My Impression of the New Battle-Simulator

made 15 BS stuck 3 times , the others .... made me crazy , cannot aim a fucking mob good, the projectils are going thru them , damn .... i lose 2 minutes trying to kill the mobs that are bugged or i miss 20 hits

i didnt get suck once... where do u get stuck?
and try to aim a little above the mobs. that seems to work for whatever reason.

i didnt get suck once... where do u get stuck?
and try to aim a little above the mobs. that seems to work for whatever reason.

Now to explain exactly, after I took the regenerate pill , passed the bridge go left and its that enter door with green bariers , once I get stuck in that entrance in the right wall , and twice I fall in the ground before entrance with half of body outside but couldn't jump. So logged out . But still I managed to make 8 minutes once but a last hydra with half hp killed me.... in so noob :yay:
P.S. hope that you understand where is the place where I got stuck and fall

yea i understand the walls in that entrance are a bit buggy.... though ive been able to go right through them without any getting stuck... id say im lucky but evades and damage tell otherwise...i wont ever beat my 8:56

and seriously though the hitboxes are a fucking joke. the hitbox of the small ones is about a third of their size and the hitbox of the big mechas is about a tenth of their size... all shots not going directly on their head will just go right through them... so buggy...

i guess until the evades are gone i wont play it anymore. its just too frustrating when having a really good time, very good aim, just to come to a point where a mob evades 4 times in a row and then gets hit by min damage twice and then is too close to be able to hit it, as mobs that are very close are impossible to hit directly so you need to aim to the ground and then it gets like 10% damage. just ridiculous.

i guess until the evades are gone i wont play it anymore. its just too frustrating when having a really good time, very good aim, just to come to a point where a mob evades 4 times in a row and then gets hit by min damage twice and then is too close to be able to hit it, as mobs that are very close are impossible to hit directly so you need to aim to the ground and then it gets like 10% damage. just ridiculous.

Thanks to everyone testing in prod for us though! I might try it once most of the bugs get worked out.

Yeah the evade stuff is just ridiculous but I can understand the misses on mobs , they followed the pattern from the game ... but turrets that evade , a non moving target that evade your attack is just shit.and the last stage where is the loot crate without space for moving , left lava , right lava , if you stay at that entrance you are 99% dead.even if they will fix the bugs they need to rethink the map a little bit in some places.
My 2 and a half pecs

The randomness won't leave, it's the EU engine. Unless they remove evades in the main game (won't happen) then they will stay in the sim. There is a way to plan or compensate for them by manipulating the mobs, of course if you're unlucky and get 4 in a row then it will make you slower. But it's not exactly expensive to run (1ped).

Yeah the evade stuff is just ridiculous but I can understand the misses on mobs , they followed the pattern from the game ... but turrets that evade , a non moving target that evade your attack is just shit.and the last stage where is the loot crate without space for moving , left lava , right lava , if you stay at that entrance you are 99% dead.even if they will fix the bugs they need to rethink the map a little bit in some places.
My 2 and a half pecs

You can easily avoid the fire in the end room. Clear the mobs around the edges then the warlock is easily dodgeable.

The randomness won't leave, it's the EU engine. Unless they remove evades in the main game (won't happen) then they will stay in the sim. There is a way to plan or compensate for them by manipulating the mobs, of course if you're unlucky and get 4 in a row then it will make you slower. But it's not exactly expensive to run (1ped).

You can easily avoid the fire in the end room. Clear the mobs around the edges then the warlock is easily dodgeable.

they could just add an item with a hit rate buff giving you 10% more hit rate thus removing evades. then it would remain the same in the main game. and if not remove evades at least remove the damage range so i always know how many hits i need

Thanks to everyone testing in prod for us though! I might try it once most of the bugs get worked out.

Haha I thought I was funny! You rock!

they could just add an item with a hit rate buff giving you 10% more hit rate thus removing evades. then it would remain the same in the main game. and if not remove evades at least remove the damage range so i always know how many hits i need

You're still asking to do things which are impossible with the game.

All guns have a damage range of 0.5-1.0x their maximum damage. Hitrate is "maxed" at 10.0 HA, 90% hitrate. Evades are not misses.

You're still asking to do things which are impossible with the game.

All guns have a damage range of 0.5-1.0x their maximum damage. Hitrate is "maxed" at 10.0 HA, 90% hitrate. Evades are not misses.

dude. its just a buff. i could argue the crit rate is 10/10 as well but its not capped at the 2% base crit chance is it? so its obvious they could so the same. and the damage range is just added in a table of the weapon stats. its not that hard to make a gun thats different. if they wanted they could do it easily. just mod a game once and you will see that lots of stuff is possible with a few changes in a few item tables.

dude. its just a buff. i could argue the crit rate is 10/10 as well but its not capped at the 2% base crit chance is it? so its obvious they could so the same. and the damage range is just added in a table of the weapon stats. its not that hard to make a gun thats different. if they wanted they could do it easily. just mod a game once and you will see that lots of stuff is possible with a few changes in a few item tables.

It's not a buff, as everything else is increasing a rate (0.02 base x 2 modifier for example). Hitrate is at it's max... you can't increase a max from its max.

Secondly, it's not modding. It's coded that an item's damage is set as X in the table, and the code does the rest for the dmg ranges.

