My Impression of the New Battle-Simulator

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
So first of all i have to say i like the idea and i think the course itself is quite okay. It is funny, but i think there should be a few tweaks / changes. I think the course itself in its difficulty is okay, the timer for the different stages is long enough - short enough. The difficulty in a competitive time trial course isnt made by the course itself but rather by the other players competing over it anyway so this can stay the same.

Now to the bad stuff... Well... there is quite a bit that needs improvement. Ill start with the most important stuff first.
It is a time trial course that is aiming at players who like competitive fps stuff. Yes, the skills and equipment are the same and that is good but there is too much other stuff that makes luck a too big factor.
1. Remove evades and crits. This is by far the most annoying thing right now. you know you will most likely need 2 shots to kill a turret. i usually hit it 3 times and if i see an evade in there i do a 4th or 5th shot. but often enough i do 6 shots directly on target, got a good clearing speed overall just to see at the checkpoint, that one fucking turret at start is still alive with 1 hp because 2 hits werent enough and the other 4 shots were evades... this has nothing to do with competitive anymore and is just pure luck.
2. we are asking for hitboxes fixes since t he beginning of time. i often enough have a hard time hitting something that is very close to me, even those huge ass boss robots, because rockets just keep flying through the model into nirvana. make the box at least as big as the creep because its really fucking annoying when one of those things is on you and you shoot like 10 times just to see 5 evades and another 5 going through the model.
3. a competitive style gamemode needs clairvoyance. enemys should have some kind of marker on them when they are alive, like a red square or whatever which goes away when killed, or even better, just instantly remove the model when a mob is killed. especially in the last room with all those mobs i sometimes cant even see the other enemys because corpses are blocking the sight.
4. to remove luck even further, make all weapons do the same damage on each shot. this is not 100% necessary but it would add to a more skill based mode.
5. PLEASE MAKE JUMP ON SPACE AND NOT E. i cant stress this enough... there is not a single fucking fps that makes u jump on e... its the space key in basically 99% of games. so when pressing space out of habit it changes to cursor mode which fucks you over big time. or just let us remap the keys ourselves. also i dont know if i missed it or it just doesnt work but do you need to claim the loot chest with first changing to cursor mode and then clicking it? i havent found a key to activate it from aim mode and this should be changed if there is no key for it.

last but not least i forgot to mention the heal. i think its a good addition and i like that it is a little off the main path. for someone who tries to make a fast clear he cant take it because the time loss is too much. this leaves the heal for players who just wanne finish the course or for someone who sees that the run is already fucked up.
maybe im missing something but that is my opinion up until now after roughly 15 runs.

edit: dont know how correct this is but it seems that about 2.5 pec from each run go into the jackpot price pool. there were just about 62000 tickets sold and a price pool of roughly 1650 ped.

Last edited:
Just to mention one good thing about the evades/crits:
You need to react to what is happening.

Without crits/evades and flat dmg on gun this would be just practise and redo, find out fastes moving path, becoming human aimbot. But how it is like now you need to react to what is happening during your run. You cant just do the exact same thing like the run before. Yes, I curse those evades myself when doing it. But looking at it with a little distance I think they are good.

About Hit-boxes: Well I like that those are not just squares. When they get close, just hit the ground
#protip

I totally agree with jump on space. Especially when walking sideways its so anoying to jump with E!!

I think the ticket amount was allways that number. Maybe total EU accounts atm? ;)

well yes, it adds variance to the game mode but an actual speed run lives from repetition. thats why i would vote to remove it...
and the ticket number was 300 lower a few minutes before i posted so no idea if it varies or if its correct

Jump on space is default from few VU's I think
And you can always make it as you wish.

another thing to add: at my last run i nearly got killed by 2 eviscs that were unreachable but able to damage me for a solid 30 seconds...

Jump on space is default from few VU's I think
And you can always make it as you wish.

looks like u havent played the battle sim... i have it on space per default... but the game mode changes it to E for whatever reason and u have no access to any mapping tools to change it

looks like u havent played the battle sim... i have it on space per default... but the game mode changes it to E for whatever reason and u have no access to any mapping tools to change it

Have you tried mapping it on your keyboard map * , before entering BS?

Sadly I don't have time for BS. I guess they will fix it soon then. Also after the first 2-3 years playing EU I stopped jumping. Looks like it doesn't makes the enemies miss more.

Also, there are several guns but you only need to rocket launcher.
Would also be cool with a railgun or sniper of sort without area dmg.

If your going to make Quake, you need a railgun!

also i dont know if i missed it or it just doesnt work but do you need to claim the loot chest with first changing to cursor mode and then clicking it? i havent found a key to activate it from aim mode and this should be changed if there is no key for it.

I think you can right-click the chest in the end to loot it while in aim-mode.

Where is the heal? Finished it 3 times but did not found any ..

I think it is about half way through, and off to the left and just appears as another waypoint on screen

Where is the heal? Finished it 3 times but did not found any ..

