Easter Mayhem Discussion

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Sorry, forget I said anything... Not sure what I hoped this would accomplish but I know it's not even worth my time to bitch about it.

Go do the event, blow lots of peds and make MA rich! I wish you luck. :)

Last edited:
This kind of funny because it was not too long ago people complained about having multiple categories because alts would just steal all the lower categories. Now it's because all the big bad ubers are winning it every time.

Better to pay more than 10 places and ensure that each category distributes the dsus with fair distribution.

This kind of funny because it was not too long ago people complained about having multiple categories because alts would just steal all the lower categories. Now it's because all the big bad ubers are winning it every time.

Better to pay more than 10 places and ensure that each category distributes the dsus with fair distribution.

If there's fair distribution of points between categories then ubers bitch about not having an advantage to grinding cat 5 which they feel entitled to since they invested the most money. Rightfully so too as they should have SOME advantage. Though I feel their advantage should be limited to the prize they get to compete for vs the lower level Cats. Anyways, people bitch about everything - there's no pleasing everyone.

As for alts stealing the low category prizes, I don't see how that would be possible with the 20 hour normalized scoring... even if they create alts they have an equal opportunity to any other player in low Cats.

Hey competition is great and being "uber" aside. With the structure as it is it's just not mathematically possible for anyone on the low Categories to win (short of winning the lottery level odds of back to back to back 5000 pointers) ...so why even bother? Why don't they just come right out and say that players can run the low cat instances but they don't even earn points cause they have no chance in hell of winning on those tiers? I just see it as being a bit misleading to those that don't know.

I think the GR in Arkadia shows it's possible to have events with different categories and seperate prizes for all.

I think the GR in Arkadia shows it's possible to have events with different categories and seperate prizes for all.

I agree :) Can certainly be improved in some little bits, but it's definitly rewarding on all levels, hell, even the losers get a "consolation prize" in skill pills and in a sense, free skills.

PCF team has a somewhat big headstart over other PP's anyway, so that's always a plus for them to not get anything actualy done, their revenue is secured in a sense. I think this is one of their major issues when providing new content.

If there's fair distribution of points between categories then ubers bitch about not having an advantage to grinding cat 5 which they feel entitled to since they invested the most money. Rightfully so too as they should have SOME advantage. Though I feel their advantage should be limited to the prize they get to compete for vs the lower level Cats. Anyways, people bitch about everything - there's no pleasing everyone.

As for alts stealing the low category prizes, I don't see how that would be possible with the 20 hour normalized scoring... even if they create alts they have an equal opportunity to any other player in low Cats.

Hey competition is great and being "uber" aside. With the structure as it is it's just not mathematically possible for anyone on the low Categories to win (short of winning the lottery level odds of back to back to back 5000 pointers) ...so why even bother? Why don't they just come right out and say that players can run the low cat instances but they don't even earn points cause they have no chance in hell of winning on those tiers? I just see it as being a bit misleading to those that don't know.

I agree. Whilst GR is not perfect it rewards with skill pills and a good mission. It also has prizes to suit categories.
MA or PC or whatever they are now don't care enough to even apply a modicum of thought. I am fed up of the BS.
MA - THIS FORMULA DOES NOT WORK !

Sure, then people will bitch that categories have subpar prizes because they are divided. I don't disagree that this format is poor, but let's not kid ourselves... these events are intended to stimulate turnover.

let's not kid ourselves... these events are intended to stimulate turnover.

Then they will fail with their own intention because those of us who would play in a fair event won't bother when we know there are no aces in our pack - because they have all been placed in cat 5 !!

Then they will fail with their own intention because those of us who would play in a fair event won't bother when we know there are no aces in our pack - because they have all been placed in cat 5 !!

Emotion aside.. are they really?

Who has category/level statistics on distribution of these tokens? Until then, you can't really make that claim.

Last edited:

Since 2006 your forumacc is created, there is nothing that implies that a competitive event should be designed to allow a lazy casual player to WIN instead of the ones that struggled in effort of skills and technique and ofc monetary efforts to maintain the toptier items and gear.

