Known issue notice regarding the Battle Simulator and Buffs

I did the daily Oratan Payback on Arkadia and upon completing and exiting that instance, I lost all my buffs as well.
It would appear to be an issue with ALL INSTANCES, not just the new Battle Simulator.

I just had the same thing happen after leaving a Gold Rush instance. Had to re-equip my rings to get my buffs back. Although I did NOT lose my Auto Loot or Skill Pill buffs. Only the buffs from my Rings and Armor.

Last edited:
I had 4 attempts in there.

First go was working out how to move around. WASD keys.
By the 4th attempt I almost got to the first timer (which I only realised by watching this guy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k27bxpAr1dE

I didn't come across any ava stuck bugs, although one evisc got stuck in a rock.

Not really a bug, but I think the timers need increasing. That said watching that video, the guy has reactions loads better than mine. I was very impressed with his 17 min time, yet the leaders are doing it in 8 mins...lol....WOW!!!

Don't know how they're managing to kill all the mobs in 8 mins...incredible.

Rick

I don't know why there needs to be timers at all? I mean it's a time trail instance - people are already trying to get a decent time, do we really need an added time limit that ends the instance if you take a tad too long?

At least give players the chance to slowly make their way through at their own pace to have a better chance of looting the crate so that they can recover some of their cost. Should be the option to heal too... I mean why not? Healing slows you down but at least it gives more people a chance to complete the instance which means a better chance to get some return on their entry fee.

That way at least you've still got a chance to complete when you get a bad roll and get hit by multiple mobs with multiple crits.

Bottom line guys... you need to balance this better so the lower end (lesser skilled FPS) players have an easier time at least completing it (leave the time trial aspect to the more skilled) so they continue to cycle peds into it. Right now it's WAAAAYYYY to easy to get 0% return on this (via dying and glitches) - and how long do you think people are gonna keep slamming their nuts in this drawer before they walk away?

Yes, in time with practice people will become more skilled and be able to complete it better. But, do you really think the lower-end players (the majority) are going to invest the time/money into it long enough to gain that skill with with 0% returns (you don't even gain skill) being so likely?

I don't know why there needs to be timers at all? I mean it's a time trail instance - people are already trying to get a decent time, do we really need an added time limit that ends the instance if you take a tad too long?

At least give players the chance to slowly make their way through at their own pace to have a better chance of looting the crate so that they can recover some of their cost. Should be the option to heal too... I mean why not? Healing slows you down but at least it gives more people a chance to complete the instance which means a better chance to get some return on their entry fee.

That way at least you've still got a chance to complete when you get a bad roll and get hit by multiple mobs with multiple crits.

Bottom line guys... you need to balance this better so the lower end (lesser skilled FPS) players have an easier time at least completing it (leave the time trial aspect to the more skilled) so they continue to cycle peds into it. Right now it's WAAAAYYYY to easy to get 0% return on this (via dying and glitches) - and how long do you think people are gonna keep slamming their nuts in this drawer before they walk away?

Yes, in time with practice people will become more skilled and be able to complete it better. But, do you really think the lower-end players (the majority) are going to invest the time/money into it long enough to gain that skill with with 0% returns (you don't even gain skill) being so likely?

The more failures the better this simulator is. The more failures the higher the payout. The timer is already way more then enough time needed. Health should be reduced to 500 as well, it's too easy at the moment.

Also, we need to bring back deterioration and lost ammo for missed shots. The game is becoming too easy for people like you who want everyone to win. If everyone wins no one can win.

WE NEED LOSERS for there to be winners.

Last edited:
The more failures the better this simulator is. The more failures the higher the payout. The timer is already way more then enough time needed. Health should be reduced to 500 as well, it's too easy at the moment.

Also, we need to bring back deterioration and lost ammo for missed shots. The game is becoming too easy for people like you who want everyone to win. If everyone wins no one can win.

Losers are needed, yes. But if you make losers feel like losers, then they are not going to stick around long. The winners will get great payouts for a while, and then things will go south very fast as the majority of the players will stop playing.

There will definitely be winners and losers as some players will definitely be better than others. The trick is to make losers feel like winners, and then they will stick around much longer... and some will just keep playing for entertainment.

I agree that it might be better for there to be no time limit, and that you get a reward so long as you finish. And perhaps, reduce the reward the longer the time the player needs to finish.

There is currently a known issue regarding buffs from rings and armors.

After leaving the Battle Simulator instance buffs from rings and armors will not automatically reapply causing players to be forced to re-equip rings and armor for the buff to apply.

Originally Posted Here

For me, the ring is still equipped but the buffs are not applied. What works is to simply relog. You get the buffs back, the ring is equipped with no additional deterioration. :)

But if you make losers feel like losers, then they are not going to stick around long. The winners will get great payouts for a while, and then things will go south very fast as the majority of the players will stop playing.
Exactly! More than that even: not only will they not stick around long, they possibly won't even give it a new chance after updates. MA may need to provide a free entry token to everybody whenever they make needed tweaks - except they probably won't...
Also, when you write 'great payouts for a while' I think it is more likely to be 'great payouts this time'.

At least it may make life planet-side look tame and more laid back by comparison ;) (which I'm sure suits some of us more...)

One solution to rings and buffs, just relog.
When you come back the buffs reset.

Can I just point out, the reason why the battle sim has been created was a response to the constant complaints about two things: cost to play and boring game play.

You now get a way to play entropia for a maximum cost of 24 ped per hour (assuming 10min runs and never looting the crate).

Secondly, the game has a wider appeal and better advertising potential to non entropia players. Grinding 1000 mobs per session is very 2003 game play (I personally don't have an issue with it; I like entropia for what it is. But you can't possibly argue that this game play appeals to the masses).

A video or stream of the above is even worse... 5 hours of the same auto fire and backup shooting, punctuated by occasional global noises.

Now, yes, the sim is very much fps focused but it does tick the two above boxes. $2.4/hour is cheaaap entertainment. The game play is much improved (watching a fast run is actually interesting).

Can it be more balanced? Possibly. But remember they are doing this in the confines of their own engine - removing damage ranges, evades, will be difficult. First bugfix for me would be to make the dead body timer zero.

Can I just point out, the reason why the battle sim has been created was a response to the constant complaints about two things: cost to play and boring game play.

Also possibly the "Ubers win everything - we cannot compete argument"

I haven't tried the Battle Simulator yet, I was pretty good at Unreal Tournament 2004 back in the day, unfortunately that day was 13 years ago so I might practice on that for a bit before I have a go. :handgun:

Well now MA can rest easy because they accidentally figured out how to make more money from decay on the rings. Now if they can just make it so the rings fall off everytime we log off. Reminds me of the people all walking around in no clothes because MA decides to make entropy decay on them when you take them off. Now it'll be no one will play the stupid battle simulator. Amazing excuse by the way. Known issue my a$$.

This is extremely off topic but the clothing decay really :censored: bothers me. Like why do my shoes come off when I put on foot-guards? Why can't I wear my hat under my vigi helmet? MA should figure out some less disgusting ways to generate profit and improve the economy.

Also possibly the "Ubers win everything - we cannot compete argument"

I'd agree, if it was a genuine argument by those people. Unfortunately in anything MA try, there is a crowd of people who say 'XXX isn't fair because of YYY'.

did some runs and I really think you need to take a look on the evade thing.I think this slows down a lot the whole process.When you hit and run you don't pretty much take a look on the minimap to check if enemy is dead.
Evade or crit doesn't help anyone.In order to develop a strategy in this type of event you need a clear macro plan like learning where targets are , prioritize targets and try to win seconds.Micro plan is to use your shots in the best p ossible way without missing anything and execute everything to perfection.Evades simply ruin both plans and crit doesn't help any of them either.
Its good for pre-alpha simulator stage but you need to improve :)

since this is a 'simulator' I'm assuming it's a bit like a battle prep holodeck type thing... which leads to the question of when and where this instance will be done for 'real' in game? Beacons are nice, Fort incursions are nice, but is all this leading to something 'big' such as installation of Akbal and Cimi and similar locations in space that you can actually travel to and try to invade?

since this is a 'simulator' I'm assuming it's a bit like a battle prep holodeck type thing... which leads to the question of when and where this instance will be done for 'real' in game? Beacons are nice, Fort incursions are nice, but is all this leading to something 'big' such as installation of Akbal and Cimi and similar locations in space that you can actually travel to and try to invade?

Problem is, outside of the simulator, a 10 minute run with those rocket launchers (150dmg, 60apm) will cost 50pec per second.

So for a 10minute run like in the simulator, it would cost 300 ped, not 4 ped.

Should of read this thread before trying it.. I also got stuck, I had plenty time left but no way to get out. I made a support case and hoping they give me a free ticket so I can redo it. So no more until then.

edit:
They where fast to compensate me, dont know how yet didnt see it but will check it later. (next time they wanted screenshots, I better use the record function on my gfx card. ) thx MA

Last edited:
How in the hell you manage to do it? If i am being very careful i run out of time and if i try to speedrun i die in the last room. Are there some health boosts or tips how to do it?

How in the hell you manage to do it? If i am being very careful i run out of time and if i try to speedrun i die in the last room. Are there some health boosts or tips how to do it?

u can clear 90% of the last room without them shooting you if you just stay back at the entrance door and autofire on all stuff there. only the big robot and occasionally some smaller mobs come at you but the boss and the other ranged things dont even shoot back.

I don't agree with this "rob from the less fortunate" mentality. I'm not talking about everyone winning either. Just everyone getting fair value for their money. Not just entertainment wise but also in ped return so they can continue to play/cycle peds

You don't need 1000 people getting 0% return so one person can get 1000% return. When its this much of a loss people walk away. When people get burned they tend to avoid it in the future, not seek it out.

Better to get 20000 people getting 90% return (still losing) to fund the few bigger wins for the long term. Than 1000 people getting 0% to fund a few really big hits for someone once. Economics 101.

It's not that I want Entropia easier and everyone to win either. I want what's best for entropias sustainability. Taking 100% from the bottom 90% to give to the top 0.5% is NOT sustainsble.

Agreed they should have higher/harder levels though for more advanced players wishing to stake more peds per run

Last edited:

Yes, but you forget, if some one ever is loosing, then he will just stop to play and make bad advertising about the game.

So there is a different between some one is loosing a bit, or loosing all the time only. No one like to be a looser.

seriously though finishing the stage is ridiculously easy. after my first 5 goes to test everything out i have made another 20 and finished in every single one of them. you receive 3 ped back each time. except when getting a mini or global or something like that. ive gotten back once 27 ped and once 241 ped. all others are exactly 3 ped. so basically i pay 1 ped per a go and have the chance to loot some more.

I don't agree with this "rob from the less fortunate" mentality. I'm not talking about everyone winning either. Just everyone getting fair value for their money. Not just entertainment wise but also in ped return so they can continue to play/cycle peds

You don't need 1000 people getting 0% return so one person can get 1000% return. When its this much of a loss people walk away. When people get burned they tend to avoid it in the future, not seek it out.

Better to get 20000 people getting 90% return (still losing) to fund the few bigger wins for the long term. Than 1000 people getting 0% to fund a few really big hits for someone once. Economics 101.

It's not that I want Entropia easier and everyone to win either. I want what's best for entropias sustainability. Taking 100% from the bottom 90% to give to the top 0.5% is NOT sustainsble.

Agreed they should have higher/harder levels though for more advanced players wishing to stake more peds per run

This is completely untrue though.

With very little practice, this instance should cost $0.10 per run. Which every single player in the game can afford.

Secondly, there just are not 20000 entropia players. This isn't a pick-up-and-play shooter where you need nothing but a mouse to play.

It's just always the same argument with everything here - "i can't do this because (peds/skill/time/effort) so i want it changed."

i think as well but not confirmed it myself if you have taken a pill , then you lose that pill effect and cant get it back , so if you have say 3 hours left on a pill that pill effect will be gone .

I logged out yesterday after the ark daily and I had eaten a pill. I logged in today to do it again and noticed that my pill I ate yesterday was still running but when I left the instance it was gone as were all the buffs - so its not really gone, a relog will bring it back. To defeat the evil decay bug just relog (yeah thats convenient).

Like Mercer says - these piled up bugs are going to really crash good soon.

It's just always the same argument with everything here - "i can't do this because (peds/skill/time/effort) so i want it changed."

Not the argument at all. The one I'm detecting goes like this: "Why in the hell is MA dev team not focusing on existing bugs and instead coming up with unwanted/unneeded features that everyone knows will compound the existing problems?"

Not the argument at all. The one I'm detecting goes like this: "Why in the hell is MA dev team not focusing on existing bugs and instead coming up with unwanted/unneeded features that everyone knows will compound the existing problems?"

What bugs?

There were a considerable amount of bug fixes this VU, and there have been significant amounts previously also. What bug is stressing you so much you can't enjoy new content?

What bugs?

Just to name 3 that have been around for years:

1. Terminal/mouse behaviour. Open TT, Repair, or Storage, and mouse becomes a pointer. It doesn't when opening Crafting (stays in movement).
  2. TP-to-LA-for-Event This feature does not work for at least one land area (OLA42). (Just goes to show that even if you spend THOUSANDS in upgrades, MA don't give a shit about bugs & annoyances).
  3. Event scoreboard accuracy. At the end of an event, the top 10 scoreboard does NOT refresh to reflect the actual standings.

And I have no doubt there are dozens that are yet to be discovered or reported -- such as the pet buff "decrease regen" which was only "discovered" when Monria released the leprechaun pet.

Yeah... dam those sons of bitches for wanting equality/equal opportunity regardless of personal limitations. I'm FOR equality (here and IRL) but I still find it kinda funny to see a woman complaining about people looking for equality when it wasn't so long ago women were saying "we can't meet the physical requirements of firemen so we want it changed so we can do it AND we want the same pay TOO!" not to mention today being International Womans Day - it's just a priceless statement on your behalf LMFAO

Look, this is not just some personal issue/gripe. I can handle the instance just fine (despite it's severe shortcomings that I made clear in this thread), and I've already completed it a number times. However, unlike a seemingly large % of the Entropia population I can empathize with the rest of the player base (including new or poor players) and help fight for issues that have an impact beyond my own pedcard.

Too many people have the mentality that either the opinion of a 1 month old noob with no globals isn't worth shit or the mentality that "It's not a problem for me, so why the fuck should I care about you? Get better or get lost!".

Entropia is a community. And if we want this game to be around in another 10+ years we all need to work together on what's best for the entire community and sustainability of Entropia as a whole (not just what's best for our own pedcards today). This includes finding a happy balance between the rich and poor, old and new, skilled and unskilled. Entropia should be for everyone not just the super rich or super skilled.

Not saying everyone needs to make profit here regardless of skills or investment - but everyone should at least be able to stretch their dollar for the most hours or entertainment possible by means of getting SOME return so the peds can be cycled.

Fact is, some people are just unable to complete that instance as it's too easy for them to lose (via timeout, death, bad damage rolls from mobs, glitches...etc) getting a 0% return. And while 4 peds may not seem like anything to some, for a noob that sweats for their play money or can only afford to deposit $5 a month that's a LOT (or everything).

Anyways, these people will give up after trying and failing a number of times and will avoid it in the future and will recommend to others that they avoid it as well which means less ped being cycled into it which means less prizes for the highly competitive. Which means this will be yet another complete waste of money and resources for MA.

<some absolute drivel>

To compare your own petty grievances to the feminist movement is both idiotic and insulting.

Equality is not about making everyone the same, it is about providing opportunity, or, more pertinently, not denying opportunity to those who deserve it.

To compare your own petty grievances to the feminist movement is both idiotic and insulting.

Equality is not about making everyone the same, it is about providing opportunity, or, more pertinently, not denying opportunity to those who deserve it.

HA HA can sure tell who is on the LEFT and who is on the right nowadays! Just by what they are saying.

Back