Battle Simulator Ideas and Suggestions Thread

I know its probably not the most popular request, but limit the dropped guns in there?

Dropped guns in an instance like this at the rate they are dropping will kill what little markups hunters or crafters can get out of drops found by playing the game as it was designed through hunting and crafting.

As it stands I know several people who simply farm the 10 minute instance for guns that generally take hundreds to thousands of peds to cycle to maybe drop a similar gun in loot. These people have stopped cycling thousands of peds a day to just a couple hundred, and contribute nothing toward the economy that needs much help already.

This doesn't even factor that those people no longer are buying guns as well, creating a bigger problem with being able to sell crafted/looted guns, because they don't need guns to run an instance.

We have 10 million (L) gun options and crafters and hunters continually get the shaft when it comes to markups for these items. At what point will we ever say.... this is enough weapons to choose from?

Its bad balancing in my opinion, and will have real negative effects for people who rely on markups...something critical to success in this game.

Mindforce amps would be very nice , oh wait this is a BS thread , but yeah Mindforce amps.

Introduce a maze pvp version that each player pays to enter, the avatars are all the same as in battlesim. Make the payouts based on kills in the match in a free for all pvp fest.

I'll be the first to admit i'm not great at battlesim but decent, the whole backwards running half speed thing is probably what annoys me the most. The top 10+ have it down to turn jump shoot turn jump shoot over and over to negate this effect. Canceling this speed nerf would be a good start to seeing others in the top ranks.

Overall I think it's great fun and probably makes me spend way more peds than what I normally would.

( Also my computer may new a decent upgrade to really fine tune my runs? :scratch2: )

It's a platform system, develop it as a toolkit and give it out to PP's to fiddle around with.
Single player mode is a good start (PP's might want to make their own versions).
However, unless it (eventually) reaches the multiplayer level I don't think it's really worth the effort.

Aio (and others) already mentioned the basic multiplayer features. I would add Capture the Flag, make all map types customizable (rules and types of the game) and let the PP's run with it.

Dynamic multiplayer maps might eventually lead to a choice--either keep time based high scores or move to some kind of point based system. Or give both up and go for more variety, highly unpredictable. Golden rule: The more entertaining it is the better.

Random spawns and/or on the fly generated random landscapes. Player-generated traps/mines/obstacles.
Random spawns that follow some kind of meta-rule that can be predicted (to a degree).
Like, put all the different spawns on the map onto an imaginary wheel _mostly_ in the same order--once you know which spawn is in one valley you can guess what's the most likely spawn at the mountain pass to the South, etc

Rock–paper–scissors could be one way to do it:
ie a team needs a medic right or a sniper for those pesky long range guns or an almighty brawler who just loves getting up and close. Endless possibility's with this one and done right would be good fun in a group working together.

Another: You can gain skills and use your existing skills BUT both are "compressed" (say 50%). Idea is to make the differences between players appear smaller.
Instance classes, based on skill levels. Tournaments for all instance classes, with players moving up the ladder during their "career" in EU.

Long road I know, but there's no hurry. Better make it slow and get it right than blow it with the usual half-assed work. :cool:

Many thanks in advance!

Nothing to be seen here. Mod delete please.

Last edited:
I know its probably not the most popular request, but limit the dropped guns in there?

Dropped guns in an instance like this at the rate they are dropping will kill what little markups hunters or crafters can get out of drops found by playing the game as it was designed through hunting and crafting.

As it stands I know several people who simply farm the 10 minute instance for guns that generally take hundreds to thousands of peds to cycle to maybe drop a similar gun in loot. These people have stopped cycling thousands of peds a day to just a couple hundred, and contribute nothing toward the economy that needs much help already.

This doesn't even factor that those people no longer are buying guns as well, creating a bigger problem with being able to sell crafted/looted guns, because they don't need guns to run an instance.

We have 10 million (L) gun options and crafters and hunters continually get the shaft when it comes to markups for these items. At what point will we ever say.... this is enough weapons to choose from?

Its bad balancing in my opinion, and will have real negative effects for people who rely on markups...something critical to success in this game.
or maybe just make the guns that do drop in there only work in there since this thing is more or less just a clone of the hub and there's lots of stuff related to the hub that only works in the hub... maybe also perhaps allow some guns that drop here to work inside of the hub itself or similar places, etc.

Also, suggestion for more maps is a good one... if it's the same exact maps those that learn it well will get faster than the rest who don't practice as often/can't afford to practice as often, etc.... put in like 20-50 maps, and make it so you can only play on each map variation once per day, and it'll randomly assign em to you... so you could play multiple times a day, but not on the same map more than once a day.

Otherwise make it limited to only so many 'turns' per day max similar to the max you have in compets... only one sim per day per map limit seems fair.

While it does make sense from a business perspective to want to be greedy and allow folks who pay to win by letting em play same instance 3000 times a day, that kinda defeats your whole premise of making it a place where everyone has the same chance that you are advertising the hell out of on this thing.

Also, perhaps put in more ways to loot, etc. Instead of one way to loot at the very end, do like one loot box place every 1/4 of the way through so that those that don't make it to the very end at least get something back for participating. Make those loot places 'auto looted' or at least put the box somewhere easy to find next to a doorway between sections or something so that folks won't have to go looking for it too far off of the main path...

Last but not least... this thing is a 'global' thing supposedly... no avatar can sell things in the 'global auction' yet... perhaps you can allow us to start selling in there but only for items that only work in the sim and nowhere else? Maybe make items sold in there have no auction fee? Sounds crazy, right, maybe, but you removed the monthly rent on shops long ago, which also probably seemed like an impossibly crazy idea before it happened...

Also, related to that global auction idea... create a token to buy items that work in there, similar to the lime green ones in the hub and put in a shop npc at the beginning before you aggro anything and at the end before you exit that both allow you to use the tokens to buy stuff in there... also put a shop that takes the tokens out in real game somewhere that you can access without going in to the sim... and allow these tokens to be tradeable, but only in that feeless global auction mentioned above.

Allow bid increments on the global auction to be at pec level instead of at ped level, but make it so auction ends at actual end time, and doesn't add 5 minutes like regular auction. Allow us to put in a buyout though so that we aren't handing everything to auction snipers.

Make it so you get one of these tokens at the beginning auto looted so you at least get something to show for going in, even if you don't kill one mob, just as a sort of reward for at least trying. Allow the shop at beginning to be checked out before timer starts, and only start timer after first aggro... Allow shop at end to have the most uber items for in sim use only, but make it so that you only have a minute to buy there or browse there before you get kicked out of the sim... the one in the main game before you go in the sim should have ok items, but that are lower end stuff that isn't as useful than the shops in the sim... perhaps limited to armor in the one outside of the sim, lower level or damage weapons in shop at beginning of the sim and higher damage stuff in shop at end that you only have 30 seconds to a minute to browse before sim ends... all items that you can only trade inside of the 'global auction'...

these shop ideas are probably go against the idea/theme that it's equal in there for everyone, but at the same time, since there's a shop in the hub, it doesn't seem logical to do something similar on this thing... to reward those that go in and try it over and over... as far as the ladder goes, maybe do different ladders for those that use none of the stuff from the shop, and another for those that used items, etc.

Last edited:
Also, shorter sim option would be nice... the one that existed was ok, but most were claiming that they had to have like at minimum 11 minutes to complete it... do another option that is closer to 5, another one that is closer to 1-2 minutes, leave the one that takes 10-20 mintues, and then do a third option that is closer to half an hour long... so folks that don't have a lot of free time can just randomly do one of the short ones, or those that do have free time can take a longer option...

On the map suggestions, perhaps make em use in game locations.... and as suggested in another post, give someone in the participant base ability to do modifications on it, etc.

Not suggesting you copy/paste ideas from other companies, but you should seriously look at some of the mmo companies are doing in allowing players to do their own story creations, etc., especially since you are already heading in that direction with the entire participant run thing you are doing with Rocktropia's game master options for shop owners... maybe do a map based on each city and allow folks that do own estates in those cities to set up their own instances that they can modify, etc. Imagining places like Omegaton where you'd have to battle through every apartment from the bottom floor all the way to the top with televator inaccessible until you get to the top...

if you do the city option, perhaps remake maps in the sim that will later show up in real game, aiming to bring back the old school pre-vu 10 look to places like minopolis, etc. The sim would be a preview of what's coming to the location in a half year or something. A sort of way to play-test the bugs out before it's in the real game... maybe make entry fee to these play-test sims free to enter or cheaper than the main battle sim. You always are getting complaints about no one testing stuff before it's released - change that...

Make skills matter!

Many people have worked very hard for their skills in this game, put in countless of peds and lost in skilling just to try get better in the game.

This kind of system is just a slap in the face, and that's why I did not and will not do it. This is not apart of the game originally.

It's no secret that entropia has lost alot of old players, we still have some high skillers left because they want to get better, what do you believe will happen when skills is totally worthless?