To reach a competitive level would casually take 3 years with todays missions and skillpills and half of that if alot of effort and time put to it.

To cater for beginners I think would be more then fair but I do think thats where all the effort from MA is going atm, missionchains, conversionmissions for cheap UL nice items and ofc faster pace of skilling and not to mention the normalised lootsystem with same drops from all maturities (no gain from hunting bigger mobs/mats)

Personally I think the prices could be houses, cool clothings with buffs or fancy mindforce stuff or whatever consumables one can come up with, even untradeable stuff would be very cool from those competitions and neither of that would cause more deflation of ingame prices for gear.

Allso to bring it back to a few categories again so that I would compete versus similar level players and the beginners or extremely lazy ones like you can fight it out for another category of prices.

I can see what you are feeling and I do agree that some sort of low level events could be nice but to be honest the only time that its close to fair is when we loot something ingame since then we all can loot it on the exact same premises, but this is a competition and the strongest ofc should win :)

//Linzey

/mod note/

If the first post had not been self-edited, this thread would have been closed due to rule 2.11.

However, after removing that text also from post #3 and editing the title, it should be ok to remain open for further discussion (and inevitable venting?) about Easter Mayhem 2017.

/mod note/

If the first post had not been self-edited, this thread would have been closed due to rule 2.11.

However, after removing that text also from post #3 and editing the title, it should be ok to remain open for further discussion (and inevitable venting?) about Easter Mayhem 2017.

I actually think post #11 should be made sticky somehow.

There is something fundamentally wrong here.

The point a number of us are proposing is to set up an event which is based on categories.

The top category would have the top prizes and reward the hours of "hard work and dedication" of the ubers with uber prizes and the lower categories would give the rest of us mere mortals reason to play and potentially compete for a not uber prize.

What is wrong with this suggestion?

The point a number of us are proposing is to set up an event which is based on categories.

The top category would have the top prizes and reward the hours of "hard work and dedication" of the ubers with uber prizes and the lower categories would give the rest of us mere mortals reason to play and potentially compete for a not uber prize.

its the fear of alts using uber gear. be nice if MA was to double down on stopping alts, either investigating all accounts on shared IPs or requesting ID on all accounts after 6 months and you can't enter these event without added ID first

A simple question then. How would you define these categories? What 'in game' measure applicable to every avatar would you use? Oh, and the bonus question....what would make your suggestion fair to all?

I hear a lot of people wanting categories, but so far no suggestions as to how they think it should work.

Ff

I think it would be near impossible to create an event that takes everyone into consideration.

Use the new battle simulator and you'll have people complaining that newbies / alts can win or ubers are being unfairly penalised by not allowing them to use the skills and gear.

The events are geared towards the players who deposit the most and that usually means the upper echelons. I know that doesn't include me so I just tune them out now and ignore them.

Last edited:
I think it would be near impossible to create an event that takes everyone into consideration.

Use the new battle simulator and you'll have people complaining that newbies / alts can win or ubers are being unfairly penalised by not allowing them to use the skills and gear.

The events are geared towards the players who deposit the most and that usually means the upper echelons. I know that doesn't include me so I just tune them out now and ignore them.

This is why I think the only alternative left is to FULL TRUST Mindark and follow their rules and ideas.

I wouldn't go that far ;)

I had an idea a few years ago as an alternative to the instance mayhems - adjusted event mobs that are mixed into the normal spawns. This was before Arks mutant mobs.

Players would have to look across the entire planet to find them rather just blasting away in one instance and the load is then spread across the server farm. You take a mission for certain mobs so even if you borrowed higher level gear you'd still have to search for the mobs to kill rather than them spawning right in front of you.

Last edited:
This is why I think the only alternative left is to FULL TRUST Mindark and follow their rules and ideas.

I don't think the problem is trusting Mindark. It is trusting other players and their never ending inventiveness at finding a way around the Mindark rules and ideas. :rolleyes:

Competitive advantage through skills, time, investment and experience is fine.
Competitive advantage through exploiting loopholes in the coding or rules isn't.

Ff

Back