entropiauniverse.com down?

morey

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Aurisk Morey Kenbi
Just haven't been loading for me. Anyone else having trouble?

account.entropiauniverse.com gives error 500.

518e74af49544d368267b8644618b42d.png

Down for me too.

The connection has timed out

Interesting.

I hope they not getting hacked and it's just some misconfiguration somewhere.....

hmmm. Yeah the launcher feed fails too. but game connection works fine.

Yea down for me too. It does say the server is too busy to respond so hopefully it isn't DDoS.

The end is near! :eyecrazy::laugh:

Its still down.

MA office will start working soon, think it will be fixed within the next few hours.

Same here. However, I was able to log onto the game so its just a problem with the client loader connection.

FYI this is easy to test without having to ask. There are hundreds of sites that will check for you, for example: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com

That being said, DDoS is unlikely since that would still allow some packet flow. I did a traceroute and the connection dies upstream of them, on Telia's network. Which is a bit surprising since that's likely their backbone (also who uses a single backbone?).

IMO kind of silly in this day and age; it points out how cheap MindArk is, and their web presence is likely a single server at a crappy data center with no CDN or failover.

IMO kind of silly in this day and age; it points out how cheap MindArk is, and their web presence is likely a single server at a crappy data center with no CDN or failover.

What makes you think that they actually have a hardware server for the site? Could be just a VPS / shared hosting for front end, with the other stuff (after logging in) running from another location / server.

But either way, yeah, they make weird decisions. Like low end hosting / etc. Especially when your whole business is based on the net, you can't afford to have any unexpected downtime on your customer facing sites.

What makes you think that they actually have a hardware server for the site? Could be just a VPS / shared hosting for front end, with the other stuff (after logging in) running from another location / server.

But either way, yeah, they make weird decisions. Like low end hosting / etc. Especially when your whole business is based on the net, you can't afford to have any unexpected downtime on your customer facing sites.

Wasn't necessarily implying they had a dedicated server, it definitely could be VPS -- my point was only that it's a single server. It's so incredibly simple and cheap to ensure 100% uptime on a front-end web site these days, it's hard to fathom a commercial site being down - especially like you said, when you're business is all online.

Well it got worst for me, gold card got out of sync and I could barely get logged in to submit a support case.

There are currently some issues with one of the web servers, and will be fixed soon (about an hour or so).

Meanwhile, it should work as usual if you just manually add www. before any link you are trying to access. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just tried using my favorites entry at my browser, all fine - works as intended

There are currently some issues with one of the web servers, and will be fixed soon (about an hour or so).

Meanwhile, it should work as usual if you just manually add www. before any link you are trying to access. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In before a 15 page thread debating the pros and cons of having to type www in the browser.

And then a thread in 5 years time discussing how typing www improves your eco.

FYI this is easy to test without having to ask. There are hundreds of sites that will check for you, for example: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com

That being said, DDoS is unlikely since that would still allow some packet flow. I did a traceroute and the connection dies upstream of them, on Telia's network. Which is a bit surprising since that's likely their backbone (also who uses a single backbone?).

Trying to fail is harder than failing to try.

Think you could help me get support to answer my case so I know how to get back in. I have been afraid to try because I think my account is turned off because of too many un-successful login attempts. Its going on 2 days and I am starting to have with drawls :eyecrazy:

EDIT No need they did fix my card but never sent me an e-mail telling me they had updated my support case. That was not a very good thing because it had been closed without notification. It was good that I am playing again.

Last edited:
Back