Crappy Battle Simulator Loot

wandererp

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Achilles Abe Alberich
Is it just me or is the loot from Battle Simulator getting really crappy?

Out of 10 runs, I would get at least one bonus loot and 2 or 3 guns. For my last 20 runs, I have just a single bonus loot and just one gun - a measly BatSim R1 (not even full TT)

Just wondering if everybody is having the same experience.

Good loot only lasted for the first 3 or 4 days. It's completely crap now, as I was expecting honestly :rolleyes:

I am thrilled to hear this.

Batsim guns IMO are are threat to the balance of the game for many hunters, especially on places like ark where guns have a markup.

I personally TT all of mine in protest...accepting these into the economy is like accepting economic suicide.

The bonus loot runs were to be expected to turn into crap.

The loot you get in those runs are from boxes that other players failed to loot due to running out of time, death, stuck, etc. So those peds (3 per failed run) will go onto a pile. The problem is, less and less people are failing the runs, resulting in less runs with multiplied loot.

The bonus loot runs were to be expected to turn into crap.

The loot you get in those runs are from boxes that other players failed to loot due to running out of time, death, stuck, etc. So those peds (3 per failed run) will go onto a pile. The problem is, less and less people are failing the runs, resulting in less runs with multiplied loot.

I guess you are right but I was hoping for loot with a better Mu so that there is an incentive to run the course. If not, I think it is a matter of time before everyone stops playing.

I would agree. My logs showed a drastic drop in the BatSim gun loots, which were basically the prime source of MU from BatSim for me.

The other items that drop do have some MU, but you would need to do an insane amount of runs or have a buyer at the ready for smaller stacks.

I had suggested before to have the small robots be a rare drop as pet, but more ideas like that could work for people to continue doing BatSim.

The other items that drop do have some MU, but you would need to do an insane amount of runs or have a buyer at the ready for smaller stacks.

Taking a closer look at my most recent loots, the percentage drops, in terms of TT value, are as follows:

Loot DescriptionPercentage
Shrapnel53.5%
Output Amplifier Component14%
Socket Components30.5%

So, the return for an average run without bonus would be as follows:

Loot DescriptionPercentageTT ValueMarkupValue with Markup
Shrapnel53.5%1.61 PED101%1.63 PED
Output Amplifier Component14%0.42 PED130%0.55 PED
Socket Components30.5%0.92 PED105%0.97 PED
Total2.95 PED3.15 PED

Even taking into account the markup of the items, and assuming that you can sell the items at that markup without incurring any additional costs like the auction commission, you are basically losing 0.85 PED per run.

The tables above are based on approximately 20 runs. So, I would have lost 17 PED.

Assuming you can presently get 1 gun and 1 bonus in 20 runs, and I get a generous 10 PED bonus and a full TT BatSim R2, I would still have barely broken even.

Battle Simulator was fun at the start, but it seems that it is going to take more to get people to keep playing it.

U 4got take into account that u can global in BS

Reactions: das
I would agree. My logs showed a drastic drop in the BatSim gun loots, which were basically the prime source of MU from BatSim for me.

I had suggested before to have the small robots be a rare drop as pet, but more ideas like that could work for people to continue doing BatSim.

Assuming you can presently get 1 gun and 1 bonus in 20 runs, and I get a generous 10 PED bonus and a full TT BatSim R2, I would still have barely broken even.

Battle Simulator was fun at the start, but it seems that it is going to take more to get people to keep playing it.
I haven't noticed much difference in gun drops this week compared to the previous ones. Of 39 runs so far, 9 times weapons dropped (23% of runs) which is pretty much in line with earlier experience. Actually first week I had only 8.33% so if anything it has improved over the weeks.

But as with everything it comes down to sample sizes. How many runs have you finished, Lizzy and wandererp?

Una,

I have 181 runs recorded in March (I know I did more but not recorded all)
I did not properly track gun drops but at the very least I had 45% droprate on guns making a guess at what lines are gun sales in my sales sheet.

So far I have only done 40 in April due to disappointing loot. Planning to farm a little bit later in the month.
Currently 9 guns in April, at 22,50%, more runs will obviously change drop rate %.

*edit*
To add, runs with improved loot;
March: 17 runs, 9,39% of the runs, 3 globals (54, 73 and 98ped).
April: 2 runs, 5% of the runs, 0 globals.

Last edited:
Una,

I have 181 runs recorded in March (I know I did more but not recorded all)
I did not properly track gun drops but at the very least I had 45% droprate on guns making a guess at what lines are gun sales in my sales sheet.

