Notice regarding Item abuse in the Battle Simulator

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We are aware of a bug that allows Avatars to equip unallowed items inside the Battle Simulator.

All price awarding times which have been achieved by doing so will be disqualified and the prizes will be adjusted to the winners.

The Battle Simulator will be taken down at 2pm UTC until the upcoming patch.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

BAN (S) ? :yup::yup::yup:

Great to hear and really appreciate the fast response. :thumbup:

interestingly enough they didnt care for the compet cheater all the time which all got their rewards lol

Glad they caught it, but then again the programming skills are the big problem here.

Someone explained this "bug" to me, its more like massive incompetence on the part of the devs that it is even possible to assign and equip stuff.

Sure seems we all accepted TOS though, hard to stand back and say they didn't know this was bad when so much action needs to be taken to abuse the system so clearly.

Glad they caught it, but then again the programming skills are the big problem here.

Someone explained this "bug" to me, its more like massive incompetence on the part of the devs that it is even possible to assign and equip stuff.

Sure seems we all accepted TOS though, hard to stand back and say they didn't know this was bad when so much action needs to be taken to abuse the system so clearly.

It totally depends on your mindset I would think. MA created something and the first thing I thought was "how do I beat it". Others, evidently, thought "how do I break it".

It's a shame that MA has to spend more time on stopping people trying to cheat than it does creating new content...

I finished in 8th place, which mean's no-one above me got disqualified.

Congratulations to Suzy Bee Explorer, "The", and Stina for positions 1,2,3 - any time under 7:30 was absolutely mindblowingly fast!!

:) Glad to see the top (at least 8) didn't cheat - roll on round 2!

Feel free to join the public channel "#BattleSim" to discuss things, just created it.

Congrats to the winners.

We are aware of a bug that allows Avatars to equip unallowed items inside the Battle Simulator.
All price awarding times which have been achieved by doing so will be disqualified and the prizes will be adjusted to the winners.
The Battle Simulator will be taken down at 2pm UTC until the upcoming patch.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

...Prize... not Price..

just saying.;)

Reactions: Mac
Good and ban the bug abusers!

Well, I for one haven't tried BS* since I was waiting for the first patch, but this bug did kind of suck since I myself use global keyboard mapping for my default key set.

* MA can you PLEASE rename BS to something that is not BS!

Programmers KNOW the chances of missing something are high and this is where BETA TESTING is a thing. Almost every programmer on the planet knows this. What is wrong with MA? Is it big ego disease? Are they on drugs? Are they under psychotronic attack by the russians? Maybe its the politically correct open door policy?

BETA TEST you must BETA TEST you MuSt BETA TEST OMFG WTFWTFWTF

:) Glad to see the top (at least 8) didn't cheat - roll on round 2!

Why do you think so? Those who used buffs also got their rewards. I know it. And there was none in under 7:30 until a warning on the forum popped up. And how Mindark will rebalance rewards after awarding them? What's done is done.
Personaly I don't belive in such amount of under 8min scores in the last few hours after forum warning.

Why do you think so? Those who used buffs also got their rewards. I know it. And there was none in under 7:30 until a warning on the forum popped up. And how Mindark will rebalance rewards after awarding them? What's done is done.
Personaly I don't belive in such amount of under 8min scores in the last few hours after forum warning.

Unless you are going to name names, I'll take your comments with a massive pinch of salt.

If someone did win cash by cheating, cool. It's $100 for fucks sake, I'm happy doing things legitimately and losing to a cheater over such a small amount.

I know sub-8m scores are possible clean, because I got one. As did a few others who I trust. So again, unless you have evidence and are prepared to share it....

Atm im just hoping nr 1 and 2 cheated so i get more ped :D

BTW FUCK MA...
you won't get a price when you cheated, but actually doing something about cheaters is too much to ask?

Unless you are going to name names, I'll take your comments with a massive pinch of salt.

If someone did win cash by cheating, cool. It's $100 for fucks sake, I'm happy doing things legitimately and losing to a cheater over such a small amount.

