Question: What has happened to Atroxes

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have not really hunted them in a while, been going through all 30K,60K, including the silver and gold, missions that I did not complete. Anyway I have been hunting troxes for a few days and they have been disappointing at best. Now I know that there are ups and downs but I am not talking about actual peds I am talking about the lack of items in the loot. I have gotten a few good globals but no items. I used to get around 10 to 15 items, most of them TT fodder but still once in a while a fair MU item but I can not even get the TT fodder like the sockets I,II etc. I get 4 maybe 5 items and the rest ammo and shrapnel.

It is just me or is that the tend now ?

I can confirm that is not just you. I killed last month almost 4k troxes + countless shared ones...
Except 2-3 crap chips and 1-2 L3's I got 1 small esi... That's the loot in over 4.5k troxes.... Not to mention the amount of ped lost... But I can confirm that anything I hunt have same shit loot, very very very few items. You can get more on mulmuns looter elite, proterons, osseo, On them the items drop is better BUT ! :)

Sounds about right, am 1.3k or so into 10k mission only 1 esi (low tt), i think 1 or 2 enigma's.

Loot return is right overall, but man loot mix is dung. Waaay to much ammo+crapnel, but that seems to be the trend on calyspo in the main.

Calypso decided to move loot around and structure it this way on their mobs.. if you don't like it then leave caly and go hunt on ark or RT... many have already come to this realization and left caly. no one wants a shrap/ammo fest.

Calypso decided to move loot around and structure it this way on their mobs.. if you don't like it then leave caly and go hunt on ark or RT... many have already come to this realization and left caly. no one wants a shrap/ammo fest.

Sadly that's the conclusion I've come to and spend most time away from calypso coming back to sell stuff. I pick away at missions here these days but loot mix puts me off after an hour or 2.

I just wish that they would cut down on the crapnell/ammo and restructure loot mix to be interesting again. I love Calypso as was my home planet, but as things are it doesn't make for "fun" hunting. It almost seems as though items have been given priority for shared mobs and instance/events.

A RL friend who played a lot in the past hardly logs in these days, his reason is that he used to hunt then craft through all the low mark up stuff he got. I asked him last week why he hardly online and his reasons were that he couldn't play as he did before, and even if he bought mats to craft that expl prints have killed crafting. Why bother hunting when he hardly gets mats to craft simple I,II,III's or whatever, and even when he does get the mats that there seems no point crafting anything except exlposives.

Maybe lower tt on calypso mob hides and give more out in loot would be a wise move, hardly anyone crafts textures here as such a low supply.

Hope some change will come to make Calypso as fun as it used to be.

Sadly Dibbler

Last edited:
I just wish that they would cut down on the crapnell and restructure loot mix to be interesting again.
It's not like this is an accident. Caly mobs are not bugged or anything. They have been slowly removing markup from Caly mobs since I started playing over 6 years ago.

Shrap loot split % is the same across planets if I recall correctly, it's the Wep Cells/BLP Pack you want them to give less of, although to be fair the markup currently present in the loot is based off of the availability (or lack thereof) of the items in the loot, so it wouldn't really change your returns.

I found loot was a lot more boring on Calypso a few years back, and I also found Atrox to be a pretty boring mob compared to many others. I think it's because Atrox is a giant ped soak mob that deals little damage for how much health it has. Kerberos is similar and also has a very boring loot table, more interesting items can be found on more threatening or less popular mobs.

Another example would be the crabs at Rocktropia which used to have 6500 hp and 26 damage (now 650 hp 26 damage which is still a fairly good hp to dmg ratio), just a gambling mob which drops tt junk galore, could be compared somewhat to EP blueprint.

Last edited:
It's not like this is an accident. Caly mobs are not bugged or anything. They have been slowly removing markup from Caly mobs since I started playing over 6 years ago.

Removing Gazz from drones was a sad day, hardly anyone hunts them now :/.

Removing Gazz from drones was a sad day, hardly anyone hunts them now :/.

They're actually hunted semi regularly by ubers for their ESI drops, I believe.

They're actually hunted semi regularly by ubers for their ESI drops, I believe.

Yes Drone elites, but lower drones were hunted a lot in past when Gazz was part of the loot mix. As soon as was taken out people just stopped hunting them. Yes ubers still hunt the elites, but hardly anyone hunts the rest of the drones these days (or at least nowhere near as they were hunted before the change).

I don't think it 's only atrox, loot distribution is way off due to the 'wave' system. When i started PE, i hunted foul and would get 30 foul bone average with 100 kills. Earlier this year i went back to foul with a rocket launcher. 2000+ fouls gave me 17 bones.. Don't say me that explosive break the bones..

Well I am glad it not just me, I guess. Makes you wonder what is on MA's mind. Look at the millions of ped out there in items, even at TT prices. You know, and this is just a horrible thought, but if every ones just stops playing and MA calls it quits who gets the ped for the items ? Worse if MA just calls it quits they would not have to even pay TT for the items unless they gave notice. Like I said a horrible thought.

Well I am glad it not just me, I guess. Makes you wonder what is on MA's mind. Look at the millions of ped out there in items, even at TT prices. You know, and this is just a horrible thought, but if every ones just stops playing and MA calls it quits who gets the ped for the items ? Worse if MA just calls it quits they would not have to even pay TT for the items unless they gave notice. Like I said a horrible thought.

I thought maybe material caps had reached max at first, but if is so why are other planets not affected drop wise?

Could be perhaps that all stackables from other planets hit caly auction... who knows:scratch2:

I thought maybe material caps had reached max at first, but if is so why are other planets not affected drop wise?

Could be perhaps that all stackables from other planets hit caly auction... who knows:scratch2:

I hope there are no caps. If Entropia is growing as they say there should not be. Even at that there are still thing that are being consumed like extractors and the little electronic components things and so on. But I have not seen a tier or socket component in forever.

I am not arguing with or busting your chops just hope your are wrong but it look like you may be right:( I just don't understand why.

Back