Check any weapon, it's never different from 0.5-1.0.

I'm tired of arguing. Submit a support case if you want it changed.

Recorded! We'll wait for you to regroup before we post anything.

It's not a buff, as everything else is increasing a rate (0.02 base x 2 modifier for example). Hitrate is at it's max... you can't increase a max from its max.

Secondly, it's not modding. It's coded that an item's damage is set as X in the table, and the code does the rest for the dmg ranges.

Check any weapon, it's never different from 0.5-1.0.

sorry but you are not making any sense. HR and CC are working the exact same. base crit chance at 0/10 is 0% but base hit rate at 0/10 is not 0%. they are both just increasing a rate so you can just add a buff. i dont know why u dont understand that?

sorry but you are not making any sense. HR and CC are working the exact same. base crit chance at 0/10 is 0% but base hit rate at 0/10 is not 0%. they are both just increasing a rate so you can just add a buff. i dont know why u dont understand that?

You're not making any sense. Aio was very clear.

ah well. i didnt know you two know the source code of the game. sorry then.

One last time...

Critical hits work like this. CH = 2% base, focus blow adds %. The maximum buff here is 98.0 focus blow, which would give 100% CH (every shot is a critical). You cannot go higher than every shot being a critical hit, so this is a maximum buff.

Regular hit works like this: HR gives a chance to hit between 70% and 90% (each % is 0.5 HR, so you actually start at 78% now). Once you get to 10.0, this is 90%, which is the maximum. You cannot go higher than every shot being a hit in this formula.

Evades are then added on to make the other 10%. They are not part of the hit formula so therefore would not be affected by any buff on your hitrate.

Evades are part of the game code, which would need to be changed for there to be no evades in batsim. But then there would be no evades in the regular game.

You could have 10000.0 HR and you'd get 90% hits, 10% evade, just like if you had 10000.0 CR, you would get 100% criticals.

Are we clear?

Evades are part of the game code, which would need to be changed for there to be no evades in batsim. But then there would be no evades in the regular game.

obviously you don't know how state systems work in game programming. States let you swap out parts of code in the main loop depending on circumstances ocuuring in the game. Making it vary easy to change how core mechanics work in an instance without touching the regular game.

Though, considering how often unrelated bugs pop up when they try to fix something, my guess is the game is just built on spagetti string code and deosn't use standard coding practices like state machines.

In regards to the original post I agree with everything said. Hell I saw that stuff as a problem and asked them to fix it when they first announced the battlesim.

obviously you don't know how state systems work in game programming. States let you swap out parts of code in the main loop depending on circumstances ocuuring in the game. Making it vary easy to change how core mechanics work in an instance without touching the regular game.

Though, considering how often unrelated bugs pop up when they try to fix something, my guess is the game is just built on spagetti string code and deosn't use standard coding practices like state machines.

So, this comment can be completely disregarded then? As we know instances are just "overlays" on the real game world, evidenced so by people being able to apply their own items in the instance.

So what I'm saying is completely correct.

For fucks sake.

So, this comment can be completely disregarded then? As we know instances are just "overlays" on the real game world, evidenced so by people being able to apply their own items in the instance.

For fucks sake.

fact is: none of us know how it is programmed. it could be incredibly easy or it could be impossible. we just dont know.

For fucks sake.

Once again you completely miss the point. You're just rambling on stating how you think the hit formula works as fact and shutting the ideas of others down saying "it's impossible". Like MA can't edit the source code without making those changes apply globally in the game. You may be right about how the hit formula works in general but you're wrong about it being impossible to change only in instances.

...but whatever, you're "completely correct". :handjob:

Rather than shutting down everyone else's ideas... what's YOUR idea for fixing these issues?

Rather than shutting down everyone else's ideas... what's YOUR idea for fixing these issues?

Thats Mindark's job.

If anyone has any good suggestions, maybe send it via a support case - they do read them, and act upon some of them quite quickly when need be. :)

Interesting....:scratch2::scratch2:

Anyways, you'd think that a company running this "Virtual Reality" Real Cash Economy game would be able to do something as simple as making instances run a lot smoother..There are games that have 20% of the budget MA has and still pull shit like that off a lot better.

Haven't had a chance to try the battle sim (and don't really want to), but I'm curious, how are the skill gains?

Haven't had a chance to try the battle sim (and don't really want to), but I'm curious, how are the skill gains?

No skill gains, but you are compensated in that (nearly) every run gives a 20% 1hr skill pill, so that for an hour of batsim you should get 5 hours of 20%, equal to 1 hour of 100%, or the hour that you missed.

Tried it once, it was fun !

Thanks for the effort making it MA, I hope it didn't took to much development time.
I hate time constraints stuff, so now looking forward to a release with other functionality.

Atami

No skill gains, but you are compensated in that (nearly) every run gives a 20% 1hr skill pill, so that for an hour of batsim you should get 5 hours of 20%, equal to 1 hour of 100%, or the hour that you missed.

Interesting. The 50% Pills on the web shop are about 4 PED each via the reload pack, iirc.

So 5 runs of the BSim, assuming ~90% return = 2 PED loss for one 100% Skill Boost (theoretical 8 PED value).

Again, I've got no idea what the average returns are, but I should hope they round out at around 90% assuming you aren't completely horrible at it.

Back