Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
Here are the rules, study up serika....

2.10 - Affiliate Links/Solicitation
Advertising real life items or services unrelated to Entropia Universe, the posting of affiliate or referral links, or any other form of solicitation is NOT permitted on PlanetCalypsoForum (this includes member profiles or any other publicly viewable area). If you would like to advertise on PlanetCalypsoForum, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to inquire. Similarly, promotion of or posting links to charities or other services soliciting donations or money is NOT permitted. Any such postings may be deleted without notice.

So lets do a breakdown of the rules, to help you out since you're so slow.

Lets start with what kinds of links ARE allowed, it is allowed if it meets these requirements.

1. Is a service related to Entropia Universe
2. Does not contain an affiliate link or any other affiliate/referral information in the url
3. No solicitation is allowed

That means, that discussing www.pedtoclick.com is allowed.
It is no different than discussing www.entropialife.com or any other website which is a service related to Entropia Universe.

The fact that you also remove any linking to entropia universe affiliate links, just 'because' it is technically an affiliate link is following the rules. But I mean what good does that do? It just makes you look overbearing. Although I see no reason to post such links here anyways, as presumably everyone here is signed up. But when you edit a post such as this one:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Walkthrough&p=3566498&viewfull=1#post3566498

It does nothing but make you look bad. That is a thread that will be seen by many thousands of new players, and they will see how harsh and illogical you are as a mod and be turned off the forums before they start.

No one likes the job you perform, as you do it very poorly.

You continue to improperly enforce rules, and it gets annoying.

Update the rules if they don't work for you. Don't bend them to your opinion of what they 'should' mean.

Last edited:
I am all for forum rules & fairness, regulation for moderation.

I wish the OP knew the rules.

2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

I wish the OP knew the rules.

2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

Some mods don't mind taking things in the open.

Two wrongs don't make it right so, flame wars!

better not post those links in in game chat or on signs in game, etc. since technically Mindark doesn't want any links posted in game either, unless they are for society websites, at least that's what the answer was to a few different support tickets over the years... Doesn't matter if it's advertising in game shops, or services, etc... If it ain't a society website they don't want it in game and it's reportable as a violation/exploit, whatever.

Lets start with what kinds of links ARE allowed, it is allowed if it meets these requirements.

1. Is a service related to Entropia Universe
2. Does not contain an affiliate link or any other affiliate/referral information in the url
3. No solicitation is allowed

That means, that discussing www.pedtoclick.com is allowed.
It is no different than discussing www.entropialife.com or any other website which is a service related to Entropia Universe.

The pedtoclick link should not be allowed anywhere on the forum, imo
Paying others to click non EU related ads, with EU currency, makes it an EU related service, wtf? :D

I guess it's a matter of opinion what the status of the URL in question as "a service related to Entropia Universe" is. One side has the power to enforce its own opinion, while the other has not. If both OP and the Mods could agree to subject the decision to a poll, they would be relieved of the responsibility for it.

I guess it's a matter of opinion what the status of the URL in question as "a service related to Entropia Universe" is. One side has the power to enforce its own opinion, while the other has not. If both OP and the Mods could agree to subject the decision to a poll, they would be relieved of the responsibility for it.

Maybe, but, imo mods are put in place to mod the forum using their best judgment based on good knowledge of the rules + years of experience and NOT to make polls to ask the community how the rules should be applied or if they should be applied.

Said no Mod ever said:
Guys, do you think I should apply the rules in this post?
:D

In this particular case there is nothing to debate over. Else you could make ANY business related to EU by paying with PED... total bs, imo

Rule 1.1 seems a more appropriate one to discuss in this case.

The pedtoclick link should not be allowed anywhere on the forum, imo
Paying others to click non EU related ads, with EU currency, makes it an EU related service, wtf? :D

Not to mention violation of google, and many other advertiser policies. Which is the bigger issue I see, technically Mindark could be liable for allowing the promotion of ad click generators if the the site makes over a certain amount. Aside from that I don't really see a problem with it, just a potential liability (admittedly, a far stretch). I am surprised they still are able to operate to be honest.

I assume with this thread you are referring to me, not the moderators.

FYI, I wrote the forum rules, so it seems a fair assumption that I understand their purpose, intent, and how to apply them.

Further discussion of your request to promote your website will take place via private message.

:locked:

Status
Back