Battle Simulator Ideas and Suggestions Thread

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Hello Entropians!

First off, we would like to convey our appreciation for the generally positive and enthusiastic reception of the new Battle Simulator system. It has been great fun to watch the many streams and videos posted. We have a lot of ideas for the future of this new system, and some are already in development for introduction in May this year.

However, we would also like to get input from the community on this system, which is the purpose of this thread. If you have any ideas or suggestions related to the Battle Simulator, please share them with us here.

Also, please follow these rules while posting:

- Ideas and suggestions only. Discussions should be conducted in other Battle Sim threads.
- Keep it on topic and fairly brief.
- No bug reports. These should be handled via support cases.

Thank you in advance for your contributions!

Create a two player instance where it functions like zombies in call of duty. Make it a wave spawn where you and a friend work together to survive and clear the mobs as quick as possible.

For the current batsim I would suggest 3-5 maps are created and every time a new batsim season starts, pick a map at random.

Next, please change the explosion graphic and destroyed turret model. It is way to difficult to tell if you destroyed a turret or not in this current release. Also a mob counter per stage would be nice so you don't have to rely only on your radar to see if any mobs are left.

Finally what is the point of the other two weapons if everyone is only using the rocket launcher?

work on a sound message when robot die/evade so you can focus on what's important which is work on the time.
When i get a sound confirmation i won't pay attention to the radar and I can coordinate next move much better.
Also robot corpse should disappear after it gets killed because it gets messy when you killed few robots and 5 other re-spawn.
Also robot movement feels like sliding left and right and im sure you can improve that.
aoe gun needs improvement and so is slow gun .They don't get used because primary one is too good so find a balance.
I am impressed you asked for public suggestions to improve BS.
If you do that to EU I'm sure you will have at least 10 times more players actively but hey no one is perfect :)

Biggest things for me:

Fixes

- Fix the clipping issues around the level (I see you already started work on this with the latest update, but more!).
- Fix the evisi hitboxes - make them extend further downwards from the head, so that they are more easily hittable when aiming for the center.
- Fix the evisi sliding (improve pathfinding).

Improvements

- Create a new turret death animation.
- Remove corpses on death (or make it a small timeout, e.g. 5s).
- Improve death sound on mobs (too similar to attack/regular hit sound).
- Change the countdown timer to "Zone" and add a Total Time (countup) timer.

Additions

- New maps! Should be in map rotation, and have different themes to test different abilities the players have. Heavy spider map? Heavy Warlock map? Map which requires careful/accurate jumping between high-damage or instant-death pits?
- New modes. Arena combat (1v1, 2v2, 5v5) with limited deaths per team (e.g. first to 5, first to 10, first to 25 respectively. Co-op mode (create team before entering instance) either as a fixed amount (2 player) or as unlimited teams (overall time multiplied by total team members, similar to FFA mayhem).

Integration

- Integration with discord to provide a chat overlay in the simulator.
- Integration with twitch to show a list on the "Participants" page of the events, to quickly locate who is streaming via twitch.
- Integration with the rest of EU - please don't make this too "standalone". Perhaps create discreet entry points around EU (in replacement of the now un-used PVP rings?) so that we can collect to see who is entering the instances and chat around when not running them.

I guess that would be enough to go on before May ;)

I can only advise that you charge the 4 PED on instance completion instead of before entering. BattleSim is in alpha/beta, you can get stuck, disconnect or crash to desktop... and the 4 PED are gone forever.

Design more levels related to the gaming skills of ppl...not all ppl are shooter professionals

basic,standard,advanced,expert........

.)each with a different entry fee..e.g. basic 2 ped,easy running/mobs,with low mu loot...just for the fun factor...etc

.)little reward system up to place 100 ...so that other players are not encouraged when they are at place 75 or such

.) maybe adding a bonus like little healing/extra damage/crit chance when succeeding an optional goal ?

.) maybe adding a little puzzle functionality like memory..tic tac toe within an optional/extra box at the end?

.)an extra goal like....if you complete 50 bs rounds you can get a weapon/(L) armor or such from a npc?

Leave it as it is , you got Space to concentrate on :cool:

Change the name so it's not abbreviated as bullshit.

I can only advise that you charge the 4 PED on instance completion instead of before entering. BattleSim is in alpha/beta, you can get stuck, disconnect or crash to desktop... and the 4 PED are gone forever.