XP you have the other 99.9% of the game where skills matter a lot. The whole point of the Battle Simulator is that everyone has equal chances... come on.

Make skills matter!

Many people have worked very hard for their skills in this game, put in countless of peds and lost in skilling just to try get better in the game.

This kind of system is just a slap in the face, and that's why I did not and will not do it. This is not apart of the game originally.

It's no secret that entropia has lost alot of old players, we still have some high skillers left because they want to get better, what do you believe will happen when skills is totally worthless?

pretty much agree with this.
I came to Eu after playing blizzard games.I got so tired because no END GAME and developer added new VU and reset skills and work in other words fuck your work you go back to zero with the other guys.
Skills has to make a difference.

doesnt it require skill to win at FPS?

all the folks that have been playing for years using "select next target, auto use tool, loot,... repeat" get sad because they actually have to use mouse movements for things other than taking precious damage on their EST.

lets be honest, this game (until battle sim) was not about skill with a mouse and keyboard... it was about dumping money into the economy and getting back items / loots / event prizes / whatever to justify the input into the economy. Battle Sim introduced a skill with mouse and keyboard part of the game, that was never previously there. It likely allows players that dont stand a chance at depositing 100k USD into winning something.

And now we want to take that away... seems about right...

UBERS that use 3 key strokes to hunt 16 hours a day, are sad that a novice EU player with actual FPS skills has a chance at winning a couple hundred ped... yah.. we should probably cast them out like we do from MM, HM, EM, etc...

dont be sad that EU rookie wins.. take the time to get better at FPS, try to develop a strategy that could become competitive with other decent FPS players (not decent grinders)...

FML... i really dont like being negative.. but this is absurd. " i guess i will be a sad panda because i lack fine motor skills to compete in FPS " ....

I started this sad being angry that folks are mad that something is competitive... Now, done typing, I am smiling, because I feel like MA made something that everyone has a chance to compete in (if they so choose). Its 4 ped, that allows even sweaters to go out and give their try at battle sim...

Please lets not try and make this 'skill dependent' and drive out 92% of the participants so that we see the same names on top of battle sim that we see in every MM. To be honest, I dont participate in battle sim, but I do think MA is on the right track by allowing it to be way more inclusive than any of their bigger events.

Anyway, going back to the current iteration of the battle simulator: What the hell did you do to the loot? I am like 20-25 runs today, no bonus, no guns, no skill pills and barely any output. Every run was 3 PED TT food.

Whatever you did, the change has been pretty noticeable. Unless, of course, this is another example of the famous loot waves... total crap.

Anyway, going back to the current iteration of the battle simulator: What the hell did you do to the loot? I am like 20-25 runs today, no bonus, no guns, no skill pills and barely any output. Every run was 3 PED TT food.

Whatever you did, the change has been pretty noticeable. Unless, of course, this is another example of the famous loot waves... total crap.

Same, has been quite the contrast since the 24 hrs earlier

XP you have the other 99.9% of the game where skills matter a lot. The whole point of the Battle Simulator is that everyone has equal chances... come on.
Equal chances are OK. Now step back and think. Suppose BS will go nowhere? Means you won't have your equal opportunity.
Suppose it will be a success, they'll get everything right and it's entertaining as hell. Means the rest of the game will die. At the first signs of the rest of the game dying all the investors will make a run on a bank, all skilled players will try to sell out... In short, you won't have your equal opportunity.

It seems perfectly logical to me that skilled player should be able to participate in all the lower multiplayer categories (with skills reduced to the max allowed level for that category).
It's not Merry Mayhem, if we can't mix up players in team queues at the low activity times it's a serious design flaw.

In the multiplayer-type instances the success should be balanced between:
  • team work and experience (miners make good deminers, good team leader is better than a good sniper, etc)
  • player (RL) skill
  • in-game skill

Relying only on RL skill would end up with the Space 2.0--a few successful pirates with exceptionally good hand-eye coordination, a few pirate wannabes and all the rest unable and/or unwilling to compete.
If your little mini game assumes you'll have to replace your whole player base maybe something's not quite right there. In the end of the day, the name of the game is still EU.

I honestly think you are going to unnecessary extremes. Battle Sim opens the game to whole new group of people, that can't be that bad even if it's very far from perfect.

Whatever happens I'm certain it won't kill the game, and probably will not make it explode with players. It's just new grounds the devs are testing, all I'm saying is let's not be so quick to judge (I make that mistake too very often) and see where things go.