So far I have only done 40 in April due to disappointing loot. Planning to farm a little bit later in the month.
Currently 9 guns in April, at 22,50%, more runs will obviously change drop rate %.

*edit*
To add, runs with improved loot;
March: 17 runs, 9,39% of the runs, 3 globals (54, 73 and 98ped).
April: 2 runs, 5% of the runs, 0 globals.
I would say your 45% droprate in the beginning was very very high, rather than your current one being bad. I've been around the 23% (20-25) mark ever since the first week which I mentioned was incredibly poor for me. I have 187 recorded in total for both March and April.

Less runs with improved loot is only natural since in the beginning there were a lot more failed runs across the board.

I haven't noticed much difference in gun drops this week compared to the previous ones. Of 39 runs so far, 9 times weapons dropped (23% of runs) which is pretty much in line with earlier experience. Actually first week I had only 8.33% so if anything it has improved over the weeks.

But as with everything it comes down to sample sizes. How many runs have you finished, Lizzy and wandererp?

I have completed more than 20 runs and looted just one BatSim R1 - that's a drop rate of less than 5%! Not saying that the drop rate has really decreased as I have too small a sample size but I just wanted to compare notes.

The guns have to be used up before they can drop again.

Is it just me or is the loot from Battle Simulator getting really crappy?

Out of 10 runs, I would get at least one bonus loot and 2 or 3 guns. For my last 20 runs, I have just a single bonus loot and just one gun - a measly BatSim R1 (not even full TT)

Just wondering if everybody is having the same experience.

I was expecting this. Had to happen. The loot reduced so much that now you can only break even or small profit - immediately results in a whining thread, as expected :D And that is EVERYONE can breakeven, no gear, no huge HP, no fapper, no skills, 0 markup consumed, nothing. Sorry, hope these dark days don't last long guys.

Constant profit for everyone, with flood of limited guns and other MU, kills the economy, an adjustment was needed and it's most welcomed. Calling - break even - [em]really crappy loot[/em] is a bit exaggerated, don't you think ?

PS Love what you did with adding tags "crappy loot" =))

Last edited:
well if MA wanted to kill batsim, they did a good job, tho considering this week they added random players winning more, it makes me think they just dont know what they are doing

i was doing batsim first week it came out, guns were droping like somebody said aprox 50% of the time, and also every run a skill pill, back then the avarage run was a profit if you could sell guns

now i did a few runs and guess what, no guns, no outputs, no skillpills (theyve vanished a long time ago) only TT junk and some shrap, ive said it in a diffrent post, if you want to keep batsim alive, what you need to do is add MU, and add more MU if you finish at a good time, but give the ability to choose at what time you think you can finish, for example, when i regiser for batsim, i have the option to check il finish it at 7 mins or less, if i suceed my MU reward should be higher then somebody who has picked a less difficult setting

if you add dificulties to batsim, people will have a goal to get better ( becouse thats where the money is), and i find it ironic that the entire EU game is get to lvl 100 and get the best gear, yet batsim gives you little diffrence between if you finish at 6 mins or at 20 mins, only diffrence is best time gets some ped at the end, well if in the future nobody will bothr playing batsim, even that will be gone

Calling - break even - [em]really crappy loot[/em] is a bit exaggerated, don't you think ?

When you are used to guns dropping every 2 or 3 runs, and then having just one gun drop after 20 runs, I think I can be forgiven for calling the present loots crappy. :)

PS Love what you did with adding tags "crappy loot" =))

I call them as I see them. :)

well if MA wanted to kill batsim, they did a good job, tho considering this week they added random players winning more, it makes me think they just dont know what they are doing

i was doing batsim first week it came out, guns were droping like somebody said aprox 50% of the time, and also every run a skill pill, back then the avarage run was a profit if you could sell guns

now i did a few runs and guess what, no guns, no outputs, no skillpills (theyve vanished a long time ago) only TT junk and some shrap, ive said it in a diffrent post, if you want to keep batsim alive, what you need to do is add MU, and add more MU if you finish at a good time, but give the ability to choose at what time you think you can finish, for example, when i regiser for batsim, i have the option to check il finish it at 7 mins or less, if i suceed my MU reward should be higher then somebody who has picked a less difficult setting

if you add dificulties to batsim, people will have a goal to get better ( becouse thats where the money is), and i find it ironic that the entire EU game is get to lvl 100 and get the best gear, yet batsim gives you little diffrence between if you finish at 6 mins or at 20 mins, only diffrence is best time gets some ped at the end, well if in the future nobody will bothr playing batsim, even that will be gone

I totally agree that something has got to be done or there will be less and less people playing Bat Sim as time goes by. I think Bat Sim is a good idea and hope MA runs with it rather than just leave it and move on to another project.

