PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Provider wandererp's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2017
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Singapore
    Avatar
    Achilles Abe Alberich
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    166
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think it's fair to spend 0 % MU to get lots of MU? I don't.
    As forgo said at first, it would kill the L market with those pistols, and that's a huge market...
    It's not OK to make huge TT profit there either, IMO, because it would make many players from the main game play only BatSim
    I'm just saying that interest in BatSim will taper off if the risks and rewards in BatSim remains in it's present form. If BatSim guns are bad for the L market, then there should be other ways to incentivize players to run the course.

    MA has spread out the prize distribution so that more of the top finishers get a prize and, for this week's competition, random finishers from among the top 200 finishers get a prize. These are great ideas, and I'm just saying that more needs to be done to maintain interest over the longer term.
    Calypso's Traders - A blog about trading in Entropia Universe.

  2. #22
    Prowler Evey's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Avatar
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Posts
    1,599
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by wandererp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just saying that interest in BatSim will taper off if the risks and rewards in BatSim remains in it's present form. If BatSim guns are bad for the L market, then there should be other ways to incentivize players to run the course.

    MA has spread out the prize distribution so that more of the top finishers get a prize and, for this week's competition, random finishers from among the top 200 finishers get a prize. These are great ideas, and I'm just saying that more needs to be done to maintain interest over the longer term.
    I agree that there's plenty of room for improvement. I disagree with the fact that it's crappy, when, in fact, it's cheap fun (breakeven/small profit). You can just play BatSim, no one asks you you farm 24/7. Entertainment costs, you're not payed to have fun usually. In this case you are, you just have to improve your time.

  3. #23
    Elite Haruto Rat's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Avatar
    Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Posts
    3,255
    Images
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by UnaAlconbury View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Less runs with improved loot is only natural since in the beginning there were a lot more failed runs across the board.
    That seems to be the problem with BS - there are nigh zero incentives to keep failing.

    In the 'big game', people can find a justification to keep feeding the system for years, be it skills, those mythical "balancing HoFs" or possible rare loots. In BS, people who see they ain't getting anywhere are mostly gone in two days or so. Hence, BS needs new suckers way more urgently than the 'big game'; and the plank is rising faster as well.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

  4. #24
    idk how many times i have to say this, YOU ADD A DIFFICULTY SETTING, the difficulty gives you incentive to get better, becouse it rewards you whit more MU

    if you add a difficulty setting more people will fail, which gives the "noobs" that are doing the safe runs still same chance to get lucky whit better loot, their loot will only be more TT junk

    if nothing changes batsim will become a more profitable form of sweating, and all im poiting out is, if they implement "higher risk higher reward", then it wont be as dull as sweating, and skilled people will get rewarded more then noobs

    im not saying you need to make batsim atract everybody, but for the people playing it, you need to give them more reason to play it instead of playing rest of EU ( if you dont want batsim to die)
    why do we see that decline in participation, i assume other people dont care for it anymore for same reason i dont, which is there is no money to be made, other then placing top 10, and if less and less players will even try it once, the lootpool for placing top 10 will also soon go away, and then it will die

  5. #25
    Provider wandererp's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2017
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Singapore
    Avatar
    Achilles Abe Alberich
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    166
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that there's plenty of room for improvement. I disagree with the fact that it's crappy, when, in fact, it's cheap fun (breakeven/small profit). You can just play BatSim, no one asks you you farm 24/7. Entertainment costs, you're not payed to have fun usually. In this case you are, you just have to improve your time.
    Considering that I used to get one gun every 3 runs or so, getting a gun every 20 runs is not very good and I stand by my statement that the loot is crappy.

    However, if one were to play BatSim for fun, and yes, entertainment is not free, I think that the present loot from BatSim is not crappy.

    But, I wonder how many people play BatSim for fun rather than for profit?
    Calypso's Traders - A blog about trading in Entropia Universe.

  6. #26
    Elite
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Avatar
    Cambuurrinse
    Society
    Craft To Manufacture
    Posts
    2,898
    Quote Originally Posted by wandererp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering that I used to get one gun every 3 runs or so, getting a gun every 20 runs is not very good and I stand by my statement that the loot is crappy.

    However, if one were to play BatSim for fun, and yes, entertainment is not free, I think that the present loot from BatSim is not crappy.

    But, I wonder how many people play BatSim for fun rather than for profit?
    hello, i play it ofcouse for my first place. but also sometimes for fun, it only costs 3,90ped 6-2,10 and even a chance on boost or gun. i play it 50+times/week
    Last edited by cambuurrinse; 11-09-2017 at 16:56.

  7. #27
    Elite
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Avatar
    Cambuurrinse
    Society
    Craft To Manufacture
    Posts
    2,898
    loot gone real crap now? any1 experienced?

    regards cambuurrinse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook