why use anything else?

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
Since MA confirmed eco does matter.

Basically the most eco way to play for low level players is either TT gun + zinkadus or Bulkin + A101.
Forget about mindforce or melee. Or BLP for that matter.
Not to forget that melee already suffers from having to getting close and having more healing/armor decay.

And for mid level and up; the A series of laser amps outperforms most others.

At level 100 the eco field is getting more even; but to get there you'dd have to waste a lot of ped eco-wise.

So with about 98% of the weapons being a ped sink; why use them for any other reason than to have fun?
(or skilling HP)

As such the best things for new players is either getting the gold starter pack or buying an overpriced A101.
And after they skilled up a bit they are ready for the bigger A10x or A20x amps.

Also note I don't mean shooting puny mobs; but anything from snable, bery, snarksnot, exa, pluma, faux, shinikiba, kerberos, corn...
with a finisher one could even out-perform most uber players. Add an ares ring to that and do team hunts on bigger mobs for maximum effect.

I would rather staple my face to the carpet.

If you plan to stay on kerberos for the next 50 years, then sure. But even then you compete with people who use the same high eco setup as yours, with A101 and the rest, - those who can't afford an A101 don't grind enough to noticeably affect the loot anyway. And when everyone is playing with 3.0 dpp, having 3.0 dpp stops being an advantage, same way the 2.3 dpp on non-sib at mid level wasn't a disaster when everyone else was in same boat. Same goes for Ares and other stuff. When only a fraction of the playerbase had Ares, it was giving its owner an edge. Nowadays not having an Ares means to lose the whole blade.

I'd rather shave my ass with a dull straight razor and sit in a bucket of rubbing alcohol.

If you plan to stay on kerberos for the next 50 years, then sure. But even then you compete with people who use the same high eco setup as yours, with A101 and the rest, - those who can't afford an A101 don't grind enough to noticeably affect the loot anyway. And when everyone is playing with 3.0 dpp, having 3.0 dpp stops being an advantage, same way the 2.3 dpp on non-sib at mid level wasn't a disaster when everyone else was in same boat. Same goes for Ares and other stuff. When only a fraction of the playerbase had Ares, it was giving its owner an edge. Nowadays not having an Ares means to lose the whole blade.

Exactly.

...or to put it another way; You forget you are not playing against MA you are playing against other players.

Ma takes their cut anyhow, and you are left competing with the same DPP and DPS making it a complete lottery if you will get any profit, and as we all know, then you loose in the long run unless you get EXTREMELY lucky.

Reached the same conclusion here and haven't regretted it.

I reached to the very same conclusion a while back early 2015 when everyone was not so clued up, but at the low level you can still gain an advantage over other lower level players not so privy to the now current meta of the game. You would be surprised how many players still don't play with eco in mind.

Take a look at my thread > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?273519-How-To-Survive!&p=3371467&viewfull=1#post3371467

"why use anything else?"

Because you will quickly come to a point where you make zero progress.

I've only played for a short time, and it did not take me long to become completely bored with eco-hunting tiny mobs.

It's still a game. Yes, it's worth being conscientious of your setup and not being completely wasteful; but at some point you should be having fun or what's the point?

I've only played for a short time, and it did not take me long to become completely bored with eco-hunting tiny mobs.

It's still a game. Yes, it's worth being conscientious of your setup and not being completely wasteful; but at some point you should be having fun or what's the point?

Exactly...I know different people play for different reasons and have different goals, but I'm over 10 years into EU now and the thought of grinding snables & kerbs with a TT gun just to say, "Ha, I'm .000132 more eco than that other guy so I am winning" makes me shudder.

I've never been "eco" and never will. I try not to be stupid and wasteful in what i do, but sometimes that's where the fun is.

I don´t have Ares, but use 2 other rings and do really good at low and mid levels.

When it comes to bigger mobs, I really give a shit about eco, then I focus on damage not eco. At this mobs its HoF or loss anyways, no matter if you go eco or not. So if you kill faster than eco hunters, you have more loot events therefor more chances to get that HoF you need to break even.

I still haven´t finished the Puny iron, just because it is boring like hell to shoot that eco style :)

What I can tell, I have my fun when out for hunts.

I've never been "eco" and never will. I try not to be stupid and wasteful in what i do, but sometimes that's where the fun is.

Maybe it is time to introduce
FPP = :yay: Fun :yay: Per :yay: Pec :yay:

Just as the king of Bhutan introduced

GNH = :yay: Gross :yay: National :yay: Happiness :yay:

But how do we quantify fun per pec?

Because laser weapons are for girls, real men use BLP weapons (or so i keep hearing).

Reactions: San
I want to explain on a more serious note.

The reason this wont work is not only what Svarog, Ted, and Rufen says (they are all correct) but this:

A long time ago it became hip to say that you are best off focusing on only one profession.

That is bullshit.

The way to defeat dpp is to be good at everything.

It took me years to figure out.

Now look how long ago my last rage thread was...

Main gun not getting good loot?
Switch up amps scopes sights or enhancers.
That doesn't work try swords.
Or try MF or power fist or clubs.
Still no? try mining.
Apmed not working? try unamped at 1000 depth.
Switch finders...switch up enhancers.
Craft something.
If that don't work, try a new place.
Figure out what planet is dropping good mu bps.
Don't stay anywhere long unless it is paying good.
Bounce around trying as many different spots/planets as you can.
Do everything.
Skill every prof.
Watch closely your averages.
If something isn't working stop.

The worst thing you can do is keep shooting the same setup over and over day in and day out.

To defeat this game you have to be good at everything, and try everything, and do it at the right places at the right times.

THAT is how you get ahead of the pack.

The reason this wont work is not only what Svarog, Ted, and Rufen says (they are all correct) but this:

A long time ago it became hip to say that you are best off focusing on only one profession.

That is bullshit.

Still no? try mining.
Craft something.
Do everything.
Skill every prof.

The worst thing you can do is keep shooting the same setup over and over day in and day out.

To defeat this game you have to be good at everything, and try everything, and do it at the right places at the right times.

You must be withdrawing every month!

You must be withdrawing every month!

Lol like I need money from this game in my RL.

I don't withdraw it like some high school dropout that needs cash to pay a bill.

If I am up at end of month, I roll it into other gear.

I would never withdraw monthly...if you have to withdraw monthly in this game, you must have a pretty shitty RL.

That is bullshit.

Still no? try mining.
Craft something.
Do everything.
Skill every prof.

Not to say that what you are saying is wrong (because your not and do make a lot of sense) but from my point of view, I would stick to hunting knowing I would get a 100% TT return (+whatever markup) vs returning back to mining at 90% TT return for an avg markup of 115% any day. I prefer the consistency of hunting returns to that of mining and like you invest in better gear while staying in my stable game style of my choosing, knowing I have total control over every situation inc my ped card.

I don´t have Ares, but use 2 other rings and do really good at low and mid levels.

When it comes to bigger mobs, I really give a shit about eco, then I focus on damage not eco. At this mobs its HoF or loss anyways, no matter if you go eco or not. So if you kill faster than eco hunters, you have more loot events therefor more chances to get that HoF you need to break even.

I still haven´t finished the Puny iron, just because it is boring like hell to shoot that eco style :)

What I can tell, I have my fun when out for hunts.

Finished up the puny iron with a grenade launcher - now that was fun! :)

That is bullshit.

Still no? try mining.
Craft something.
Do everything.
Skill every prof.

This is accurate in my experience and more realistic. Take it from a Taco that staples his face to the carpet all the time :) O ya: Pics or it dint happened!

I recently bought a ml35 mentor edition, tier 5
With a Dante it can do 160 dmg at 140 m .
Prots drop dead before reaching me.
At level 100 this gun doesn't even reach 2.9 eco
And I am far from level 100
If eco was all that mattered, nobody should be using this gun, especially mid level me.

Using my setup I get better eco than a TT rifle or Bukin's rifle with an A101, but I get to kill mobs like badgers, chompers, globsters, and proteron. I get to hunt bigger and more fun mobs while getting good returns, and I skill up a LOT faster. There was a time when I wondered why people don't just grind to level 100 with an opalo/A101. That was when I had more time than I knew what to do with, and I was still in the low 30s in my profession levels. My life is different now, and my time is worth a lot more to me than it was some years ago.

Eh, the thing with eco is that it makes you lose less, not gain more. Being more eco doesn't guarantee you will win more.

Eh, the thing with eco is that it makes you lose less, not gain more. Being more eco doesn't guarantee you will win more.

and still i know people getting constant 110% tt return on untaxed mobs over hundreds of thousands of peds cycled very constantly. while hunting with a little over 3.2 dpp.

IMO

The goal is skilling to L100 as cheaply as possible, but while still maintaining some efficiency. After L100 your options for weapons with good base dpp is vastly expanded and you can get them cheaper than most SIB options.

So basically you can't stay at noob weapons forever or you'll get bored.

No right or wrong way to play.

Be as eco, be as uneco as you want, as long as it's fun for YOU and within YOUR budget.

Cycle 1 ped an hour, or 10000 peds an hour, as long as it's fun for YOU and within YOUR budget.

Hunt / Mine / Craft / Trade / Sweat / Chat / Stand Facing a Wall for hours at a time - as long as it's fun for YOU and within YOUR budget.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about :laugh:, cause if you actually read my hunting log, hunting eco has actually allowed me to gain more peds and invest in better gear. Just saying bro...

You obviously do not know what you are talking about :laugh:, cause if you actually read my hunting log, hunting eco has actually allowed me to gain more peds and invest in better gear. Just saying bro...

I am getting a bit tired of this attitude. Maybe you don't know what he is talking about. That you have a log does not make you right or better than another player. Same goes for all the people in here that say they grind more and thus have more knowledge. Maybe they have less.

The point to this game is to get as much loot as you can with the lowest amount of ped wasting possible. Being eco can be one of the methods you use to get there.. But you can also look at the loot side, and then eco doesn't mean much anymore.

I will give you an example, because I know what I am talking about.

This is a hunt I did yesterday:

Phasm Young 56 PED Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:01:43
Cornundacauda Young 16 PED Tue, 21 Mar 2017 18:59:53
Phasm Young 169 PED Tue, 21 Mar 2017 18:58:12
Phasm Mature 50 PED Tue, 21 Mar 2017 18:57:00

As you might be able to notice, I get 4 globals in 4 minutes. Now tell me, does it matter much which weapon I use?
If your answer is yes, then you are the one who's clueless.

Good luck out there and may lootius have mercy on your soul.

Back