The whole point of BS is to encourage people to compete on equal terms, if you want to remove that then ok. But that's like ordering a tuna sandwich and then requesting they remove the bread and the tuna.

People complain that MA doesn't innovate, then when they do the sky is suddenly falling. Damn, relax a bit and enjoy the game :(

i really dont get all this crying about equal opportunity being bad. its the first time in the history of this game that MA made something from scratch and apart from a few balancing issues it works great. just ridiculous. but the ubers always crying right? why should the normal player have any kind of a good time in this game right? fuck them all off and make the game so that only ubers have a chance, right?. jesus. just fuck off. seriously.

snip .......

Last edited:
I think Would MA's continuous inability to innovate kill the game? isn't the right question. The right question is, How long will it take?

I didn't ask either of those questions.

However, if you suggest all the multiplayer instances should also follow the exact same recipe then...

I didn't suggest that.

who's the one ordering a tuna sandwich and then requesting they remove the bread and the tuna? ;)

I don't know, not me that's for sure. Elaborate otherwise.

Don't be so pessimistic. If you already give up on the success before you even start... you'll most likely get what you aiming for and that's it.

Where was I pessimistic? all the contrary. Also I don't understand what you say, give up on what? I'm not giving up on anything.

At this point I'm not sure if you quoted me by mistake :S

Back to the topic now.

EDIT: Not trying to sound like an a-hole, was typing in a hurry :)

Last edited:
snip .........

Last edited:
add level of difficulty easy, medium, hard.

Fix the bugs please.

One run failed because of lag, couldn't shoot anymore but ofcourse the robots could and killed me.
Another run failed because the door to the second zone opened and instantly closed again, locking me in the first zone with no way out.

Trying to find my way into the second zone going through the walls (bugs too) was not possible.

Other than that, if I shoot directly at a mob, it misses. If I aim to shoot over it, it hits.

Actually I got a more legitimate suggestion.

The robots named "L3 TLS-1" (the small ones that are grouped), it would be cool if those could turn into a pet reward that can only come from the lootbox in the end.

more platform should be fun. fortress to attack, like unreal 2.

Keyed instance rather than event

Rather than just paying 4 PED to get in and then adding loot from the run to the economy it could be balanced by requiring a crafted key to get in.

Use some nice common mats so MU doesn't become prohibitive... oils, sweat/diluted sweat, maybe EPs or residue? A 4 PED muscle oil and EP recipe (maybe like 1 - 10 sweat tossed in for fun) that can't fail would keep MU to just a few pecs and help stimulate the market, even if only a little.

Just SOMETHING so that there's a flow of items in and out rather than just basically putting 4 PED into the TT and coming out with loot.

Make the battle simulator default as the main event page when opened.

I was defaulted to calypso and accidentally bought a 100 ped ticket to Chiee's event as it's the only one ongoing atm so I thought it was the battle simulator. Chiee won't refund either as a policy apparently so i'm out that 100 peds I guess :scratch2:

Sucks cause I'm not a big hunter so I can't even go participate.

Make the battle simulator default as the main event page when opened.

I was defaulted to calypso and accidentally bought a 100 ped ticket to Chiee's event as it's the only one ongoing atm so I thought it was the battle simulator. Chiee won't refund either as a policy apparently so i'm out that 100 peds I guess :scratch2:

Sucks cause I'm not a big hunter so I can't even go participate.

You thought !*1250PED* Ambulimax at LA24 was Battle Simulator Battle :scratch2:

Oh well mistakes happen, but remember what you said in the past Rusty.

If I do, I don't go crying about it expecting some money back. If you fuck up just take it like a man <removed>

aa-asking-alexandria-core-heavy-karma-is-a-bitch-Favim.com-291215.gif

Rather than just paying 4 PED to get in and then adding loot from the run to the economy it could be balanced by requiring a crafted key to get in.

Use some nice common mats so MU doesn't become prohibitive... oils, sweat/diluted sweat, maybe EPs or residue? A 4 PED muscle oil and EP recipe (maybe like 1 - 10 sweat tossed in for fun) that can't fail would keep MU to just a few pecs and help stimulate the market, even if only a little.

Just SOMETHING so that there's a flow of items in and out rather than just basically putting 4 PED into the TT and coming out with loot.

I got an IDEA! A swear jar but for bugs! Every time you hit a bug put a ped in a jar and MA will match it. Soon you'll have enough to depo and by then you'll know better! And MA - if they can bear it - will know in a few days how bad the bug situation is. And voila - win win:)

Back