Hit rate is constant 90%

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
For 4,743,878 weapon uses registered in my chat.log, I have a 90.1% hit rate since September 1st 2015 (as far back as my current chat.logs go).
"Weapon uses" is defined by "System" lines with inflicted, critical, evaded, or missed, appearing in them.

In that time I mostly use BLP pistols that I am maxed on, but I have used a wide variety of different weapons, including melee and arson chips. It also includes the couple dozen BatSim runs.

If you have Cygwin installed, or any other version of awk, this is the simple one-liner I used:
Code:
awk ' $3 == "[System]" && ($6 == "inflicted" || $5 == "Critical") { H+=1; }  $3 == "[System]" && ($6 == "evaded" || $6 == "missed") { M+=1;} END { print H ; print M; R=H/(H+M); print R; print H+M; }'

If the hit rate can be so stable, it must mean loot and returns can be too... so if my loot always sucks, must mean something... right?

For 4,743,878 weapon uses registered in my chat.log, I have a 90.1% hit rate since September 1st 2015 (as far back as my current chat.logs go).
"Weapon uses" is defined by "System" lines with inflicted, critical, evaded, or missed, appearing in them.

In that time I mostly use BLP pistols that I am maxed on, but I have used a wide variety of different weapons, including melee and arson chips. It also includes the couple dozen BatSim runs.

If you have Cygwin installed, or any other version of awk, this is the simple one-liner I used:
Code:
awk ' $3 == "[System]" && ($6 == "inflicted" || $5 == "Critical") { H+=1; }  $3 == "[System]" && ($6 == "evaded" || $6 == "missed") { M+=1;} END { print H ; print M; R=H/(H+M); print R; print H+M; }'

If the hit rate can be so stable, it must mean loot and returns can be too... so if my loot always sucks, must mean something... right?

return % is the only thing YOU can change it.

return % is the only thing YOU can change it.

How can you increase the Return %?

Is it by doing the following?
- Using as economical a weapon as possible.
- Hunting mobs that drop high MU items.

Every gun/weapon/item has the exact same stats for hit/evade (90/10). The mob does not affect this.

In every other way, they all differ.

If every gun/weapon/item had the exact same DPS/DPP/all other stats, and every mob was the same, and every player played the exact same amount all the time, then yes, your returns would be the same all the time.

This is very simple :dunce:

I'm pretty sure that there is an error. it is 90.00 and not 90.1 - for sure! :)

I hesitate to post this because I don't think you genuinely want to solve or understand why loot might be for you what it is. In absence of you tracking on a sheet for others to tell you opportunities, I will show you my journey from January 2016 to March 2017 (even though I have already said this a few times in my log).

That's from January 2016 to March 2017. Every red Arrow is a minus 1000ped day or more and a green Arrow is the opposite.

G - Gear Change
L - Level Change
$ - 1000ped+ loot

Tons of gear changes and much unmaxed weapon use. Up to you what you get from this graph. I'm no special avatar who gets tons of big loots or a chosen avatar. All I know is eco and length of hunts matter.

That equates to 101.07% after mu on 1.5M cycled.

Last edited:
Back