's talking about how they came to those values. The idea of 1% heal of dmg done seems cool, but let's see what kinds of conditions it's actually useful:

• On mobs that die before they can even touch you, or any other case where your hunting style keeps you essentially full health, so you never need to heal anyway, there's no benefit.
  • On mobs that hit so hard that you end up healing a lot, the life steal can't keep up enough to compensate. No real benefit.
  • If you are constantly using a mod healer or similar, there's likely no benefit unless the cloak can heal enough to compensate for their work.
On a 2k+ health mob, I.E. Aruli Ravager (2230 health), you'll get 22.3 health (plus change due to regen) in free healing. Will that amount factor in vs. how much overall dmg it does to you?

Where the cloak shines is on a special window of hunting: When you hunt a mob that requires you to grab your fap after 2-3+ kills.

If your hunting style only requires you to fap up after a few kills, then it's VERY likely you'll see and appreciate the benefits.

And what're those benefits? More shooting, less/no fapping. Which can be a benefit in contests where you can shoot non-stop. Or if you really care about how fast you can kill/skill hunting.

Here's what I said when checking a video of Stryker doing Merry Mayhem using the cloak:
Ok so let's see if I understand that vampire cloak right:

Dmg inflicted by the end was 712,846. 1% of that leeched for your own health = 7,128.46, or saving you the need to mod fap 45 times. :jawdrop:

So, you can say the cloak saved him 45 pec in mod fap heals that hour, but also allowed him to shoot an extra ~40 seconds (time needed to switch to fap and back each of those 45 times), which means he was able to kill 1-3 extra mobs during that time. Every mayhem hour. That may or may not mean the difference between 8th and 2nd place.

However, that's a single yearly event. Factor in Ark's version of mayhem, etc. plus any other LA hunting events, shared loot, etc. you may compete in.

So, if this cloak can save you, say 90% of your fapping over the course of a year of regular hunting, then factor in an amount of expected winnings due mostly to your ability to continue shooting without healing if you want to get super detailed, how much is that worth to you?

These high numbers sound cool and all, but really, while it can take your fapping down to near zero if you hunt right, I really doubt it'll saved on 45k in fap decay.

These days a 4k adj heal chip does a good job for many hunters, so it's really hard to envision where this cloak can be 10X+ more useful than that.

I'm curious if the life steal stacks with other life steal items? I have mod resto chip, if I got this cloak, and a Halloween ring would I have the combined life steal effect of all three?

I'm curious if the life steal stacks with other life steal items? I have mod resto chip, if I got this cloak, and a Halloween ring would I have the combined life steal effect of all three?

Yes, they should stack.

Good luck.

4th is mine :) forgetting your own soc mate :p

edit: oops... I just saw this topic is 1 year old by now... how the hell did I get here?
Sorry for the necrobump :s my bad!

I was using a lifesteal ring (which coincidentally sells for ~10k-15k) during Easter Mayhem, and it's buff stacked with the Mayhem amp I was using, which had 2% life steal, for a 3% total.
In Easter Mayhem Annihilation it is difficult to say how much it assisted me, as I didn't need to fap often anyways since I was over protecting on my armor, and the few times I did need to heal I used an improved resto (which made a negligible difference in time consumed).

If you are simply buying one for every day grinding, and you think 50k-70k is a reasonable price, make sure you buy a modified resto (45k-50k) before buying this cloak. It is unlikely that you will find the cloak to make a significant difference in your daily grind when you are using a modified resto chip.

If you are going to pay a significant price for a life steal cloak for the sake of Mayhem, ensure a few things first...
1. You have a pair of life-steal rings (Christmas 2017 goes for 25k-30k, Summer 2017 goes for 10k-15k). 2-3% life steal (I don't recall which)
2. You are using Mayhem (L) amps. 2% life steal.
3. You are using a Modified Restoration chip. 1% life steal.
4. You are using the best (L) armor with the best (L) plates possible for the event.

If you already own the items specified above and still find the need for an extra 1% life steal, consider what you should invest in it. Bear in mind, life steal made a very negligible difference in Defense mode.

Personally, I would value it between 4k-6k because it could help a little during certain events, and for every day grinding, but the boost is very insignificant in the grand scheme of things. There are many other things I would buy before paying the above mentioned 50k-70k for it.

Back