Is There a Better Way of Organizing My Stuff?

wandererp

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Achilles Abe Alberich
Just thought I'd run this through the community and see if anybody has any better ideas.

Let's say I have some stuff listed for sale on this forum and some other stuff that I promised to hold for someone. I would like to keep this 2 groups of stuff separate from the mess in my inventory. I have the following options:

1. Store the respective groups of stuff in the inventories of vehicles or storage boxes. However, there are limitations in the number of items and weight which will make this option unworkable for a lot of stuff or stuff that weighs a lot.
  2. Dedicate sections of my inventory for certain groups of stuff. However, there is no way I can properly label the groups. There is also no way I can group the stuff together so that they cannot be accidentally mixed up with the other stuff in the inventory.

I would normally go with the second option but I'm wondering if there are other options or if I'm missing something. Surely there must be a better way to organize stuff?

buy some pitbull mk.i vehicles from auction.. low-tt ones

i use them to store stuff all the time. they hold a lot of shit.

Wow, 150 items and max weight of 401 kg. That should solve some problems. Thanks for the tip. :)

i use the 2nd solution
i put things ordered by their properties and common use in storage
for example, wools, hides, animal oils, fruits, sweat and residue in the top
after are coming the extrators, after the paints, after the sockets etc ...
for the mining materials, first the stones, after the ingots and after the enmatters

just by an apartment and start using storage on multiple planets.

Sidenote: if you have more than one apartment or shop it's kind of a pain in the ass as the inventory system is now since the website's 'my items' lumps all estates together as one container more or less. Wish Mindark would separate each estate out in the list there, and list which estate every item was in similar to how they split out each container box there.

Last edited:
i use the 2nd solution
i put things ordered by their properties and common use in storage
for example, wools, hides, animal oils, fruits, sweat and residue in the top
after are coming the extrators, after the paints, after the sockets etc ...
for the mining materials, first the stones, after the ingots and after the enmatters

I'm already doing that. But there are times when I want to separate those items into another group, like guns of various TT that I have listed for sale on this forum, or a certain group of mats that I want to set aside for my crafting needs, or the 30 X Belkar Ingots that I promised I'd keep for my friend for his tiering, etc. When you have more than a few of these groups, it is easy to get mixed up. It would be great if I can create folders that I can keep stuff in, so that they definitely will not get mixed up.

just by an apartment and start using storage on multiple planets.

Storage on other planets does not work well as it will not be easily accessible, and there is the small issue of pesky pirates but an apartment? Might be an option to consider if I can find one real cheap, close to tp, and has a lot of storage. Thanks for the idea! :)

If you are in Ark, you can always access the storage in the underground safely, fast, at any time.

If you are in caly, options are pretty limited, in which case pitbulls are probably the way to go.

If you are in Ark, you can always access the storage in the underground safely, fast, at any time.

That's an idea! :) Too bad I'm based in Caly.

Hmmm

I have been on since early 2009 when it was before vehicles, I have never found the need for an apartment. (Unless, you craft a whole lot or etc..I never found the need.)

When I travel to other planets, I leave the planets designated loot which I don't sell..on the planet for the next visit.

I find it easier to either sell or refine loot to what I need for use.

I have tons of clothes an items..but still do not need anything but storage, I see folks inventories on certain streams and just in awe of how much stuff they keep.LOL

I would suggest a new category on PCF called "Inventory Sales" and sell stuff off. :eyecrazy:

If u can find Kulokhar Tall Urn, nice item for storage items too, that can accommodate 54 items and 540 kg

wouldnt this be the only smart solution of all the others mentioned?

I mean, appartments...storages on different planets...??
How does this make things easier?? :scratch2:

Just do as rocket said, buy a few pitbulls and all your storage needs will be fullfilled! :wise:

There are plenty of bushes in very very remote places in the universe with countless of possible items you can hide there ;)

I just dont know for how long time items you drop on the ground stays there.

Just a useless advice from me you shouldnt take into concideration.

There are plenty of bushes in very very remote places in the universe with countless of possible items you can hide there ;)

I just dont know for how long time items you drop on the ground stays there.

Just a useless advice from me you shouldnt take into concideration.
Just tt it to a friend til u need it...

wouldnt this be the only smart solution of all the others mentioned?

I mean, appartments...storages on different planets...??
How does this make things easier?? :scratch2:

Just do as rocket said, buy a few pitbulls and all your storage needs will be fullfilled! :wise:

Problem is markup and vehicles cant be stored in apartments unless in another container.... good short term fix though. Pitbulls inside of resettlement containers in apartments help too... no actual limit in ark underground storage solution.... many of my pets end up there. .. i would not trust the thing storage since it was screwed up once and likely will again someday

Back