Battle Sim hit rate and crit rate?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
The EntropiaLife Client tells me I'm getting about 90% Hit Rate and 0.5% Critical Hit Rate while doing the Battle Simulator.
The Hit Rate is about what I get when hunting normally, so that seems okay, but I usually get 3% crit rate (with my usual rings and pills).

P.S. I resisted the temptation to give this thread a "fake news" headline and did not abbreviate Battle Simulator to BS.

The EntropiaLife Client tells me I'm getting about 90% Hit Rate and 0.5% Critical Hit Rate while doing the Battle Simulator.
The Hit Rate is about what I get when hunting normally, so that seems okay, but I usually get 3% crit rate (with my usual rings and pills).

P.S. I resisted the temptation to give this thread a "fake news" headline and did not abbreviate Battle Simulator to BS.

Crit hit rate seems a bit low, although rings and pills dont apply in Battle Sim, so you would only have the base crit rate. How many runs have you done in battle Sim? just one run through wont be an accurate crit rate assessment...just like everything else in Entropia, large sample size is needed to get close to the correct average rate.

also i dont know how this usually works with explosives but when u hit something at the edge for like 1 damage i doubt you would get a 2 damage crit or a full dmg crit either. maybe you need some sort of min dmg to be able to trigger a crit

Nearly 20 runs...
How the EL client actual calculates things should irrelevant since it is the same calculation for everyone therefore the comparison remains valid.

also i dont know how this usually works with explosives but when u hit something at the edge for like 1 damage i doubt you would get a 2 damage crit or a full dmg crit either. maybe you need some sort of min dmg to be able to trigger a crit

:laugh: that would be funny to see..... CRITICAL HIT - 2 dmg :eyecrazy:

:lolup:

:laugh: that would be funny to see..... CRITICAL HIT - 2 dmg :eyecrazy:
Then you should like this...
2017-03-07 23:18:51 [System] [] Critical hit - additional damage! You inflict 1.0 points of damage.

Explosives are notoriously hard to measure. They can do multiple crits on a group of mobs, or a single crit and regular dmg.

Best way to test the hit & crit rate, would be to ditch the AoE weapons and use the "3" weapon exclusively :)

Explosives are notoriously hard to measure. They can do multiple crits on a group of mobs, or a single crit and regular dmg.

Best way to test the hit & crit rate, would be to ditch the AoE weapons and use the "3" weapon exclusively :)

This.

Critting multiple mobs at the same would only skew measurement in one direction.
However hitting (non crits) multiple mobs increase total number of hits, and therefore affects measurement.

Since weapons there do 60 attacks per minute (not sure if all as I did not do instance yet), you would need to disregard all additional hits that have same timestamp in log.
Then you could measure crit rate more accurately with explosives.

No. No. No.
If everyone uses the same weapon and they use the same tool to measure, comparing the results is completely valid. It does not really matter if the measuring is perfectly accurate counting multiple crit hits because it will have the same error for everyone.

I just did one run, the first of the day and first I finally completed successfully, and this time I got 1% crit hit rate, whereas yesterday the highest crit hit rate I got was a bit over 0.5%.

Please do not bother replying anymore if you are not going to include your crit hate rate as reported by EL client combat log. Thank-you.

No. No. No.
If everyone uses the same weapon and they use the same tool to measure, comparing the results is completely valid. It does not really matter if the measuring is perfectly accurate counting multiple crit hits because it will have the same error for everyone.

I just did one run, the first of the day and first I finally completed successfully, and this time I got 1% crit hit rate, whereas yesterday the highest crit hit rate I got was a bit over 0.5%.

Please do not bother replying anymore if you are not going to include your crit hate rate as reported by EL client combat log. Thank-you.

You completely, utterly missed the point.

Explosive, AoE weapons, cause massive discrepancies in the data. This is unrepeatable, white noise, which would only be normalised after thousands of runs.

I've now done over 150 instances, and have EL logging them all, yet still think it's utterly pointless trying to get a CH/HR on a rocket launcher.

Back