To be honest I watched a couple of YouTube vids after which I had no interest at all in playing the BatSim.
However the guns do seem to have pretty nice stats.

-Avalon.

I totally agree that something has got to be done or there will be less and less people playing Bat Sim as time goes by. I think Bat Sim is a good idea and hope MA runs with it rather than just leave it and move on to another project.

Do you think it's fair to spend 0 % MU to get lots of MU? I don't.
As forgo said at first, it would kill the L market with those pistols, and that's a huge market...
It's not OK to make huge TT profit there either, IMO, because it would make many players from the main game play only BatSim :D

Maybe new markup could actually work?

Last edited:
Do you think it's fair to spend 0 % MU to get lots of MU? I don't.
As forgo said at first, it would kill the L market with those pistols, and that's a huge market...
It's not OK to make huge TT profit there either, IMO, because it would make many players from the main game play only BatSim :D

I'm just saying that interest in BatSim will taper off if the risks and rewards in BatSim remains in it's present form. If BatSim guns are bad for the L market, then there should be other ways to incentivize players to run the course.

MA has spread out the prize distribution so that more of the top finishers get a prize and, for this week's competition, random finishers from among the top 200 finishers get a prize. These are great ideas, and I'm just saying that more needs to be done to maintain interest over the longer term.

I'm just saying that interest in BatSim will taper off if the risks and rewards in BatSim remains in it's present form. If BatSim guns are bad for the L market, then there should be other ways to incentivize players to run the course.

MA has spread out the prize distribution so that more of the top finishers get a prize and, for this week's competition, random finishers from among the top 200 finishers get a prize. These are great ideas, and I'm just saying that more needs to be done to maintain interest over the longer term.

I agree that there's plenty of room for improvement. I disagree with the fact that it's crappy, when, in fact, it's cheap fun (breakeven/small profit). You can just play BatSim, no one asks you you farm 24/7. Entertainment costs, you're not payed to have fun usually. In this case you are, you just have to improve your time. :)

Less runs with improved loot is only natural since in the beginning there were a lot more failed runs across the board.

That seems to be the problem with BS - there are nigh zero incentives to keep failing.

In the 'big game', people can find a justification to keep feeding the system for years, be it skills, those mythical "balancing HoFs" or possible rare loots. In BS, people who see they ain't getting anywhere are mostly gone in two days or so. Hence, BS needs new suckers way more urgently than the 'big game'; and the plank is rising faster as well.

idk how many times i have to say this, YOU ADD A DIFFICULTY SETTING, the difficulty gives you incentive to get better, becouse it rewards you whit more MU

if you add a difficulty setting more people will fail, which gives the "noobs" that are doing the safe runs still same chance to get lucky whit better loot, their loot will only be more TT junk

if nothing changes batsim will become a more profitable form of sweating, and all im poiting out is, if they implement "higher risk higher reward", then it wont be as dull as sweating, and skilled people will get rewarded more then noobs

im not saying you need to make batsim atract everybody, but for the people playing it, you need to give them more reason to play it instead of playing rest of EU ( if you dont want batsim to die)
why do we see that decline in participation, i assume other people dont care for it anymore for same reason i dont, which is there is no money to be made, other then placing top 10, and if less and less players will even try it once, the lootpool for placing top 10 will also soon go away, and then it will die

I agree that there's plenty of room for improvement. I disagree with the fact that it's crappy, when, in fact, it's cheap fun (breakeven/small profit). You can just play BatSim, no one asks you you farm 24/7. Entertainment costs, you're not payed to have fun usually. In this case you are, you just have to improve your time. :)

Considering that I used to get one gun every 3 runs or so, getting a gun every 20 runs is not very good and I stand by my statement that the loot is crappy.

However, if one were to play BatSim for fun, and yes, entertainment is not free, I think that the present loot from BatSim is not crappy.

But, I wonder how many people play BatSim for fun rather than for profit?

Considering that I used to get one gun every 3 runs or so, getting a gun every 20 runs is not very good and I stand by my statement that the loot is crappy.

However, if one were to play BatSim for fun, and yes, entertainment is not free, I think that the present loot from BatSim is not crappy.

But, I wonder how many people play BatSim for fun rather than for profit?

hello, i play it ofcouse for my first place. but also sometimes for fun, it only costs 3,90ped 6-2,10 and even a chance on boost or gun. i play it 50+times/week

Last edited:
loot gone real crap now? any1 experienced?

regards cambuurrinse

Back