Known issue notice regarding the Battle Simulator and Buffs

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
There is currently a known issue regarding buffs from rings and armors.

After leaving the Battle Simulator instance buffs from rings and armors will not automatically reapply causing players to be forced to re-equip rings and armor for the buff to apply.

This will be fixed for the coming patch to this Version Update.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

It should also be noted that you can't enter the instance from "the Hub" on cyrene, you won't get any weapons in the instance if you do.

There is also no way to submit a support ticket or teleport to a non-existent revive in the case of getting stuck in the geometry.

Zoned in stuck in rock...only way is to quit game and come back to wherever you were 4 PED poorer.

Beware.

Well now MA can rest easy because they accidentally figured out how to make more money from decay on the rings. Now if they can just make it so the rings fall off everytime we log off. Reminds me of the people all walking around in no clothes because MA decides to make entropy decay on them when you take them off. Now it'll be no one will play the stupid battle simulator. Amazing excuse by the way. Known issue my a$$.

It should also be noted that you can't enter the instance from "the Hub" on cyrene, you won't get any weapons in the instance if you do.

There is also no way to submit a support ticket or teleport to a non-existent revive in the case of getting stuck in the geometry.

Zoned in stuck in rock...only way is to quit game and come back to wherever you were 4 PED poorer.

Beware.

I have notified the dev team, they will look into it. Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the reply, I sent support cases, tried again, fell thru the floor. Do appreciate the feedback though.

If you expect people to bug test your game why not make it free to play until people are confident not to get screwed?

I gave it a shot , if your into like a quake simulator and can do simple dodging then you might like this , however I found my RSI creeping in so cant and wont do this anymore.

If you expect people to bug test your game why not make it free to play until people are confident not to get screwed?

This :wise:

I gave it a shot , if your into like a quake simulator and can do simple dodging then you might like this , however I found my RSI creeping in so cant and wont do this anymore.

What's an RSI creeping, and where had you left it?

Did not encounter any problems here :) Had fun, needed 2 tries to finish tho!

Yup just as I suspected....

Interesting concept completely ruined by their ineptitude of forethought.

As I said before, since everything is the same each run once people run through this a few time to figure out the best strategy and path this thing will boil down to nothing more than who is lucky enough to get the least evades, most criticals and highest damage rolls in a single run. I give it a 3 weeks before 95% of the player base loses interest. Which will drop the weekly prizes to nothing and the remaining 5% will lose interest too.

A few suggestions:

• Disable mobs evading and criticals - or at the very least remove it from the turrets I mean how the hell does a STATIONARY turret EVADE a shot??? Magically grows legs and steps out of the way?
  • Remove the random damage range and have it a fixed damage amount per shot. In a skill based event let's do away with as much of the random luck BS as possible here.
  • Turrets and mobs should disappear once destroyed. As it stands it's not clear which turrets are still active and which have been destroyed.

MA maybe next time instead of wasting all development resources on shit NO ONE ASKED FOR you actually invest some time fixing and implementing the shit people want.

Last edited:
Did a few runs, I got stuck in the terrain twice and couldn't finish and got murdered by lag once (literally, mobs hit me but the gun doesn't work and can't move).

Also, this is why you fix bugs asap instead of letting them pile up. Hitboxes are still total shit, sometimes you clearly hit them with the rocket, the explosion triggers and all but no damage or evade is registered.

And as others have said, if you release something like this at least make it free while you debug it...

Not the best experience to be honest, hopefully you can fix things for next Tuesday.

i think as well but not confirmed it myself if you have taken a pill , then you lose that pill effect and cant get it back , so if you have say 3 hours left on a pill that pill effect will be gone .

Are you confident running instances on other planets after what, +2 years now?

We are the bug hunters, have to report bugs, and pay $0.4 per run to be a bug hunter.
Nice done!

Reactions: Mac
Make Project Entropia Project Entropia Again! :yay:

We are the bug hunters, have to report bugs, and pay $0.4 per run to be a bug hunter.
Nice done!

& Then we realise that a year later, that bug still isn't fixed :D

What's an RSI creeping, and where had you left it?

He probably means repetitive strain injury.

In financial markets however, "RSI creeping" would mean "it's becoming overbought", hence my first thought was like "wait, what, already?". :laugh:

Last edited:
This is a great concept. I agree on the evade thing.. also you may notice that spawns of mob r not always the same. Now it will be about knowing best method not to waste time. Good luck everyone. I dont mind losing that ped per run untill hitting the fat one.

I don't like the concept of paying for the right to beta test new stuff.
We should all raise a hell every time MA tries to push us down this path.
We should just boycott any such fully paid half-released features. Too bad we're not organized enough to do that. :/

Otherwise we'll eventually end up with the whole game in the "permanent beta state"... O wait, we're already there. :laugh:

lol no not Relative Strength Index .

put simply this makes both my left arm and my right wrist ache so I have to stop.

There is currently a known issue regarding buffs from rings and armors.

After leaving the Battle Simulator instance buffs from rings and armors will not automatically reapply causing players to be forced to re-equip rings and armor for the buff to apply.

I did the daily Oratan Payback on Arkadia and upon completing and exiting that instance, I lost all my buffs as well.
It would appear to be an issue with ALL INSTANCES, not just the new Battle Simulator.

So basically it stops whenever you think "wtf?":

You won't be able to use this to browse forums. :yup:

This is just a taste of what's in the pipeline!

I presume eventually the information my government will allow/want me to consume will be beamed directly into my head and I won't need/want/desire to "browse."

Because from past experience they are aware that people will pay to bug test it, so why should they make it free? They only care about making money, a company after all. :)

Yup just as I suspected....

Interesting concept completely ruined by their ineptitude of forethought.

As I said before, since everything is the same each run once people run through this a few time to figure out the best strategy and path this thing will boil down to nothing more than who is lucky enough to get the least evades, most criticals and highest damage rolls in a single run. I give it a 3 weeks before 95% of the player base loses interest. Which will drop the weekly prizes to nothing and the remaining 5% will lose interest too.

A few suggestions:

• Disable mobs evading and criticals - or at the very least remove it from the turrets I mean how the hell does a STATIONARY turret EVADE a shot??? Magically grows legs and steps out of the way?
  • Remove the random damage range and have it a fixed damage amount per shot. In a skill based event let's do away with as much of the random luck BS as possible here.
  • Turrets and mobs should disappear once destroyed. As it stands it's not clear which turrets are still active and which have been destroyed.

MA maybe next time instead of wasting all development resources on shit NO ONE ASKED FOR you actually invest some time fixing and implementing the shit people want.

definitely agree with everything. i mean u cant even see if the turret is still alive after shooting it 6 times just to need to go back and and see it had 1 hp left because it evaded 4 times and the last 2 shots didnt do enough dmg to kill. ridiculous.

I did the daily Oratan Payback on Arkadia and upon completing and exiting that instance, I lost all my buffs as well.
It would appear to be an issue with ALL INSTANCES, not just the new Battle Simulator.

same happened to me. Also do not take any pills before BS as they go poof as well. Lost 8 hours from an augmented loot pill.

I had 4 attempts in there.

First go was working out how to move around. WASD keys.
By the 4th attempt I almost got to the first timer (which I only realised by watching this guy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k27bxpAr1dE

I didn't come across any ava stuck bugs, although one evisc got stuck in a rock.

Not really a bug, but I think the timers need increasing. That said watching that video, the guy has reactions loads better than mine. I was very impressed with his 17 min time, yet the leaders are doing it in 8 mins...lol....WOW!!!

Don't know how they're managing to kill all the mobs in 8 mins...incredible.

Rick

Back