At the big room where you kill a big warlock (the first one you encounter, not the final boss room) you have to go left once the door opens instead of right (there is a turret in front of you when the door opens, and two more turrets to the right). Also there is a marker that says "heal" or something like that, besides the regular one for the main objective.

Not hard to spot and the detour only takes like 3-4 seconds away from your run.

Sadly I don't have time for BS. I guess they will fix it soon then. Also after the first 2-3 years playing EU I stopped jumping. Looks like it doesn't makes the enemies miss more.

Jumping works for the hitbox! I'm curious to know if anyone in the known universe actually plays this game in First Person anyways. And oh boy do I hope MA is not going to try VR with this BS pos

Also, there are several guns but you only need to rocket launcher.
Would also be cool with a railgun or sniper of sort without area dmg.

If your going to make Quake, you need a railgun!

I always preferred the flak / flechette cannon from UT with the tri load seeking alt fire on the rocket launcher a close second :evilking:

Single jump is pointless in most games, most of the time it's only used because it was faster than running in CS I guess people are still using. Double jump or the double tap movement key would be an admission they were ripping off something else.

I'm going to wait until the weekend before trying.

Last edited:
I prefer it on e. Always played that way. You don't need to jumpark anyways

I mainly play in first person in real entropia, and I use e to jump. Guess I'm old school :confused::confused:

Furthermore, has anyone used any weapon effectively in this instance besides the rocket launcher (1)? The grenade launcher (2) is piss slow and delayed explosion so it makes it incredibly hard to aim and feels slower to kill stuff than rocket launcher, and the rifle? (3) hits like a wet noodle.

Furthermore, has anyone used any weapon effectively in this instance besides the rocket launcher (1)? The grenade launcher (2) is piss slow and delayed explosion so it makes it incredibly hard to aim and feels slower to kill stuff than rocket launcher, and the rifle? (3) hits like a wet noodle.

(1) main weapon
(2) yes, I use is mostly for the group of small bots, pretty good stuff, takes about two shots with the nades to kill off, can use weapon (1) as finisher.
(3) I think it's supposed to slow or freeze mobs, I don't use it, feels like a waste of time.

Jumping works for the hitbox! I'm curious to know if anyone in the known universe actually plays this game in First Person anyways. And oh boy do I hope MA is not going to try VR with this BS pos

Yes, I only play in 1st person (always have, always will).

I mainly play in first person in real entropia, and I use e to jump. Guess I'm old school :confused::confused:

Negatory.

(1) = 160max, 60 reload

(2) = 300max, 30 reload

(3) = 30max, 60 reload

tell me which you gonna use ;) even without the hard to aim issues with grenades.

another addition: id like to have a timer that shows me my actual run time for that run so i can see if im doing better or worse per stage comparing to others without having to maths it out at the end of each stage.

No sadly we mostly have trolls on the forums these days who haven't played in years. I was kind of laughing at that second remark as well :)

I'm currently wondering how people are getting those 7 minute runs while the best I can do is around 11.

I'm currently wondering how people are getting those 7 minute runs while the best I can do is around 11.

my best is 8:56 now and ive done about 25 BS runs. first of all you need the least amount of missed shots possible, which is kinda hard sometimes as you need to aim above close targets instead of directly on them for whatever reason (hitboxes op MA) and then u just need to run. focus turrets first and moving mobs later. best is if you dont need the heal as that takes away approx 10 seconds

First person is the most efficient way.
I personally don't understand how you can play in third person unless you like to admire surroundings or your ass.

First person is the most efficient way.
I personally don't understand how you can play in third person unless you like to admire surroundings or your ass.

why is the normal hunting in first person more efficient?when you dont do starfe hunting it doesnt matter a single bit, apart from the few mobs where auto shoot doesnt work properly due to fucked up hitboxes i cant see any kind of difference.

why is the normal hunting in first person more efficient?when you dont do starfe hunting it doesnt matter a single bit, apart from the few mobs where auto shoot doesnt work properly due to fucked up hitboxes i cant see any kind of difference.

... the few mobs where auto shoot doesnt work properly due to fucked up hitboxes...
this one, and it`s not only a few
then you can also shoot with ranged weapons from a slightly higher distance in first person mode (manually, NOT autoshoot / autoaim)
then a few other things...

this one, and it`s not only a few
then you can also shoot with ranged weapons from a slightly higher distance in first person mode (manually, NOT autoshoot / autoaim)
then a few other things...

well sure the range is a little bit higher BUT you need to hit with every single shot when not auto attacking. if u miss once it doesnt cost ammo but it does make the range gained obsolete.

next thing is maybe the mob can attack once more when autoattacking in third person due to the lower range but when the mob hits u with every 5th attack, that means u get hit 1 extra time per 5 mobs. and i think with select next target and autofire you can cycle a lot faster in third person.

made 15 BS stuck 3 times , the others .... made me crazy , cannot aim a fucking mob good, the projectils are going thru them , damn .... i lose 2 minutes trying to kill the mobs that are bugged or i miss 20 hits

Back