Battle Simulator Released

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]Battle Simulator Released![/h]The Battle Simulator is now available to play!

[h=3]Train your Combat Skills — Defend Entropia Universe![/h]The Entropia Universe Battle Simulator is a time-trial assault course. Exterminate all robot enemies and finish as fast as you can!

[h=3]Equal Playing Field[/h]
Battle Simulator runs are performed using a premade avatar with standardized skills, weapons and armor. Ammo consumption and deterioration are disabled. Additionally, all buffs are paused while inside the Battle Simulator instance.

[h=3]How to Get Started[/h]The Battle Simulator can be accessed anywhere in Entropia Universe:
  1. Click the ‘Event List’ action from the Action Library.!
  2. Select ‘Global Instances’ from the Event Areas listing on the left side.
  3. Double-click ‘Battle Simulator’ in the central window, then click the ‘Register’ button and ‘Confirm’ to authorize the entrance fee.

[h=3]Win Prizes![/h]
Loot Crate for Completion
Completing the Battle Simulator course gives access to a special loot crate. Unclaimed loot from other participants’ uncompleted runs may also increase the total value of the loot crate.!
Completion times will be entered into the Battle Simulator weekly leaderboard, where participants compete for additional rewards (see the “Leaderboard” section below).
Be on the lookout for the occasional message at the start of each run announcing extra bonus loot for completing the instance!

[h=3]Leaderboard[/h]
Viewing the Leaderboard
You can view the current leaderboard by pressing the ‘Scores’ button opposite the ‘Register’ button in the Event List interface (see above).

Checking Times on the Leaderboard
Only each participant’s best time is recorded on the leaderboard. To view a participant’s time, hover over the participant’s name or picture in the leaderboard.

Prize Pool
A portion of each Battle Simulator entry fee is added to the leaderboard prize pool; the current value of the prize pool can be viewed on the leaderboard display. Prizes are distributed using a dynamic payout structure: the more runs attempted, the more positions that will receive a prize and the larger the prize values. At the end of the week (midnight on Sundays, UTC) leaderboard prizes are delivered to the planet storage of each winner’s current avatar location, along with a confirmation message sent via the Message Center.

A symbol directly under a participant’s ranking number indicates that the participant will receive a prize for their current leaderboard position. Hover over the symbol to see the current prize value.

‘Time until reward’ indicates the time remaining until leaderboard prizes are awarded. Note that the Battle Simulator will close one hour before this time. Participants currently in the Battle Simulator after closing will be permitted to finish their run.

[h=3]Notes[/h]
  • Planet Partner revenue sharing is determined by the location of a participant’s avatar when entering the Battle Simulator instance.
  • In cases where a Battle Simulator run is interrupted due to a technical issue or server disruption, the entrance fee will be refunded automatically.

New to Entropia Universe? Check out our Beginner’s Guide.
Don’t have an account? Make an Entropia Universe Account

Originally Posted Here

Looks nice, good job :wise:

Looks shit, bad job :wise:

I'm sure you can do better but its a good start.
Keep up the good work :)

This thing seems well hidden, how do I get into it?
Ok found it, that is waaay to many clicks :)

Tried twice, and failed miserably both times. Still it was fun :)
I think i made it to the final zone on second attempt though, so maybe there is hope for me yet :yay:

Had three attempts and failed to get past the second level. I think it's too difficult for me with the restricted movement I have in my left hand, and though I guess with practice I might be able to complete it, there's no way I'd be able to do it quick enough to get a good leaderboard position. I'll give it more of a try but it looks like this one is not for me.

Just reading Oleg post. Everyone uses a mouse in EU right?

Just wondering if EU or this simulator works with a joystick.

Rick

It was ok until I was being hit by energy balls with nothing around, taking in the 80's per hit....:laugh:

You will be able to complete it without a mouse (and/or good aiming & movement) but you'll not get near the top.

It's completely DM-FPS based, like Quake, Doom, etc. with a bit of EU randomness added (evade shots, crit hits).

Also, having done around 50 runs, I now have some lovely RSI in my knuckles!

Just reading Oleg post. Everyone uses a mouse in EU right?

Just wondering if EU or this simulator works with a joystick.

Rick

For this you'll need to use keys for movement and weapon switching - keys 1, 2 and 3 which can't be remapped as far as I can tell. It would help me a bit if they could but it would still be too difficult I think.

When I enter all my icons are gone. Is this right?

I can't switch weapons, isn't there 3 different ones? Or is it a dif weapon per stage?

I can't switch weapons, isn't there 3 different ones? Or is it a dif weapon per stage?

Buttons 1 through 3 Wil switch the gun from a rocket launcher, grenade launcher and snare gun.

Got it thanks. A bit of lag I guess was screwing me up

Anyone have a video with this instance?

For this you'll need to use keys for movement and weapon switching - keys 1, 2 and 3 which can't be remapped as far as I can tell. It would help me a bit if they could but it would still be too difficult I think.

With some advanced gaming mauses alowing binding keyboard keys as aletrnate with activation triger as movement in XY axis it is possible to aim /shot with mouse and perform movement ( while holding alternate /bind button on mouse ) with same device.

For EU client this will not differ from using mouse and keyboard.

That way you can move aim and shoot with one device ( mouse ) and one hand only.

Also, having done around 50 runs, I now have some lovely RSI in my knuckles!

I'm sorry for the noob question, but what is "RSI"?
And another one: From what i see (thanks for your videos), there is a fixed loss of minimum 1 PED (if you finish the run).
What will be the stimulus for the slow (old) peoples like me, to even try this, if the loss is guaranteed? How often you can expect "a spetial loot"?
Please do not laugh, ask really.

I'm sorry for the noob question, but what is "RSI"?
And another one: From what i see (thanks for your videos), there is a fixed loss of minimum 1 PED (if you finish the run).
What will be the stimulus for the slow (old) peoples like me, to even try this, if the loss is guaranteed? How often you can expect "a spetial loot"?

RSI = Repetitive strain injury, but really it is like arthritis in your knuckles from the tension in your hands while playing.

A regular run is 4ped in, 3ped out. But sometimes you get an announcement at the start, saying "Your luck is in, complete the instance to receive your reward". This is an announcement that you are getting a multiplier of 3ped - lowest is 6ped, but I had 450ped in one crate.

For those who can't compete with the best times, no worries, just slowly complete the instances and you will loot batsim guns and sometimes have a chance of a high loot :girl:

Even if I die in the last boss room because I suck at fast-paced FPS, losing 4 ped for approximately 15 minutes of play is the
most fun for least cost in all of Entropia!
Especially if you compare to recent hunting runs where I've been losing 400ped per hour...

Back