Your 'favourite bit' in a song you like

Oracle

Elite
Society
Scorpio
Oracle Kev FountofWisdom
Do you have a 'favourite bit' in the songs you like?

For example, a classic example might be the drum solo in Phil Collins's 'In the air tonight'.

Whilst writing it he probably thought 'hmm, lyrics are OK but just needs something extra to convey how pissed off I am about the rejection/divorce/alimony....here, have some of that! Have some!!! ?

Not saying that's my favourite bit but I need time to think and probably won't remember until I hear the song(s) again.

Anyway, if you have a 'favourite bit' in a song that you like so much you get so impatient waiting to get to it you sometimes fast forward and play several times please share in this thread.

This is one that takes me away whenever I hear it. Though I love all of Floyd's work , this solo says it all.

Some songs you can listen to with enjoyment start to finish.
Pink Floyd is like that,
Others, Happyness is a Warm Gun, Video from Across the Universe. 1:52 onwards

I like everything about this song, so there is no favourite bit. :dj:

(Well maybe the bit starting at 2:56)

I've always loved the intro to this, the way it starts with the guitar and layers up the sounds.

Thank you to everyone who has posted their 'best bit'.

Whenever I post a thread like this I'm never quite sure if it's 'just me' or not. :)

Classic riff at 66 seconds and I also like the chord change around 130 seconds (for some reason). Rest of the song is great of course and guitarist not too shabby:

Just love all this and Flea just takes my breath away :)

And live, there is probably no one better.

Back