Entropia Universe 15.12.0 Release Notes

I didnt see any other planet partner updates? Wasnt this the big PP VU?

And at least there have been some more MB Arkadia-Data in Patch :confused:

Well I'm obviously a really shit gamer.

I had 4 goes, couldn't get passed the first timer. I guess this old git is way passed it.

Then I watched this guy on youtube and he did it in 17 mins. His reactions are a ton better than mine I was impressed, and the leaders are less than half his time. Incredible hats off to those people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k27bxpAr1dE

I was struggling to get used to the keyboard moves. WASD keys

Someone told me you can switch weapon with 1,2,3

If MA increase the timers, I'll give it another go. Then at least a chance to practice for reasonable peds.

Shame....well ok I'll take it on the chin, it's my fault, I'm just not good enough.

GL Rick

how the hell do you manage to do it in 8:30? Oo
the biggest boss in the last room i need to shoot for nearly 2 minutes lol... and all these evades are driving me nuts. also u gotta be lucky to get many of these small mobs where u can kill 10 with one shot instead of the ranged tanky ones..

Yes, but only if they advertise properly. I bet CS:GO players would be interested because of how fast reflexes they have.

I played CS and CS:GO lots. My style was spray and pray. This game is polar opposite to counterstrike. They count lag in seconds here, not milliseconds. Puts a whole new meaning to spray and pray!:censored:

The whole time watching that youtube video I was shouting shoot the ground you idiot! So many missed shots because he aimed for the bots instead of under them.

What is "Physically based rendering (PBR)"?

Played it a few times, looks like my "real" gaming skills suck. I am glad for those who now have opportunity they didn't have prior to this. Looks like it could be potentially very lucrative.

The whole time watching that youtube video I was shouting shoot the ground you idiot! So many missed shots because he aimed for the bots instead of under them.

When you shoot the ground it appears to do significantly less damage proportion than it does ingame.

Just watched the vid, it's like having a flash back.

Here's a recording of my stream, with a bunch of runs on the battle sim. I think it includes my fastest time too (8:26).

Unfortunately as this is on the EU engine, a lot is left to "chance" - which mobs spawn, how many evades and crits you get during the run... even how some of the evisci move.

Make of it what you will - I'll stream some more tomorrow I guess - check my signature.

EDIT: Fast run (8:28) starts at 1:51:40.

Last edited:
MA needs to do some social media marketing and try to have a few big streamers (350+ avg viewers) give it a test run. Like give them 50 free tries on it or something to stream.

This could get a lot of people interested with smaller pockets. .40 cents a try, at a chance of $50 (whatever the prize pool is at the time) and leader board pride...

This does have good potential, they can add different instances of for example, 10 PED difficulty, different weapons, mobs, and/or change it up every "season" or in EU's case, every VU.

Even if new players only join EU for BS, you'll still get a few that might stay with EU ingame.

...........hmm.......
playback on other websites has been disabled by video owner

Last edited:
haven't tried it yet, but the videos remind me a lot of old fps games from way back when... will have to wait until I got some free time on my day off to possibly give it a try.

Theres a thread about why EU isn't popular and for some reason I thought of that topic when I read

The Battle Simulator can be accessed anywhere in Entropia Universe:
1a. open Action Library (click click clicky click)
1. Click the ‘Event List’ action from the Action Library.
2. Select ‘Global Instances’ from the Event Areas listing on the left side.
3. Double-click ‘Battle Simulator’ in the central window,
3b. then click the ‘Register’ button
3c. and ‘Confirm’ to authorize the entrance fee.​

Way too much clicking before even entering, should be 3 clicks OR LESS.
But for BS naysayers just think about how in 6 months this topic/info will be buried and rookie chat will be filled with "how duh i start te battles thingy?"
Only to see the replies of "click here then there then the other then this then that etc"...
yup I predict BS will be real popular! :rolleyes:

Tank u for the video and for sharing Aio :wtg:

Here's a recording of my stream, with a bunch of runs on the battle sim. I think it includes my fastest time too (8:26).

Unfortunately as this is on the EU engine, a lot is left to "chance" - which mobs spawn, how many evades and crits you get during the run... even how some of the evisci move.

Make of it what you will - I'll stream some more tomorrow I guess - check my signature.

EDIT: Fast run (8:28) starts at 1:51:40.

Aio..You are awesome..I can not say that enough..+rep! Thank you for sharing! I wont even try this from my society reviews,is a suck ass novelty. I love your and so much prefer your actual ingame feedback rather than a forum couch feedback,Thank you again.