I get a lot of crashes/disconnects, mostly on loading to new areas. That is nr1 reason atm I have not started my BS sessions.

i think something cool would be different leagues. lets say 0,4 ped for the lower people, 4 ped as it is now, and 40 peds or something around that. each with his own pool and each with his own loot. that way the fastest people, if they wanne spend that much, can compete about the highest price and the slower people can still win something or at least compete for it in a different league, though will win less most likely. spread the field a bit. and let em register for a league beforehand so that they cant switch their mind and win a lower cat when they see they dont have a chance anymore.

Last edited:
Keep mapped keys in regular game on... went in hit key for autorun and stayed in place...

Create an alternative Sim that isn't timed... for when lag is evertwhere or just so folks can do practice runs to figure out the lay of the land

-add more maps
-make weapons more balanced and more situation oriented, i like the higher aoe dmg on "2", but "3" is worthless
-option to start whit advantage when entering for extra ped ofc(gun, health, move speed, whatever)
-more features on maps, you can pick up health atm, add multiple things you could pick up( gun type, damage buff)
-a stopwatch, atm the only way to know how fast i am is by checking remaining time
-multiple paths, this would include if you add multiple ways of damaging enemys there would be multiple strategys to choose from
-atm i feal like battle sim is for noobs, it costs little to enter and the rewards a pretty nice for that, since that is the case add a unique ingridient to the loot at the end like sweat (not sweat)

i dont mind that enemys dont despawn or not make a specific sound when they die, i view that as part of the chalennge, just like the damage interval, keep it as random as possible and as difficult as possible, otherwise youl end up whit a bunch of people on the same time hoping for the best rng spawns

Add a survival melee mode battle instance, i.e no timelimit, you just need to survive, and make it wave style, depending how fast you complete each wave, you can get boosts/portion of hp restored, as a balancing aspect.
The mobs shouldn't have too high aggro otherwise probably impossible.

The "ped entry fee" can be 10k sweat, but you'll be quite inferior in your abilities/stats compared to the normal 5 ped fee. This will allow regular non depositor players to have a shot at it, also may help economy, more ppl would be doing it, who knows a non depositor may become a depositor once he/she has had a taste of this battle instance.

Use the system as a 3rd alternative to Merry Mayhem... ;)

• Different maps and mobs. This is robots, add wildlife and mutant varieties.
  • Different weapons, including melee
  • Allow a healing tool, particularly for a melee instance.
  • POST RUN STATS!
    • Time per section
    • Shots Fired VS Shots Hit/Missed/Evaded (ie How good is my real aim?)
    • Total damage inflicted
    • Total damage received

A few ideas
1. Add a quick button by default that shows top 10 speedrun records anywhere in the game. Maybe with an option to see in depth stats on the particular runs.
2. Add global message when someone beats the record.
3. Put an icon on the head on those that beat the record. Icon is removed when record is beaten.
Maybe other visible rewards that makes the speedrunners look cool.
4. Spectator mode.
5. Checkpoints: The player can save checkpoints. If the player fails at a certain stage the checkpoint can be used. For every time the checkpoint is used a time reduction will be done.
6. Yea, maps maps maps, as someone suggested.
7. Make additional structures to the speedrun maps which the players have to overcome to continue. Like pits, lava, timed lasers or other traps. Adds another layer of skills needed.

Maybe add some incentive like a skill pill for getting a time under 10 mins etc. Which should motivate people to improve their time even if they cant compete with the top times.

Add an option for player-created, semi-customisable tournaments, either public or private. In other words, something that combines the mechanics/maps of the Battle Sim with the customisability of the event system.

Add another map, another mob, represent huge monster from all other planet. Simulation for Universe! :D thanks for bugs fixed.

BatSim SURVIVAL

Placed on a map similar to merrymayhems donut shape

Objective is to kill as many creatures as possible as fast as possible

Winning score based on kill count

Creature aggro set to high so player cant sit back and mow them down and is forces to move to avoid damage

The more creatures killed the more spawned for every creature death multiply spawn count by 1.2x
boss spawned Every 100 creatures killed, bosses increase in difficulty the more creature batches are exterminated.

