FYI: WARNING Buff/Items available during Battle simulator

Konvicted

Elite
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
Warning everyone,

I thought it was literally impossible to get time under 10min, i did run the instance as a pro, doing minimal mistakes and study it all to get the best time possible, i was never able to match the 7min/8min the top 20 is having.

So here is the explanation, they have to be using the buffs, armor, eventually guns from outside the Simulator.

By mapping items on keyboard map number * all items become available.

I ask for the reward to be cancelled the fairness has already been taken away.. and a different score type used in the future, maybe about who lost the less hp during the stage or something..

Copy of the support case
Hello,

I am really curious how some people manage to reach 8min timing and now i see some even down to 7min.

Figured it had to be some items equiped that make them run faster and shoot faster like with ring/armor in usual game.

If opening the key mapping under the number "*" (not 1 to 9 has to be the * ) you are able to map any item shortcut that becomes available during the battle simulator instance.
This allow you to have ring buff, armor protection, fap or even weapons (consuming ammo as normal) available when pre mapped..

Did it for test purpose, i am not ranked for prize and now reporting it.

Can you fix this asap, this is totally unfair and kills the concept of this game type that was meant to be all equals.

Kind regards,

Ak.

While this is an issue, and will surely screw up the top 20 for the non cheaters, you can see videos of several of the top 20 playing legit to get a score of under 9 minutes.

While this is an issue, and will surely screw up the top 20 for the non cheaters, you can see videos of several of the top 20 playing legit to get a score of under 9 minutes.

yes 9ish could be do able, not 7ish

Those prod testers always find a way to break stuff :laugh:

so thats why i cant beat my 8:50 score without cheating. while doing everything close to perfect...

yes 9ish could be do able, not 7ish

not trying to take away from your bug report but I do know multiple people in that range who are playing fair and have been practicing very hard.

also i just tested it and it doesnt seem to work. i put on an aeglic ring on 7 and started it and tested if i gain health but nothing happens... so not sure your bug is existent.

also i just tested it and it doesnt seem to work. i put on an aeglic ring on 7 and started it and tested if i gain health but nothing happens... so not sure your bug is existent.

Item can be equiped within the instance, thats the issue..

System was made to disable all buff you have before entering the instance, any way i dont recommend using this, its exploiting a mechanics that is not meant to..

No, you just cant read...

Oh wow, thats crazy if thats true. However i know the guy in first place and he does not have any buffs or items or even budget big enough to run any items or buffs. So imo 7min is genuine. However now if thats the case then some people could have cheated their way into top.
Wondering if MA can fix this asap and keep the prizes as is for the top for those that dont cheat.
Thanks for sharing. I hope its for good and not for more damage.

/Soko

Item can be equiped within the instance, thats the issue..

System was made to disable all buff you have before entering the instance, any way i dont recommend using this, its exploiting a mechanics that is not meant to..

pls make a screenshot and prove this. i cant select a refiner, nor a weapon, nor any buff. i have mapped em to different keys but no matter which i chose nothing happens.

pls make a screenshot and prove this. i cant select a refiner, nor a weapon, nor any buff. i have mapped em to different keys but no matter which i chose nothing happens.

You're really not that clever are you? Put it on 0 and try. (default keysetting)

Last edited:
i figured this out on my first run within like 3 min. i reported it to MA and they asked me what macro i used and what keyboard i own lol noobs :D

vid of feature in action for those who dont understand how mapping heys works in EU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGl-JrU7g8&t=1s

Reactions: Mac
By mapping items on keyboard map number * all items become available.

Numpad *, you mean?

This is something I had no chance to discover even if I bothered to log in and do BS - always had auto-use tool on that key. (edit: well, since about day three :))

Even if it's just one key, it means 10 items because there are 10 keysets.

Its imposible to get 7 minutes w/o doing something fishy , done again and again this BS and its just imposible , with the shortways , not doing any step behind , just run and shoot and shooting almost perfect.its just imposible.
Now MA should stop this shit and keep the prize to next time when they will repair it.
Im out

Numpad *, you mean?

