Oil Rig (Suggestion)

ntelinatsos

Stalker
Society
GU ---> A&D ---> pk ck ---> OU ---> GU HQ ---> cks ---> Synergen ---> Guess Who
Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos
hi, first of all i want to do a question to everyone that gonna read this post.. do you think that oil rig should benefit pkers or should benefit low lvl players that have nothing better to do than spending an hour looking to get 3-5ped oil?

if you think that oil rig should benefit low lvl players, then you don't need to keep reading my post, but if you think that oil rig should benefit pkers and pvp (as action), then you can keep reading..

i think i have the perfect idea to make oil rig useless to players that going there with no skills, pvp gear and ammo/peds to spend in pvp (i know that many low lvl players will hate me for what i'm gonna write)

well, let's say that oil rig change tomorrow and instead of dropping oil in random positions -that could everyone pick- add the oil directly to the inventory of the "claimer"

let's imagine that someone goes in the rig and no one is there. The first thing he has to do (to start getting oil) is to operate the oil rig and become the "claimer" of the rig. Now the oil will move directly to his inventory for as long he is in a range of 20m far from the rig and he is still alive (instead of dropping on the ground and have to pick it up).

Let's imagine now that a second guy goes to the rig, he can see the "claimer" having a red tag on him. The second guy can't become a claimer too (only one claimer exist at a time).
He has three choise: first is to leave the rig, second choise is to team up with him and split the oil and the third option is to kill the claimer and become the new claimer of the rig.. and somewhere here the pvp starts!!

Benefits for MA: players will start spending peds doing pvp if they want to become claimers and get the oil
Benefits for low lvl players: none!! they actually getting kicked from the rig as long they can't kill a high lvl pker.
So, no more free oil for everyone!!
Benefits for high lvl players/pkers: they don't need to spend peds to keep their position as a claimer. They only have to spend peds if someone try to kill them (no need to spend ammo to someone that comes to rig only to make you waste ammo) or when they have to kill the claimer. They can get oil while afk (if no one else try to kill the claimer).

additional infos:
-if the claimer logout or leave the rig, someone else could operate the rig and become the new claimer
-if none is in the rig, the rig could either stack the oil and give it to the first claimer or drop the oil around like it currently does
-about mobs, vehicles, etc.. i let it to your judgment and imagination

thanks for reading, stelios..

A rig ain't a deed. Sounds like u want a deed. Please see the nearest brown coat about making a purchase for a deed.

If they do this red zone should be shrunk to 200 ft around rig... so pvp zone is just in that area making claimer easier target

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense. I thought making the area lootable might spice the things up, but this is much better. They can even open the Orthos rig back.

not a super bad idea ;D... they should make oil spawn continiously though so you get a few pecs every few seconds

means a claimer that only lives 1 minute might still get something(but not much)

I am for helping noobs progress however this will not guarantee me that the oil they pick will be used in the progress of becoming a better avatar ingame.
Also the idea of getting free stuff ingame forever doesn't seem very motivational for me.
Afterall this is a VERY competitive game.At some point you need to get pissed by someone and skill up to be better than him ( yes I belong to this category)
If you constantly get babysit by game mechanism you won't go anywhere therefore I think FFA rig is better overall

Pvp

Good idea. Or make the rig lootable. I dont log inn often anymore. But when i log inn after months away its still same low lvl avatar that run around to pick the oil. Pvp is dead. Pvprs leaves the game if ma dont do anthing...

It cracks me up when players get all offended if they get shot at the rig and take personal offence! Its in the PVP zone, you do not need to enter. There is an order of understanding, but chaos can break loose at any moment!

Pkers and low level players looking to earn some peds rather than depositing. These are the only two classes of people mentioned here so far.
But what about another class of players not mentioned, losers & bullies who like to get their kicks at the expense of players much weaker than they are.

If someone loves PKing so much - well go to a PK zone & go head to head in the zones against other players of similar inclination, or hunt down players who want to live dangerously in the hope of getting special ores etc that can be found in such dangerous places.

I would suggest that the Oil Rig (the noob one anyway) was only PvP to allow a sort of rough justice for players who are inconsiderate of others (pushing into the line & doing other antisocial stuff). Not for stronger players, self appointed "guardians" (of their own & mates privilege).
Or, for epsycopaths (what was that players name? batshitesmoke or something like that?) who enjoy making new players jump through hoops & do demeaning stuff.

There is some benefit in the OPs suggeston maybe - it could do with some tweaking.

Back