I know sub-8m scores are possible clean, because I got one. As did a few others who I trust. So again, unless you have evidence and are prepared to share it....

I know you haven't cheated, so are Mathilda, maybe someone else. Yet we have no 7min run recorded or streamed, so I don't trust in this records until I see it clean. And yes, pizes were awarded to buffers. That is true. Were the top 3 runners cheating? Maybe, but I don't know about them.
And again too much under 8mins after the forum warning. There was far less before it. That's why I believe there are more cheaters on the list, than clean runners.
Anyway, we will have a new top list after patch. Would be interesting to see top scores again :)

I know you haven't cheated, so are Mathilda, maybe someone else. Yet we have no 7min run recorded or streamed, so I don't trust in this records until I see it clean. And yes, pizes were awarded to buffers. That is true. Were the top 3 runners cheating? Maybe, but I don't know about them.
And again too much under 8mins after the forum warning. There was far less before it. That's why I believe there are more cheaters on the list, than clean runners.
Anyway, we will have a new top list after patch. Would be interesting to see top scores again :)

I guess they have no way to check if they had buffs, used heal tools, other weapons or even armor.

I guess, unless you are caught exploiting by GM, you are screwed. If you exploit without them figuring out or having physical logs how you did it, kudos to you, keep your stuff.

Programmers KNOW the chances of missing something are high and this is where BETA TESTING is a thing. Almost every programmer on the planet knows this. What is wrong with MA? Is it big ego disease? Are they on drugs? Are they under psychotronic attack by the russians? Maybe its the politically correct open door policy?

BETA TEST you must BETA TEST you MuSt BETA TEST OMFG WTFWTFWTF

nobody is a better testers than players, trying to gain advantages and exploits. by doing things devs wouldn't think of

I'll be there on the top again with a 7:30 :) and I'll be sure to record a fast run, again, so I can't be accused by any soul.

I'll be there on the top again with a 7:30 :) and I'll be sure to record a fast run, again, so I can't be accused by any soul.

I have never accused you :) I saw an 8 min run vid on twitch (Medusa or Mathilda). It was done taking a medkit. So without a medkit and a bit of more luck it is possible to run in 7:30.
But 7min.... And besides don't you wonder how fast you were moved to an 8th place with insane time gap by people who previously had times far off than you? That makes me wonder....

I have never accused you :) I saw an 8 min run vid on twitch (Medusa or Mathilda). It was done taking a medkit. So without a medkit and a bit of more luck it is possible to run in 7:30.
But 7min.... And besides don't you wonder how fast you were moved to an 8th place with insane time gap by people who previously had times far off than you? That makes me wonder....

I know you didn't, I'll just make sure to record every run next time so no-one can.

But yes, it surprised me that people could go so fast, but after day 1 when I had the best time at 9:07 (and then Mathilda at 8:55) I thought at best, we could get just below 8m. Then, 7:30 was possible (and easy). So who knows if those winners managed to get a better route, better luck, better criticals and less evades.

We will see in the next round when no-one can cheat (at least through this method, I'm sure there's people so desperate for $100 they will try to cheat in the next one too).

But for now, we don't know who cheated - so I'm happy to congratulate those winners in such good times, and I hope they put up such fierce competition in the next round - even better if they stream so I can steal their ideas ;)

tbh I was planning a few slow runs to work out where the spawns and combat abilities of the mobs were and to see how effective the guns are. Then I'd try a fast as possible run, so I'd expect someone with a slow run to suddenly jump high up the ranks - it's what I'm expecting to do ;)

Look at this way, if this were a normal games leader board we'd have times of a few milliseconds at the top by now.

Last edited:
It totally depends on your mindset I would think. MA created something and the first thing I thought was "how do I beat it". Others, evidently, thought "how do I break it".

It's a shame that MA has to spend more time on stopping people trying to cheat than it does creating new content...

Two possible reasons for wanting to break it :
1) It's all real money. So to make money winning is everything.
2) Want their names to be famous for winning something.

Back