Easter Mayhem Preview

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Preparations in The Core have been sighted.

We must attack to obtain DSUs (Data Storage Units) and prevent the robots from finding the precious technology in the RX caches!

The attack is set to begin on Thursday, April 13, 1400 UTC and will run until Wednesday, April 19, 1400 UTC.

Full details and rewards will be posted on Monday, April 10.
/Brig. General de Souza

Originally Posted Here

Woot.
Easter bunny mode on.
Not much of an announcement though. More like a preliminary notice.

Get those enhancers crafted!

Get those enhancers crafted!

Waiting for pyrite to crash so I can afford to...

Hmmm Gold Rush is Apr 7, this is Apr 13. No way for me to finish GR mission in time for Core, but I really like GR skill pills and evade reward, love pew pew in the core.. Maybe go shoot some in GR to see if I can pick up some pills, then do core, and see if enough time to get back and finish GR...

GR or Core :scratch2:

Isn't the core just for ubers to win some more top prizes and loot great loot

If you believe what you say why don't you become uber and get them? Sounds easy :)

I'll let you know if I ever get there! :handgun:

because you need tons of money? as always the rich people get richer easily while the poor gettin poorer

So if you know that too why don't you lower expectation and live happy?

yeah right. why should there be events for the 99% of players if you belong to the 1% that gets satisfied. pretty dickhead talking.

There are tons of events you can win every day on landareas.
How hard can it be to play by Mindark rules and you have to create your own ones?

xW4bPEe.gif

yeah right. why should there be events for the 99% of players if you belong to the 1% that gets satisfied. pretty dickhead talking.

You should really always speak for yourself.
May I remind you that when last mayhem started you were gambling on Pesky ROCKtropia Beach Crab ? While the other 99% of hunters were making profit off of FFA Stars... How do you know events are bad even if you're not even on the planet? :)) wake up man

Yay more pissing contests and debates about ubers winning events.

I should really log onto PCF a lot less... :banghead:

1) ubers put in more time and money than you, so yeah they probably should win.. (this thing called life works the same way i think)

2) what the fuck is the point of having a competition if noobs can win and it's a total fucking lottery? No thanks. I'll never reach uber status but even I would boycott this game over that shit.

TL;DR play the game however it makes you happy.. not happy? don't play. want to be uber without putting in the time or money? go play something else that gives you the instant gratification you crave.

Waiting for pyrite to crash so I can afford to...

Hmmm Gold Rush is Apr 7, this is Apr 13. No way for me to finish GR mission in time for Core, but I really like GR skill pills and evade reward, love pew pew in the core.. Maybe go shoot some in GR to see if I can pick up some pills, then do core, and see if enough time to get back and finish GR...

GR or Core :scratch2:

Do both all the way! Just call in sick from work a few days, buy a case of your favorite energy drink and pew, pew, pew!

Do both all the way! Just call in sick from work a few days, buy a case of your favorite energy drink and pew, pew, pew!

Good suggestion, work is overrated anyway, unfortunately I need to work to pay for my PE habbit.

You should really always speak for yourself.
May I remind you that when last mayhem started you were gambling on Pesky ROCKtropia Beach Crab ? While the other 99% of hunters were making profit off of FFA Stars... How do you know events are bad even if you're not even on the planet? :)) wake up man

i made 10k peds on "gambling" on those crabs. so i guess i did what i shouldve done as i wouldnt have gotten that much with stars hunting :)

Hey Guys (and you Messi) - why not set up an event with different classes where even noobs can win their own class and ubers can win their own class too - that may even encourage others to join this great big circus as they may even win something.

I know that's just a crazy idea - I mean those who can play for hours every day; with their devotion and endless supplies of coffee should really win every event - I mean what greater encouragement can a new player get than losing $1,000 when they never had a chance to win anything anyway:yay::yay:

Hey Guys (and you Messi) - why not set up an event with different classes where even noobs can win their own class and ubers can win their own class too - that may even encourage others to join this great big circus as they may even win something.

