Battle Simulator Ideas and Suggestions Thread

Did my first runs. 4 runs total.

Died twice to rubberbanding, crashed once on loading.

Out of 4 I could actually do 1 run from start to end, though there was still rubberbanding, but I got up to end boss where I died. That was legit death, was beeing stupid.

There are also few "stuck" locations where you have to jump like crazy to get out, invisible wall or something. Texture probably bigger than looks :p

So you basically throw 4 PED beta testing instance at us. Thanks!

I have 100/100 fiber with very low ping, but game still is rubberbanding. Weekend was very very bad. I could shoot something and not see damage and then boom 10 hits in a row hitting mob.

1. I like it
2. Lots of good ideas already around - so no doubleposts from me ;)
3. At last map, mobs sometimes get "Unreachable" - this makes no sense in the context of BattleSim.
4. A few skills maybe?? :)

Oh and Please: a new Name - its an attack on the Robot Homeworld - so name it something like that. & More !!! :wtg:

Another idea from me:

Have two rewards system instead of the one in place now.

I can see it happening that the same players will get top rewards every week which will discourage the slower people from trying/doing BatSim.

Instead, apart from keeping the current one, have 25-50% of the prize money go into a raffle system. Each run is one ticket into the raffle. So the more runs you do the more tickets you have for the raffle. (also keeping the current loot system in place)

This could create a better reason for a lot of people to do BatSim, and if it increases runs then the top fastest players would still get 'enough' prize money to make it worthwhile.

Did my first runs. 4 runs total.

Died twice to rubberbanding, crashed once on loading.

Out of 4 I could actually do 1 run from start to end, though there was still rubberbanding, but I got up to end boss where I died. That was legit death, was beeing stupid.

There are also few "stuck" locations where you have to jump like crazy to get out, invisible wall or something. Texture probably bigger than looks :p

So you basically throw 4 PED beta testing instance at us. Thanks!

I have 100/100 fiber with very low ping, but game still is rubberbanding. Weekend was very very bad. I could shoot something and not see damage and then boom 10 hits in a row hitting mob.
I haven't run BatSim myself, but I watched a few streams and saw none of this. You may be getting rubber banding, but I think that is more likely to be due to issues with EU servers than due to the BatSim specifically. I also say this because I have recently seen an increase in rubber banding on Calypso.

I run the game on very high setting with a 4k res yet inside battle sim i have to change my settings to low otherwise i lag like crazy not quite sure whats going on there.

Another idea from me:

Have two rewards system instead of the one in place now.

I can see it happening that the same players will get top rewards every week which will discourage the slower people from trying/doing BatSim.

Instead, apart from keeping the current one, have 25-50% of the prize money go into a raffle system. Each run is one ticket into the raffle. So the more runs you do the more tickets you have for the raffle. (also keeping the current loot system in place)

This could create a better reason for a lot of people to do BatSim, and if it increases runs then the top fastest players would still get 'enough' prize money to make it worthwhile.

"In-Game skills shouldn't matter!"

"RL skills shouldn't matter!"

Seems like some just want to reduce the game down to a literal slot machine; 0.9 odds, anyone can play, everyone loses.

How about this as a reason to do more BatSim runs -

Get better at the game.

I run the game on very high setting with a 4k res yet inside battle sim i have to change my settings to low otherwise i lag like crazy not quite sure whats going on there.

Lag? Or framerate drop? They are separate issues.

1. I like it
2. Lots of good ideas already around - so no doubleposts from me ;)
3. At last map, mobs sometimes get "Unreachable" - this makes no sense in the context of BattleSim.
4. A few skills maybe?? :)

Oh and Please: a new Name - its an attack on the Robot Homeworld - so name it something like that. & More !!! :wtg:

You get skillpills in proportion to the amount of time you spend in batsim... e.g. spend an hour, and you'll (likely) have 5x 20% skill pills, 1hr each).

It's a really elegant solution by MA to not directly reward skills, which would be impossible due to the TT costs etc.

Aio,

Instead of shooting down an idea, how about a thought on the matter?

Currently, BatSim is ok, but soon enough a lot of players will stop doing it because they cannot compete with the top. Eventually the incentive is gone and you are left with pennies for prizes. My idea was purely to suggest a way to continue incentive to do BatSim for all players.

Try to be more constructive about ideas, give some of your own. This is a suggestion thread - nothing here is going to be set in stone (yet?).

beeing able to profit is the incentive, atm batsim guns are decent, if nobody will run batsim like you said the MU on those guns will go up, but i would like to see higher risk higher reward kind of thing, perhaps you have to beat it in 7 minutes whit less health, and if you make it, you still get 3 ped back like always, but better MU, ofc the harder it gets also means more people will just waste those 4 peds, but if the point is to give players always a reason to run it and to reward "skill" at the same time, profit will motivate them :)

also another way to motivat players would be, that every failed attempts money goes into "jackpot", which is visible when you register, so if the jackpot would be 100 ped, and each time you get to the end you could win it, it would definetly motivate people to que more

also another way to motivat players would be, that every failed attempts money goes into "jackpot", which is visible when you register, so if the jackpot would be 100 ped, and each time you get to the end you could win it, it would definetly motivate people to que more

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is already the case. I thought I read it in one of the posts from the announcements that 'lost' ped from failed runs end up in the improved loot runs (the one where you get a message at the start).

ive havent seen that, it could be possible, if it allready retuns loot back, then i argue that pat of the failed attemt, lets say 1 ped from 4 ped, goes into jackpot, and the jackpot is visible when you register , and only 1 person can win the jackpot, its just a rare occurance, reason why they have to see the jackpot is that once they see 100 ped or whatever ammount, they will be more likely to participate in hopes of winning it

Test run 1 and FUXX BS

did test run .... ty , I am Done

No Keymboard mappping available ..

