Info: Item has totally vanished

sachi.mk2

Old Alpha
I was flying in space to Cyrene from Calypso, about 8000au from Cyrene and I got glitched in space and kept getting returned to the same position.

vehiclelost.gif

Last edited:
So... did you put in a support case ?

And are you the same person as the space is broken thread chap?

bug2.gif

Tried again, and got a "you cant enter deep space error" nowhere near where that should occur.

Not sure if this bug is just related to my account.

Last edited:
I do know there is a lot of rubber banding going on. Sometimes I see a mob corpse way off from where I killed it.

Question is if there are support cases for it.

And are you the same person as the space is broken thread chap?

No that was me

Thanks for highlighting it, missed your thread. Guess that explains the problem then.

I managed to turn around, from the location in my above picture, then fly back to Calypso to get the 2ped enter message, clicked Yes but nothing has occured. Still in space.

Recommend to everyone not to enter space.

Especially since this sounds like an easy way to get tagged by a pirate and you visually aren't anywhere near them. Not good at all.

how long till we get a replay from MA???

I had the same problem as you last night, just never thought to turn back and try to go back to Calypso... Guess my Quad is loss somewhere :D I did sent a support case, no answer yet.

I had the same problem as you last night, just never thought to turn back and try to go back to Calypso... Guess my Quad is loss somewhere :D I did sent a support case, no answer yet.

Saw plenty of quads floating in space where I got stuck.

Last edited:
Not to worry - MA is working on something completely different - and crossing their fingers all the bugs will just go away. Pray for MA they need it now more than ever.

I didn't send one. It was returned without me doing anything.

It does return to storage after 30 min or so or you can recall it. Though not sure why you couldn't see it on the website.

Though not sure why you couldn't see it on the website.

All sorts of nasty things can happen when the space servers go offline, been that way for years.
How is your inventory list supposed to display something that doesn't exist on any functional server?

Not sure if its been fixed or not, but there was a nasty one where if you backed a mothership up to a planet border and someone flew out the back past the line, they would enter limbo as well..... they would exist in an area that was not a server, in effect they ceased existing to all known MA servers and could not do anything without direct intervention from MA.

These same issues have occurred for years when space servers have gone offline, the way your avatar and possessions are handled cease to exist, yet somehow you are still there untill you are somewhere else (for example re-logging and ending up at a station) yet your ship still is in some no longer existing location. (crashed space server)

All sorts of nasty things can happen when the space servers go offline, been that way for years.
How is your inventory list supposed to display something that doesn't exist on any functional server?

Not sure if its been fixed or not, but there was a nasty one where if you backed a mothership up to a planet border and someone flew out the back past the line, they would enter limbo as well..... they would exist in an area that was not a server, in effect they ceased existing to all known MA servers and could not do anything without direct intervention from MA.

These same issues have occurred for years when space servers have gone offline, the way your avatar and possessions are handled cease to exist, yet somehow you are still there untill you are somewhere else (for example re-logging and ending up at a station) yet your ship still is in some no longer existing location. (crashed space server)

Interesting. Kind of explains what happened, but doesn't make me feel any better. It's really amazing how fragile this game is and how they have managed to keep it working all these years. What I'd like to see is an effort to rebuild the platform though. If I felt like that was going to ever happen I would spend more time talking about the virtues of this game.

This is why I always take the free tp from caly to other planets.

owait, nvm.

you are delusional if you think MA will allow tp to other planets and it certainly wouldnt be free.

It does return to storage after 30 min or so or you can recall it. Though not sure why you couldn't see it on the website.

Items spawned in-world (vehicles, pets) don't get listed in your web inventory.

Finally managed to get the 2ped entry to work after a few tries. If you are stuck in space, don't logout, try and fly back to your planet of origin, or you'll probably lose your ship.

Just as a precaution, I would highly recommend that you do not hunt, mine or craft for the next few days whilst your in the game.

If I remember correctly, there was an occasion where some people flew through space and landed on a planet, hunted for a while only to find that all their hunting loot was gone....after logging back in the next day.

Apparently there was some bug which caused them to exist both in space and on planet.....think they ended up being relieved of their hunting loot....

(Even their quads were burning fuel despite them being logged off...)

Ever since that case, it has always been a good rule of thumb to "not" travel through space when there has been a major patch.

Just as a precaution, I would highly recommend that you do not hunt, mine or craft for the next few days whilst your in the game.

If I remember correctly, there was an occasion where some people flew through space and landed on a planet, hunted for a while only to find that all their hunting loot was gone....after logging back in the next day.

Apparently there was some bug which caused them to exist both in space and on planet.....think they ended up being relieved of their hunting loot....

(Even their quads were burning fuel despite them being logged off...)

Ever since that case, it has always been a good rule of thumb to "not" travel through space when there has been a major patch.

I did hunt a little bit on Calypso last night.

Last edited:
Back