Last edited:
They did say it was in its infant stage.
I sure hope so, because...
CS:GO players would be interested because of how fast reflexes they have.
Well, how long will you keep playing the same map alone? Yes, exactly. :)
The concept is very good and appealing to skill based players though.
Agreed. But considering the EU playerbase it's a mistake.
Why?
EU in general is not player-skill based at all (or pretty close to zero).
Making an instance inside EU that's a direct opposite is one step too far. You'll never have enough of the required type of players inside EU. For this purely "demographic" reason your mini game will always suffer a niche status. Niche inside the opposite kind of niche, that's one hell of a filter! :D

Soo... Want a recipe that works?
Avoid going to extremes, aim closer to the overall type of player. It's not like you can only do player-skill-based and no-player-skill-required. You can also have a carefully weighed mix.
And I don't mean replace player skill with stupid purely mechanical randomness like evaded shots and lucky crits. No, I mean stuff like using the landscape, figuring out what's the safest route between dynamically changing spawns (and other dynamic obstacles). The first "layer" then becomes finding a tactical solution--you never have enough info and you have to make a decision fast so it's highly likely you'll make a wrong decision (and then you have to go with it and fight it off anyway). Also, there will be risky and quick routes vs safe long way around, stuff like that. Decisions, decisions... not just the mechanical aim-and-shoot all the way. Everyone's equal, everyone has the same gear but the more experience you have the better you'll become... so there's a very real sense of improvement and progress even if you don't get in-game skills. (Although, I don't see why not, you should be able to gain some skills also--proportional to the cost of play).

Anyway, so you'll start with making the tactical plan and the FPS action then becomes the implementation of this plan. The environment is dynamic, the situation keeps changing and so you keep coming back to the tactical level. How will I handle this problem, I need a new plan--and then again you go back to FPS. Keeps it fresh and entertaining. There's many ways to do that but I think that's the general direction one should look for a solution.

Well, at least half the solution...
There is no team work involved
... and here's the another half. Currently there's no team work involved (yet? hopefully?).
Teamwork is not a classical player-skill, but it's definitely not "no player skill required" either. It's, again, a middle ground that makes a good mix for all types of players. If you manage to get the environment and game rules right (which is actually the hardest part and requires a real talent!), it'll be loads of fun that lasts for years and years (as opposed to: dry up a week after release).

To finish on a positive note: :girl:
They did say it was in its infant stage.

Last edited:
Yes, but only if they advertise properly. I bet CS:GO players would be interested because of how fast reflexes they have.

is it really that reflex-based? I gotta try this out immediately

I like the idea, but I could only switch my weapon ONCE and then I was stuck with the useless grenade launcher. during open beta this thing should be free... :mad:

the first attempt definitely should be free. I had no clue what to expect.

... and here's the another half. Currently there's no team work involved (yet? hopefully?).
Teamwork is not a classical player-skill, but it's definitely not "no player skill required" either. It's, again, a middle ground that makes a good mix for all types of players. If you manage to get the environment and game rules right (which is actually the hardest part and requires a real talent!), it'll be loads of fun that lasts for years and years (as opposed to: dry up a week after release).

This reminds me of one of the things that really bothers me about instances in this game. Where are all the other people? Like in Gold Rush for example, a hundred people outside lined up to get in and once inside you see nothing but ugly mobs. There's some things in this game that could be considered strengths and instances IS NOT ONE OF THEM. Persistence is a MAIN DRAW. Somehow the multiplayer in this game is also a draw just because there's people around not necessarily playing or teaming but just because they are there.

Fifth makes another point: the instance is hiding behind two layers of niche obscurity. Why not take it out of the game completely? Battle Simulator would have far more success being a standalone that is accessible from within Entropia Universe.

Maybe consider this avenue after fixing the existing bugs. Like, seriously.

This reminds me of one of the things that really bothers me about instances in this game. Where are all the other people? Like in Gold Rush for example, a hundred people outside lined up to get in and once inside you see nothing but ugly mobs. There's some things in this game that could be considered strengths and instances IS NOT ONE OF THEM. Persistence is a MAIN DRAW. Somehow the multiplayer in this game is also a draw just because there's people around not necessarily playing or teaming but just because they are there.

Fifth makes another point: the instance is hiding behind two layers of niche obscurity. Why not take it out of the game completely? Battle Simulator would have far more success being a standalone that is accessible from within Entropia Universe.

Maybe consider this avenue after fixing the existing bugs. Like, seriously.

If you could link itn to eu, you'd have more eu players and make pieces of EU available on mobile platforms (for as long as it isn't graded as gambling).

Back