I know that's just a crazy idea - I mean those who can play for hours every day; with their devotion and endless supplies of coffee should really win every event - I mean what greater encouragement can a new player get than losing $1,000 when they never had a chance to win anything anyway:yay::yay:

ye thats what everyone is asking for. an event with different classes and different prices for each class. let those ubers spend 100k to win their 100k price and let the noobs in a low class spend their 1k or 2k peds or whatever for a chance to compete for a price worth 2k. same again for 10k and somewhere between 30k and 50k and everyone is happy, everyone can compete and everyone can have a good time.
but the ubers just dont want anyone to win anything because they are selfish pricks that just want to earn off of the small people. why should they have fun right?

and to make my own event with ingame given tools... just lol. i guess uve never even stood at such a terminal. and how am i supposed to make an event for everyone (hint: event terminal has very limited tickets) while not having to let them pay something (so ticket price 0 ped as in other events as well) and earn from their cycled money (like MA does). right. there is no such way. there just is no good event to make. if i want to give awesome prices while still get the money back in ticket price id have to make so high prices that nobody will take part. its just useless trying to do something like that.
the event terminal is basically only for LA owners to promote people to cycle on their land, as they get the tax income, like MA does. but then there is the point again that you have to be super rich to own a landarea.
these ubers are so far out in their bubble that they just dont see anything else anymore.

Way back when they used to have different classifications for events, and each year on came the alts with mod merc etc and won them.

Doesn't matter how the events are set out, truth is the same set of people will win (or their alts). :)

Like anything in life, when it involves cash it amazes me how far people will go to get an extra $.

Don't talk about uber things if you are not arrived there yet or maybe you won't never get there.
But still MA could do something to equilibrate this system and do it for all , eq: category , put the prizes the prizes that everyone deserves , cat 5 , 150 k prizes? Yea they deserve it , cat 1 ? 2 k ped prize ? It's fair ! But everyone should stay in their category and SHOOT , w/o buying stars or idk what . You shoot you cycle like everyone . And then you will have the chance to win. No waiting at AUC and buying stars do nothing and win.
And those who are playing on PCF all the day should shut up , deposit and shoot ! Make something in game w/o crying .

ye thats what everyone is asking for. an event with different classes and different prices for each class. let those ubers spend 100k to win their 100k price and let the noobs in a low class spend their 1k or 2k peds or whatever for a chance to compete for a price worth 2k. same again for 10k and somewhere between 30k and 50k and everyone is happy, everyone can compete and everyone can have a good time.
but the ubers just dont want anyone to win anything because they are selfish pricks that just want to earn off of the small people. why should they have fun right?

It seems you are talking about a Gold Rush type event :D
There's one ongoing atm, check it out if you're so into such type of events...
In theory things are like this: you start with nothing. Play hard, skill hard, upgrade equipment, then, if you want to, go in events and give everything you got. You're going into a competition, a very hard one that needs skills, gear, determination...
If you want to go into events for loot, skill, missions....

Doing nothing of the above but complaining on the forum EVERY time an event comes out, complaining that there's no guaranteed prize for you, even if you are not willing to lift a finger, is not helping you in any way.

Can the current events be improved? - ABSOLUTELY
Should they be tailored for professional whiners like you? - ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Better try to find something fun to do, seriously, in this game or somewhere else, it looks like a constant burden for you.

It seems you are talking about a Gold Rush type event :D
There's one ongoing atm, check it out if you're so into such type of events...
In theory things are like this: you start with nothing. Play hard, skill hard, upgrade equipment, then, if you want to, go in events and give everything you got. You're going into a competition, a very hard one that needs skills, gear, determination...
If you want to go into events for loot, skill, missions....

Doing nothing of the above but complaining on the forum EVERY time an event comes out, complaining that there's no guaranteed prize for you, even if you are not willing to lift a finger, is not helping you in any way.

Can the current events be improved? - ABSOLUTELY
Should they be tailored for professional whiners like you? - ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Better try to find something fun to do, seriously, in this game or somewhere else, it looks like a constant burden for you.

i really dont know what your problem is but you are wrong again. i was taking part in goldrush. i like the idea thats behind it. its exactly what caly should do as well. nobody is complaining there. id even go a step further and make more health ristrictions on the other cats as well. right now GR only has one on the first stage but it should be in all stages apart from the hardest one.
so maybe you should try to learn what you are talking about and who you are talking about before making false assumptions all day long.
and it doesnt need to be hand tailored for anyone. im just asking for a bit more fairness and competition. is that too much to ask for you? do you think that only ubers should win prices and have fun at events and that caly events are better than GR? i dont think so. so maybe you should stop talking bullshit and acknowledge that we are on the same side. we just want a better experience for everyone. i really dont know how some of these guys can have a problem with that idea... but yeah. i guess some people are always against everyone, even when they are on the same page.

and on a side note:
why am i not allowed to tell to the community, as well as mindark, what i dont like? isnt it better for all of them to come together, talk about it so that everyone can get a better game experience? or should everyone just shut up, dont suggest anything and just leave the game if they dont like it? would that be better? just leaving the game without trying to make it a better place? because if you think like that and everyone would follow that advise than this game would be very very empty, very soon.
we stick around, try to tell them what should / could be changed to generate more traffic which would result in a better game for everyone.