No healing no checkpoint, death ends the instance without loot and kill count upon death is scored

Loot crates in each 12,3,6,9 o'clock positions, looting results in ending instance and placing killcount on leader board just as death

remove it :D

and stop dropping guns from it, we already have enough sources for guns, don´t need more !

how about some trackmania kind of racing simulator mode where people race against each other or best time made player "ghost" car trying to beat his time.

or something like mario kart :laugh: :laugh:

how about some trackmania kind of racing simulator mode where people race against each other or best time made player "ghost" car trying to beat his time.

or something like mario kart :laugh: :laugh:

and make it so only the leaders can see the spawned fruits.

Team based battlesim each pays same amount, loot is divided evenly between members no items. Maybe have an auto player queue where you randomly get put with people who are in queue. Good way meeting new people and increasing Social Cohesion within the game.

You could have it profession based ie a team needs a medic right or a sniper for those pesky long range guns or an almighty brawler who just loves getting up and close. Endless possibility's with this one and done right would be good fun in a group working together.

You could tailor the avatars hp to suit their roles for instance brawler would have lots hp lots of damage. sniper has low hp but has super range. If you tailor the mob or instance right losing one of these members early on could make it tricky to complete further down the line.

And for god sake include some cool mindforce stuff!

Last edited:
Health packs would be nice, small ones along the way as the one that is present is hidden although it has waypoint marker it should be coloured differently as on a high resolution the marker doesn't obviously say HP it just looks too similar to the end point.

It would be nice if all the walls actually stopped enemy fire, kept doing my usual fps thing of dodging behind things only for the fire to pass right through.

A different gun, similar to a machine gun would also be nice. Anything with a decent rate of fire is preferable to any of the three currently available.

BS brings a new line of business model into EU, also caters to the "eSports" audience. It has the potential to bring a whole new gameplay perspective into EU. I see great potential, and I thank you for reaching out to the community for public ideas. The healthy MA-client interactions really could help the ecosystem along the ways.

All great advices out there. Besides all the gfx/sound improvements, and possible map additions (so less likely to see exact same individuals winning every competition round) to focus on first, I would say: make the loot complementary to existing loot outside of the BS, so BS doesn't drop loot that could be found elsewhere. Low TT consumables, used outside of the BS, could be a preliminary start at this stage. Later on, maybe introduce items that could be used inside the BS to enhance the gameplay.

Adding extra competition prize categories when certain prize pools are reached is an interesting idea, I think. For example, if the prize pool is more than 500 PED/day or 2500 PED in total, give out prizes awarding another performance category as well. For instance, a category awarding high accuracy(landed shots/total shots) + low damage taken + total mobs killed across all runs, via the following formula: sum over all runs of [((accuracy) to the power of (damage taken / 100)) multiply by the total mobs killed]. Each participant can only be awarded with one prize, so more chances for contestants.

Also, into the distant future, there could be another skill gained specifically from BS that contributes to the avatar's HP. Different competing categories could be based on this skill point. Ok, this is starting to sound like an EU inside EU at this point, I'll stop here. :)

Thank you,
Ivan

Hello Entropians!

First off, we would like to convey our appreciation for the generally positive and enthusiastic reception of the new Battle Simulator system. It has been great fun to watch the many streams and videos posted. We have a lot of ideas for the future of this new system, and some are already in development for introduction in May this year.

However, we would also like to get input from the community on this system, which is the purpose of this thread. If you have any ideas or suggestions related to the Battle Simulator, please share them with us here.

Also, please follow these rules while posting:

- Ideas and suggestions only. Discussions should be conducted in other Battle Sim threads.
- Keep it on topic and fairly brief.
- No bug reports. These should be handled via support cases.

Thank you in advance for your contributions!

Oh, Ludvig, I forgot.

It might just be for me, but please please please please please add a "forfeit" button so I can quickly restart when I know a run has gone badly :yup:

The amount of times I have spent 1min searching for the nearest lavapool ;)

Oh, Ludvig, I forgot.

It might just be for me, but please please please please please add a "forfeit" button so I can quickly restart when I know a run has gone badly :yup:

The amount of times I have spent 1min searching for the nearest lavapool ;)

You can close the game and log back in, way faster than suicide.

But yeah, suicide button would be nice.

You can close the game and log back in, way faster than suicide.

But yeah, suicide button would be nice.

Lose soc messages, plus it's a hassle (type u/pword, open pocket on phone, etc)

Back