Standard keymapping like for run /move not working

Shooting ... did not get how to control it ... (*as AVA when started to move uncontlroollable already run and made to MObs ... and even shooting, was not dmging them!!! ) so 3 Evics took AVA out ...

Great BUGGEED add...

FIX THE GAME!!!! STOP Waste money on more Bugged limited audience junk!

Implement some at least basic usability testing .... (although I as far I see there is none testing at all @ Mindark, not speaking even about usability testing)

Test run 2

Managed to get to check point 2

Uncontrolable run ... (8 s left) @ 2nd checkpoint

Shooting randomly ...

Move Forward .. BAckward.... keyboard was responding differently on different times ...

Yeaa I died again

FUX

I am finished with this broken Add

more BUG

1 more Bug ...
Rings got removed ... hmm entry was posted 4 PED ... how does it become 4.01? ,.,,,, does MA got any Lawyer and has any kowledge on EU Customer rights?

Not relogged yet ... went to small Hunting run ...

noticed not equiped buff from rings ..

Open inventory .. it shows my L ring equiped ...
SOOOO Does I shot 100 PED with buff I had (inventory shows ring equiped)... or I had not ....

Rings

After relog ... Ring buff Showed up ... so graphical GLitch only

Still Question... mine hunting run after exit of instance was with buff or ... w/o it

Good side note... Ring has not been decayed

Batttle Sim

Come on MA its 2017 Make it controller compatible . PS4 control or xbox control , any controller .

I watched a run through the levels. Yes, the challenges of killing mobs and avoiding turrets etc.
To be honest, it needs to be dynamic, interesting prizes, multiplayer team events.

Aio,

Instead of shooting down an idea, how about a thought on the matter?

Currently, BatSim is ok, but soon enough a lot of players will stop doing it because they cannot compete with the top. Eventually the incentive is gone and you are left with pennies for prizes. My idea was purely to suggest a way to continue incentive to do BatSim for all players.

Try to be more constructive about ideas, give some of your own. This is a suggestion thread - nothing here is going to be set in stone (yet?).

First page, post 5. There's my ideas.

Changing the payout system to be 50% random is a ridiculous concept for a "best time wins" challenge.

Suppose you're a game developer and you have to come up with new and original ideas. This means you're in trouble 'cuz ofc you don't have any and no idea how to get em either.

So here's something that might work as a catalyst for ideas. Besides, it also contains a few ideas that are immediately applicable for games.
Bad thing is, it might be a bit hard to follow at times for all those technical terms. Good thing is, you can just skip those and enjoy the cool funky stuff.

The title is a bit misleading. John is a scientist trough and through but here he's kinda trolling the audience with "See I can throw out this New Age woo woo stuff and pull it off!" He does kinda pull it off but the real focus of the lecture is the State of Flow.
Why is Flow important for games? Because all successful games managed to generate Flow. Want to become millionaire, build a game that uses the state of flow. No need to worry too much about fancy graphics, just get the flow part right and it'll fly. :cool:

The introduction isn't that interesting, you might want to skip right to ---> 12:15
26:26 - games "hijack the state of flow"
56:30 - pattern recognition and machine learning (AI). Are we living in the Matrix?

purely personal experience events or any type of game based on that ,was always world wide incalculable succes in the world of games. Like chess, dota, mortal combat etc. So cant be wrong, keep goin:)

Don't know if it's some workaround to prevent getting access to the edit panel and keyboard map, but the change to jumping with the space key now instead of E (which is standard for rest of Universe) does not make any sense. Please make it possible to edit at least some keys, like for movement, or just change back jumping to E again.

Was about to grind tonight to try push my time down even further but I just won't bother now having to spend a lot of time to get used to the new settings first. Many others said the same.

Don't know if it's some workaround to prevent getting access to the edit panel and keyboard map, but the change to jumping with the space key now instead of E (which is standard for rest of Universe) does not make any sense. Please make it possible to edit at least some keys, like for movement, or just change back jumping to E again.

Was about to grind tonight to try push my time down even further but I just won't bother now having to spend a lot of time to get used to the new settings first. Many others said the same.

Space bar is the now the default key for jump. Can't say when exactly it changed but BS controls are in line with the current default setup.

Space bar is the now the default key for jump. Can't say when exactly it changed but BS controls are in line with the current default setup.
Default for all new avatars you mean? Nothing changed on my ava, at least. As a large part of the playerbase still has space for switching cursor/aim mode and E for jump I still think it should be possible to edit for BS, then.

Can you put a "Register" button on the scores panel so that when we finish one run we can quickly get inside again?

Right now we have to open the events panel, look for the BattleSim, open it, and finally click register.

Thanks.

random loot boxes at each section/doorway... same type of junk you get from webshop.

I really enjoy the battlesim even though I'm pretty bad at it.

As far as a suggestion, I would love to see bat sim rifles being looted as well as the handguns. Not all of us do handgun... so it would make me want to do the battle sim even more if I could loot rifles in the box at the end.

4 Vs 4 PVP tournament
8 Vs 8 PVP tournament

Society Tournament 12 vs 12

WE need more Action in People not just against A.I.

You can Expand on the tournament....

Maybe one can have a Tower Control, Capture the Flag, OR DOMINATION!!!!!

Options as well could have less Gravity or such.

Enjoy hope to see this

How about more map variety?

I would love to see the "your in luck" message not at the start of the instance.. and rather at the end. I would like it more when i looted the box rather then knowing at the start of the instance. Not sure how many like knowing that its a lucky box instance at the start vs end tho.

SpikE

Back