No more sweating

Enigmaze

Hatchling
Hi all. First post. Was wondering what to do for cash after you can no longer sweat. Is there a way to increase your ability to find fruit etc? Have mining gear and energy gear but they cost money to operate. Are there other sources of income? Thanks for any input on ongoing income.

Other than sweating and searching for fruit and dung, the only way to get money is to deposit. Quickest way too!

Sadly this is a question which seems to be asked on quite a regular basis around here, but it is quite valid.

To be quite blunt, there's no other reliable source of income when your sweat funds have dried up. However, there's always room for people with a little cunning and patience...

There are various acts of trading, and yes, (the dreaded word) reselling, which can make you more money than sweating ever could. May I suggest using the peds you have (presuming you have some) to try to buy up commonly needed resources, and resell it at convenient rates to others...

Keep your eyes open for kind people selling things at TT price to get rid of them quickly. Quite often you can collect together armour parts, and resell for TT+a bit.

Also, you can collect together armour sets, ores, sweat, enmatter, and sell it in larger amounts for a bigger price. All this stuff requires patience, but then so does sweating!

Quite a few people manage to make something out of nothing somehow, it's just being persuasive enough, persistent enough, and having the motivation to get some money together.

I hope some of these pointers are useful to you!

Thanks for the replies guys. Is there a way to upgrade your ability to find fruit or other income means?

You may have heard of "Jobs" the newer players can get. The Festival Of FirePower is a once-every six weeks event, very well publicised on this forum and sometimes elsewhere... and it offers such jobs. Well, two types of job. The FoF (as it is becoming known) consists of a roaming multi-team hunting tournament, all teams attempting to out-global each other on six selected mobs.

Noobs who turn up with a Fap (higher the better...people notice the guys hitting them 10-20 a time more than the ones hitting em for 3's :) ) and follow the hunters, saving them time, helping them get the bigger mobs down.... if you can keep finding them everytime you die (which will be a lot), don't get in their way (putting people on "follow" stops them being able to back away as they fire.... people do not like this when Armax Dominants are upon them).... then you're a Medic.

The close of the event is a massed assault on the main Araneatrox herd, widely acknowledged to be the baddest mob in-game, and here there's dozens of them. This presents the second job opportunity. Bait.
With these spiders there is no point in fapping (I'm guessing none of you have ModFaps, and few will be in Shadow :D ). Their size does allow the use of blockers though. Blocking the other mobs on the hunt will not work, they are not tall enough for the blocker to avoid blocking the hunters as well. But as we have seen with mobs like Second Entities, Spiders and Hispidus, if a noob runs up and manages to cop a couple of evade's it can make all the difference, letting us get the big mobs' health down enough to get it killed with most of us standing. (If you are new enough to not have heard much of Araneatrox, it's a one-hit you're dead affair, whatever armour you may have on really... but here's the thing: They tend to go for the ones shooting at them. Quickly and with much determination. They can therefore often not notice the noob in their path and pause to consider what to do. This is when 12 Bravo's can do a lot to turn the situation in the team's favour :D )

The next one is July 15th, the ones we notice get rewarded well... at least well enough to avoid depositing a little while longer. Hard work breeds generosity it seems. All you have to do is turn up and make yourself useful.

Cheers.

Hurrikane said:
Noobs who turn up with a Fap

Bearing in mind this is the noob forum, whats a Fap?

A FAP is a healing tool avatars can use on themselves or others. The cheapest is the FAP 5 which is 15 PED from the Trade Terminal. More expensive FAPs heal more and often faster.

For instance, the FAP 5 heals a maximum of 10, and takes 3 seconds to "reload", whereas the EK 2600 fap heals a maximum of 42 and takes 2.2 seconds to reload.

The best FAP in the game is the Modified Fast Aid Pack (or, Mod Fap) - It heals 160 with a 2.1 second reload, and it only decays a PEC with each use. However, you'd have to fork out $12,000+ for one - such is the nature of PE ;)

haha

Miller said:
A FAP is a healing tool avatars can use on themselves or others. The cheapest is the FAP 5 which is 15 PED from the Trade Terminal. More expensive FAPs heal more and often faster.

For instance, the FAP 5 heals a maximum of 10, and takes 3 seconds to "reload", whereas the EK 2600 fap heals a maximum of 42 and takes 2.2 seconds to reload.

The best FAP in the game is the Modified Fast Aid Pack (or, Mod Fap) - It heals 160 with a 2.1 second reload, and it only decays a PEC with each use. However, you'd have to fork out $12,000+ for one - such is the nature of PE ;)

Aha thanks :D

Hurrikane said:
The next one is July 15th, the ones we notice get rewarded well... at least well enough to avoid depositing a little while longer. Hard work breeds generosity it seems. All you have to do is turn up and make yourself useful.

Cheers.
Ooooh... this sounds like fun :D

If I dont go out on my birthday I might just get me a bigger badder FAP and try making myself useful to someone :thumbup:

Greznik said:
Other than sweating and searching for fruit and dung, the only way to get money is to deposit.

wrong. learn to trade. what items are worth and buy low sell high. any profit no matter how slim is still profit.

Is there a way to upgrade your ability to find fruit or dung?
simply, no.

GL out there! :girl:

Enigmaze said:
Is there a way to upgrade your ability to find fruit or other income means?

I used to think that fruit was impossible to find. Then I started paying more attention as I was running around.. make sure you are in 3rd persone mode.. make sure you aren't zoomed out very far.. and just pay close attention. You'll be amazed how much it pops up if you watch for it. Same goes for dung, although I don't think its as good a money maker as fruit is.

Back