This is something I had no chance to discover even if I bothered to log in and do BS - always had auto-use tool on that key.

Even if it's just one key, it means 10 items because there are 10 keysets.

No not numpad. But item set "*" its general set.

call it a refund lol, pls MA do a "Beta testing" for something like this next time

anyone try mining in there? is it probe free mining? lol

anyone try mining in there? is it probe free mining? lol

no, in order to use outside tools you need to have universal ammo on hand, in the case of rockets you need explosives. its not that ammo consumption is turned off as MA said it was... its more like the 3 guns provided have 0 ammo burn.

i figured this out on my first run within like 3 min. i reported it to MA and they asked me what macro i used and what keyboard i own lol noobs :D

vid of feature in action for those who dont understand how mapping heys works in EU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGl-JrU7g8&t=1s

Now they will let it run like it is, just because dumb ppl wasting ammo in that shit. :)

Respect that you have tried to cheat after 3 minutes and not in the first 10 seconds... oO

no, in order to use outside tools you need to have universal ammo on hand, in the case of rockets you need explosives. its not that ammo consumption is turned off as MA said it was... its more like the 3 guns provided have 0 ammo burn.

ahh that makes sense. Might still be some rare mats in there though what with all that decay :p

Someone use this glitch to grab all the item descriptions for the 3 weapons please. I want to see their stats and description and total ped and such

also add inventory so you can get the item info for the clothing you are equipped. I am not home atm and dont want this patched before we can get that info. lets get some good out of this.

Now they will let it run like it is, just because dumb ppl wasting ammo in that shit. :)

Respect that you have tried to cheat after 3 minutes and not in the first 10 seconds... oO

i didnt "try" to "cheat" i just happened to have more then 3 tools on my number keys, i carry 6 weapons and 2 heal kits for every day hunting. i dont have the desire to "cheat" i dont need to, nore do i want to risk the volume of investment ive made over the last 7.5 years on my account. this is why i reported it to MA and how to do it and why i made the video in the first place.

i have clumsy fingers and when changing weapons as i was trying them out i just happened to stumble upon this.

trying to cheat it or not , if you make a couple BS you realize by yourself that its imposible to get the time of 7 min an something its wrong adn is gettin exploited .

Not everyone in the top is using this cheat, for example aio streamed several of his record runs and everything was legit. But I agree that prizes SHOULD NOT be given away, because obviously some people is cheating.

Also shame on them, if mindark can check whether or not someone is exploiting they should get a short ban. That said, part of the blame is on MA for releasing everything in beta status.

8:32 without cheating here. So I guess before this was mentioned here, most scores in the board been without any cheating. But obviously now the whole scoreboard is fcked up. Still im happy it was posted ofc. Wondering how MA will solve this issue. Its not only done by removing prizes, its about all the trys some people have done to reach a better time and this is most often not just done with 1PED/run because you die kinda often if you push it to the limit.

Imo only way for them is to check manual (at least for Buffs you get chat-log entry, don't know if there is another way to check things like armor as well) for the top players if they cheated or not and remove them from prizes if they did.

edit: And guys: my 8:32 time was not a perfect run -> you can get below 8min without cheating. Don't call anyone cheater pls, just because you are slow and cant imagine such a time. ;)

edit edit: @O2: Aio is a good example why removing prizes is not a solution either. She did so many runs without completing just to get another try for a better time.

edit edit: @O2: Aio is a good example why removing prizes is not a solution either. She did so many runs without completing just to get another try for a better time.

I agree but then cheaters will get the most out of the prize pool and Aio will be pushed out of the prize positions. I mean, I am already being moved out of the prize zone and it infuriates me.

Maybe I should also cheat, because when the Hogglo Diablo Pilot Skill fiasco happened I refused to do it and everyone kept their exploited skills without a warning or punishment.

This is how things appear to work in this game, cheaters and exploiters get rewarded all the time while the rest of us get shitted on.

Back