There are tons of events you can win every day on landareas.
How hard can it be to play by Mindark rules and you have to create your own ones?

events in this game suck massive ass. 90% of players can't even compete in them. some other online games handle events infinitely better. end of story

why am i not allowed to tell to the community, as well as mindark, what i dont like? isnt it better for all of them to come together, talk about it so that everyone can get a better game experience? or should everyone just shut up, dont suggest anything and just leave the game if they dont like it? would that be better? just leaving the game without trying to make it a better place? because if you think like that and everyone would follow that advise than this game would be very very empty, very soon.
we stick around, try to tell them what should / could be changed to generate more traffic which would result in a better game for everyone.

Great points - well made. We may not be ubers but we care for the game.:yup:

im just asking for a bit more fairness and competition. is that too much to ask for you? do you think that only ubers should win prices and have fun at events and that caly events are better than GR? i dont think so. so maybe you should stop talking bullshit and acknowledge that we are on the same side. we just want a better experience for everyone. i really dont know how some of these guys can have a problem with that idea... but yeah. i guess some people are always against everyone, even when they are on the same page.

I do think ubers should win most prizes - what else would motivate me or you to get where they are? The competion of such an event is not just in those 20 hours. Players keep saying this: you prepare for this for years; skill hard, REALLY hard. Upgrade equipment, get tought, then, attempt to win a place in the top 10 or 50 or something....
I may be wrong but you are salty because it's not more random? Random folks should have more chances at top prizes? Or those who worked for months/years should be rewarded? But this is happening in everyday hunting, a random hunter loots an uber weapon, armor, healing tool... while an uber next to this hunter killed 30 times more and when they loot stuff, everyone starts the hate club :D - events should reflect gear, skills and experience.

If Caly would have a GR type of events, like in the past, people YOUR level, same skill, same HP, could and WOULD rent gear and WILL win top prizes in your category, while most would try with their own gear and go chill/fun mode but with expectations to win... then another trend of hate would arise towards those who rented gear or got from friends, soc, family, w/e... you or others will want to revert back. This is always happening, it's a never ending story, every damn event announcement thread, the whining choir starts to complain and immediately suggest improvements from a viewpoint of a player that hasn't got enough experience in events, nor the mindset to win.

Start compete against other players, guys, stop competing with MA, you will always loose.
Wanna win? Step up! Skill up! Gear up! Get in the instance and start the mayhem!!
gl :)

I do think ubers should win most prizes - what else would motivate me or you to get where they are? The competion of such an event is not just in those 20 hours. Players keep saying this: you prepare for this for years; skill hard, REALLY hard. Upgrade equipment, get tought, then, attempt to win a place in the top 10 or 50 or something....
I may be wrong but you are salty because it's not more random? Random folks should have more chances at top prizes? Or those who worked for months/years should be rewarded? But this is happening in everyday hunting, a random hunter loots an uber weapon, armor, healing tool... while an uber next to this hunter killed 30 times more and when they loot stuff, everyone starts the hate club :D - events should reflect gear, skills and experience.

If Caly would have a GR type of events, like in the past, people YOUR level, same skill, same HP, could and WOULD rent gear and WILL win top prizes in your category, while most would try with their own gear and go chill/fun mode but with expectations to win... then another trend of hate would arise towards those who rented gear or got from friends, soc, family, w/e... you or others will want to revert back. This is always happening, it's a never ending story, every damn event announcement thread, the whining choir starts to complain and immediately suggest improvements from a viewpoint of a player that hasn't got enough experience in events, nor the mindset to win.

Start compete against other players, guys, stop competing with MA, you will always loose.
Wanna win? Step up! Skill up! Gear up! Get in the instance and start the mayhem!!

you still dont get it. of course the ubers should and would win. in their top category. but whats wrong with giving smaller categorys prices as well, of course on a smaller scale.
everyone can only win in one category. and if they wanne do alts to compete for the low prices as well, well then let em do it. at least they need to put in more effort to win several categorys.

you still dont get it. of course the ubers should and would win. in their top category. but whats wrong with giving smaller categorys prices as well, of course on a smaller scale.
everyone can only win in one category. and if they wanne do alts to compete for the low prices as well, well then let em do it. at least they need to put in more effort to win several categorys.
Good points.

Wow - is English your first language?

Back